Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 Reasons To Eat More Game

Garlic, in particular, and spices in general are the secret to good venison.

I've put the backstrap in a slow cooker with onions, garlic, salt, black pepper, basil and spaghetti sauce.
    It's good!
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

Chicken fried venison tenderloin steaks with lots of garlic and onions, then make brown gravy with the pan drippings, pour all over the steaks in the crock pot to simmer all day works great with hot biscuits! Rabbit made using the same recipe is also good eats.

I've made chicken fried venison a lot but never went as far as you go.

Many years ago I used to hunt rabbits with an old Italian fellow and his boys.

He would bread the rabbit and fry it with the garlic and onion and simmer in spaghetti sauce.
    Then served it over polenta.
    Good stuff.

BTW, never take food advice from a skinny person
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

First of all, I'm not skinny anymore.

There are two things that happen when you retire. 1) You start growing hair in places you didn't know could grow hair. 2) You're pants get smaller. You know the ones you have been wearing for the last 40 years (the size).

Also never take cooking advice from someone who can't even grill. I do put my foot down really hard when it comes to striking the match. That is my job, and nobody had better even look at the match box.

O & BTW my son prefers rabbit to venison any day.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett
    BTW, never take food advice from a skinny person
    It's ok Davy. It's all about portion control.

Default Beware the Zombie Deer Disease

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."