Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 640 pounds of explosives stolen in Pennsylvania - Iranian "Sleeper Cells" Suspected

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Bullwinkle View Post

Was there no security at the explosives location?
    If not, why not?
    Explosives are not something that is just piled behind a cyclone fence with a padlocked gate.
    No flame intended Idaho,

If the Truth be known,
    Most County Quarries and a lot of State Highway Projects are exempt from what some consider good security, on such sites, where explosives are used.
    In such places,
    And yes, They are very well protected behind a chain link fence (maybe?), with a pad lock on the main gate,
    (sometimes the gate was just an 3/8ths steel cable hung between two old telephone poles with the lock on one end?)
    And of course there was another pad lock (Quality not great) on the Plywood door of the storage shed.
    Our County Quarry was ripped off twice in 10 years. Once in the Mid 80's, again in 91'.

But as to private citizens,
    If your into Commercial Grade Fireworks, the stuff you have to do to store them is costly.

And at the Local Private quarries, all explosives have to be stored in a metal building or container, within its own chain link area.
    One quarry that was local to us had to have three containers, one for each type of explosive stored.
    They had live security cameras on all three, that were monitored 24/7. The Locks on each were very hard to defeat.
    As for the Electronic Detonators, they were stored separately from all, and kept in a heavy steel safe bolted to the frame in the back of the bosses pickup.

I hauled a lot of rock from there and got to know the owners, good hard working people.
    The quarry had a quality 400 meter range on one side and I used it a lot, with permission of course.

Rhodie
    I have seen the Elephant, War and Worse,
    I do not love it
    Nor do I fear it.
    I just dread what it can do to my country.

Duty, HONOR, Country.
    If you have to ask, you will never Know.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    John F Kennedy

The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves.
    George Washington

'Forged in a fire lit long ago. Stand next to me, you'll never stand alone.'

My guess is that someone knew which trailer to open.
    My guess is with Haz Mat regulations being what they are there were plenty of signs saying what was in the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by awesome1 View Post
    why weren't the Iranian sleeper cells rounded up? Typical gov response though. They never prevent anything, always react to whatever comes their way.
    With more worthless laws that aren't worth the water to flush them down the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by awesome1 View Post
    why weren't the Iranian sleeper cells rounded up? Typical gov response though. They never prevent anything, always react to whatever comes their way.
    In this country it is against the law, (supposedly) to arrest someone just because you think they might do something bad.
    In this country, the law is just as protective toward the bad, to a point, as it is the good,(supposedly). And it has to be in order to work as it is designed.
    Government is for those that would be governed.

Rattus Anus Non Donum  I'm just tired I guess....