Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: YETI Accuses The NRA Of Lying In Statement After Severing Ties

Default YETI Accuses The NRA Of Lying In Statement After Severing Ties

YETI Accuses The NRA Of Lying In Statement After Severing Ties

David Hookstead | Reporter
    YETI Coolers released a statement Monday responding to outrage over severing ties with the NRA.
    They’ve been in the news nonstop after the NRA released the following statement explaining how the relationship between the two organizations came to an unexpected end.
    For years YETI Coolers have been a hot item for sportsmen at the Friends of NRA Foundation Banquet and Auction events around the country.
    These Foundation events raise money to support youth programs and educational programs nationwide. The youth of America who benefit from these programs are the future hunters, hikers, fishermen/women, bikers, campers, wildlife photographers, mountain climbers, sportsmen/women and conservationists who will protect our natural resources and recreational lands.
    Suddenly, without prior notice, YETI has declined to do business with The NRA Foundation saying they no longer wish to be an NRA vendor, and refused to say why. They will only say they will no longer sell products to The NRA Foundation. That certainly isn’t sportsmanlike. In fact, YETI should be ashamed. They have declined to continue helping America’s young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities. These activities enable them to appreciate America and enjoy our natural resources with wholesome and healthy
    outdoor recreational and educational programs.
    Well, YETI has a very different take on the situation, and straight up claimed that the NRA was lying with “inaccurate statements.”
    YETI said in part:
    When we notified teh NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distrubted on April 20.

Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.
    You can see the full statement below. The cooler company is getting annihilated in the comment section.

This is turning into an absolute disaster for YETI. As I noted above, just take a glance at the Facebook comments and the responses on Twitter. They’re brutal.
    pic.twitter.com/vZPyJnNqr4
    — NewMarketMauler (@NewMarketMauler) April 23, 2018
    pic.twitter.com/Qyj0ZfpIPl
    — Aaron (@fishinvol365) April 23, 2018
    Go back to China, Yeti. @TervisTumbler is made in the USA!!! pic.twitter.com/37pZfmASGg
    — Preston Hagee (@PrestonHagee) April 23, 2018
    pic.twitter.com/rhm4GgaWbz
    — Fulmer U (@SEC_CRNA) April 23, 2018
    It appears to me that YETI is in damage control mode. It turns out not doing business with an organization extremely popular with your customers is a really dumb idea.
    Check back to see how this situation continues to evolve.

http://smokeroom.com/2018/04/23/yeti-nra-statement/
    Europe used to have empires. They were run by emperors.
    Then we had kingdoms. They were run by kings.
    Now we have countries...

There are alternatives to Yeti better quality and lower price.
    http://thecoolerbox.com/coolers-like-yeti-but-cheaper/
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

What a stupid move by a company who has convinced everyone with a pick up truck they need a $500 cooler. Down here it is stupid how many folks buy those things. Most don't need them. It is just because of marketing. Yeti is almost synonymous with the term male here in Alabama. Not anymore, they have a revolt going on. It think someone put up a video blowing one up with tannerite here locally. Coleman, ORCA and Ozark Trail need to capitalize on this!
    Hwæt! Wé Gárdena in géardagum þéodcyninga þrym gefrúnon· hú ðá æþelingas ellen fremedon. - Listen! We of the Spear-Danes in the days of yore, of those clan-kings heard of their glory. How the worthy princes performed courageous deeds.

I would explain things to you but....I'm all out of crayons and puppets.

I'd rather have three mid size regular coolers than one extremely heavy large yeti. Cost would be eighty percent less. Granted, a yeti is well insulated. But is it really necessary? For the money involved, i'd say no. I did I mention how heavy they are. I suppose if I owned a spot to keep one full of beverages every day of the week, yah, be nice and pay back in ice soon enough. Amazing how advertising works.....like nike shoes.
    Educate others to grow our base of informed citizens, it's tyranny. Spread the Gospel.

Prepare wisely individually. An army runs on it's stomach.

Network with those who prepare wisely and take advantage of the strength in numbers and the economy of scale.

Then, when the curtains come down and the truth is evident to an informed citizenry, we unite and fight the new world order.

I replied to their E mail thusly, Nice spin.

That's what happens when a business hires a left coast marketing agency. Don't know what made them make that decision,they certainly knew their target market,"folks that will pay $60,000 for a pick up will have no problem paying $700 to keep a $5 bag of ice in".
    "On hire from Swiss or Sweden, be me Christain, be me heathen,The Devil to the sabre I shall put"

Way over-priced!

I don't have any Yeti products but use insulated cups (not theirs)
    The Yeti cups are $29 or $39.
    Walmart and Harbor Freight, for example, have the same cup (without the Yeti name) for 1/3 of that price
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

Don't forget that the new Ford 3/4 ton fully loaded 4 x4 is now $100,000. So what if a person then wants to spend big money for a ice chest is is THEIR MONEY after all. Let em do what they want to. LOL

Um....as a recent NRA member = joined about 6 weeks ago = the NRA hasn't gotten around to telling me what to buy or where to buy it.

Could it be possible PEOPLE are making their purchasing choices here? <--- Honest question. I'm not up to speed on this stuff. Been distracted by the anti-2A crap at the Statehouse.
    Remember the Prepper's Motto: "Panic early and avoid the rush!"
    Everything I post is Fiction and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.
    88 = Heil Hitler

This looks like either Yeti changed their minds quickly, or that somebody in the NRA pushed-out something prematurely and is causing a ruckus. I tend toward the latter.

I'm not in the Yeti market, I can get 90% of what I need from Coleman, but I think there was a miscommunication here.

Then again, Yeti may have sniffed the air and decided that the Yuppie Hikers are a larger group than duck hunters.

Earl
    That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Withdraw consent!