Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It’s Happening Just Like The Bible Said it Would

She say's GQ is very popular. I've never seen one outside the barber shop, and that's usually one that does women as well as men......can you say metro...

I'd bet it's sales are limited to hair salons..... would a real man have a subscription? None I know.
    Educate others to grow our base of informed citizens, it's tyranny. Spread the Gospel.

Prepare wisely individually. An army runs on it's stomach.

Network with those who prepare wisely and take advantage of the strength in numbers and the economy of scale.

Then, when the curtains come down and the truth is evident to an informed citizenry, we unite and fight the new world order.

In the case of the Bible, it seems like fair advice. If you are a Christian, you have read it, so the advice isn't for you. If you aren't and haven't, it probably isn't going to be a particularly productive, and certainly not an entertaining, read. It is useful to know some of it to better understand our culture and its metaphors, but you can do that a lot more easily with one of the many summaries of the Bible.

As for the rest, it's a mixed bag. I like a lot of those books that suffer from "toxic masculinity." I found Tolkien tedious to read, but ultimately worth the effort.

My take on the entire article is that it's intended as satire; not to be taken seriously/literally. It's a way to draw attention to the cultural importance of the books of the western canon.

ANd a great Click Bait don't forget that. Ands anyone at any time can make a reference to something happening now that was written about in the Bible, ANYONE at any time about anything. Don't make it so, don't make it seem that it is something that is going to happen. At All. One can do the same thing with those writings of Nostradamus, Take 10 people reading the same quatrain and get 10 different Interpretations, and those same 10 people can do that seam thing with reading some passage form the Bible. One can MAKE interpretations LOOK like something they are not, just the way they read things into, and between the lines. And once again don't it so or true. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    My take on the entire article is that it's intended as satire; not to be taken seriously/literally. It's a way to draw attention to the cultural importance of the books of the western canon.
    I wondered if it was satire at first, but if it is, I missed most of the cues.

Actually the original article was put together by the editor's of GQ magazine, and was highlighted as being an original article on Fox News, not in any form or fashion was it intended to be satire, or a joke.

Here is 3 links to actual news articles about it:

Todd Starnes: The Bible gets a bad review from GQ Magazine -- Although it's the bestselling book in history

Fox News · 21h

The editors of GQ Magazine have named the Holy Bible as one of the most overrated books in history. It’s ironic considering that a good many folks probably find GQ magazine to be overrated – if they’ve …

GQ Magazine puts Bible on list of classic books not worth reading

USA Today · 22h

GQ Magazine puts Bible on list of classic books not worth reading GQ Magazine placed the bible on a list called “21 Books You Don’t Have to Read.” Veuer's Sam Berman has the full story. Check out this …

GQ magazine includes the Bible on 'don't have to read' list

ABC 7 Chicago · 17h

Men's fashion magazine GQ has stirred up controversy by including the Bible on its list of "21 Books You Don't Have to Read." The editors placed the Bible as number 12 on their list saying, "The Holy Bible is …

And it is my understanding that the internet blew up over it.

So, no it most certainly isn't satire.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him