Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amalgamated Bank Pressures Ruger To Support Gun Control Measures

Quote Originally Posted by Sherree View Post
    Yes it is. I think the time for Christians and churches to go underground is fastly approaching or face dire consequences. Who would have ever thought it possible to happen here?
    Maybe instead of hiding we should be standing forth with the gospel. I have thought for years that instead of spending so mush time going against this and that and something else, we should be going forth with the gospel, presenting it from the Holy Bible, God's word. God never sent Christians out to stand for or against this or that or something else, God commissioned Christians to spread the gospel.

The gospel will change lives, telling people to live differently will not change lives. You cannot legistrate righteousness, but the gospel can change lives so that people want to live righteously.

We need to spread the gospel to our neighbors, our friends, our families, and throughout the world. We need to get our priorities strait. I know I have spent too much time standing against this or that or for this or that. What if all Christians used the time they usually use trumpeting the rightness or the wrongness of some issue to spread the gospel? I believe God would turn many hearts to Himself and many issues we were against would disappear.

I hope I will stand forth with the gospel no matter what I am threstend with by our government or anyone else. Please pray that I will keep my priorities strait.

Spike
    John 14:6 New Living Translation (NLT)

6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

Default It's the deep state

GOP Splits As Banks Take On The Gun Industry

BY Herschel Smith
    18 hours, 11 minutes ago Politico:
    Major banks are cutting off business with the gun industry, roiling Republicans who want to respect the financial decisions of private institutions while still showing their unyielding support of the Second Amendment.
    Some Republicans, enraged at moves by Citigroup and Bank of America to distance themselves from some retailers and gun manufacturers, have called on government agencies to cancel contracts with the banks and defer deregulation proposals that would benefit them. But other Republicans want to keep their hands off, saying lenders are free to decide who they do business with.
    It’s a conundrum that puts the free-market principles at odds with gun rights, and Republicans across the board are genuinely split over how to react to moves by some of the biggest financial institutions in the country.
    “I’m not writing a law that says you can’t do it — I just think it’s dumb and it’s dangerous waters,” Rep. Bill Huizenga (R-Mich.) said. “I have a pretty high bar before I’m going to go in and tell the private sector what they should and shouldn’t be doing.”
    Oh bullshit. You’ve written plenty of laws that trace the exchange of capital forcing people to utilize banks. You’ve written onerous taxation laws that require us to know where every penny goes, you’ve written laws that fund the federal reserve, and you’ve bailed out the banks to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars.
    Don’t come crying to me about the free market. That “high bar” you talked about wasn’t so high when you were trying to take the people’s money, so now when those very banks you’ve bailed out and made systemic to our financial system won’t work with firearms manufacturers, now you pull the “free market” card? Now you do?
    What a putz. You’re a liar and a crapweasel.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."