Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: YETI Accuses The NRA Of Lying In Statement After Severing Ties

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-company-logo/

Damage mitigation in liberal leftist Austin, TX. it appears...

Former NRA exec:
    YETI severed ties with the NRA and is now engaging in damage control after a backlash from many of its customers. In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing “recent events” as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7-year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material. While YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts. While Yeti can choose to run from the NRA, they can’t run from the facts.
    “Blessed are those who, in the face of death, think only about the front sight.” Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

And just what did yeti think was going to happen?
    They sell a 500.00 cooler which is astronomically too much for what it is and then crap all over their number 1 customers.
    Yeti doesn't understand who their customer base are at all. Probably some yuppy formed company anyway.
    So playing the PR card to make liberals happy when liberals are too cheap to buy a yeti cooler for 500.00 to begin with when liberals and yuppys know they can get something similar at Walmart for a 10th of the price wasn't a good move.

Love watching outlandish priced yuppy company's fail. Its like drinking a cold glass of sweet ice tea on a lazy hot sticky day laying in a hammock.
    LMAO!!!

Down side of this is the somewhere along the line the tax payers will pay for their bailout.

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2018/04/yet...#ixzz5DtHK7rE8
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

On to YETI Coolers! What the hell, right?

I mean seriously, what gives? When did coolers of any brand have anything to do with our gun rights? Here's my take (and I may be wrong) but the evidence thus far seems conclusive. Of course, I'm talking about YETI coolers and their apparent decision to bail on the NRA Foundation 501(c)(3) by asking for the removal of their products and discontinued use of logo's, etc. Where have we seen this dance before? It appears, if Marion Hammer is accurate and truthful, that YETI took a big, giant dump in their product on this one. Regardless, they're paying a terrible PR price for whatever happened, and again, if and only if Marion is right, deserve everything they get.
    In a nutshell, Marion Hammer, past president of the NRA accuses YETI of pulling out of the Foundation, YETI then sends AmmoLand News a statement essentially calling her account a lie, Marion doubles down and tells YETI they're full of crap and then offers up a triple down:

“YETI severed ties with the NRA and is now engaging in damage control after a backlash from many of its customers. In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing ‘recent events’ as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a seven-year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material.
    While YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts. While Yeti can choose to run from the NRA, they can’t run from the facts. Whether this is due to the recent cancellation of their IPO from their New York City owners is a question only they can answer.”
    The backlash she is referring to is columns like this, and people blowing up their YETI coolers filled with Tanerite or merely filling them full of holes. It's people like me telling listeners that I've bought a new RTIC brand cooler at one third the price (it delivers today, YAY!) and won't be using my two YETI's anymore. (I'm not going to blow them up, I'm considering selling them to someone and giving the money to the Second Amendment Foundation).
    Yeah, the backlash has been swift and painful for YETI, and whoever in the boardroom decided to do whatever they did in today's charged political climate, whether it was innocent or not, really blew it and in the process, helped make a massive statement to the PC crowd and gun-grabbers. More importantly, this sends a message to any other company that thinks they might want to piss off gun owners after pretending to be one of us.
    This fiasco is far more significant than a cooler.

I believe this whole dust-up sends the needed signal that we're sick and tired of the attacks on our way of life. We're fed up with being called murderers by 16-year-old teenagers, and we're tired of being spat upon by a bloodthirsty media quick to push the anti-gun narrative. In this case, the message is clear: If you pretend to be one of us then decide to play politics with our loyalty to your brand you will be dealt with swiftly and severely. You will find that this blade has two sharp edges and cuts both ways. The mere appearance of abandoning support for millions of NRA members (read: any lawful gun owner) who have been loyal customers will have painful results.

There are other cooler brands. Ads by Amazon

Coleman Coastal Xtreme Series Marine Portable Cooler, 120 Quart
    $63.84$119.99
    Bestseller
    (432)

DEAL OF THE DAY

ENDS IN

RTIC Cooler (45 qt., White)
    $151.99$151.99
    Bestseller
    (409)

DEAL OF THE DAY

ENDS IN

Igloo Profile 16 quart Cooler, Sandstone/Blaze Red, 16 Qt/1…
    $19.97$24.83
    Bestseller
    (40)

DEAL OF THE DAY

ENDS IN

Igloo BMX 52 quart Cooler - Carbonite Gray/Carbonite Blue
    $89.99$109.00
    Bestseller
    (4)

DEAL OF THE DAY

ENDS IN

Ads by Amazon

Whether this was a “misunderstanding” as YETI has called it or a more sinister move to join the other PC companies who sowed their oats, we no longer care. Fed-up law-abiding citizens are sending a message to YOU that your actions will be dealt with swiftly and you will pay the price for abandoning our loyalty. This is the straw that says (loudly) to other companies that we will act, and you must know that when we as a block decide to move, it is permanent. We don't blow with the wind like snowflakes.
    Yes, this is much bigger than a cooler, right YETI?
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

The Defender Outdoors family of companies, including Defender Outdoors Shooting Center, Defender Outdoors Clay Sports Ranch, Defender Outdoors Argyle, and DefenderOutdoors.com, has officially decide to no longer offer YETI products.

This action is in response to multiple reports by the National Rifle Association that YETI has decided to no longer continue doing business with the organization that has been the leader in protecting our Second Amendment and civil rights for over 100 years. Actions have consequences.
    Defender Outdoors has long been a supporter of the National Rifle Association and Second Amendment rights. Defender Outdoors, with its focus on shooting sports, hunting, and firearm training, has also been a long-time retailer of YETI® coolers, drinkware, and apparel. The news of YETI’s unwillingness to support the NRA and Second Amendment rights comes as a shock to the firearms community, and especially to other Texas-based companies in the outdoors industry. By removing YETI products from the shelves, Defender Outdoors seeks to assert that our Second Amendment rights shall not be infringed and show solidarity with the National Rifle Association.

For more information about Defender Outdoors or their commitment to support Second Amendment rights, please contact Andrew Sypien, press representative for Defender Outdoors
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Retailer Cuts Ties With YETI For Ditching NRA

Bad move, YETI.
    Via BPR:
    The funny thing about boycotts is that you never know which way they’ll go, or how fickle consumers and entrepreneurs will react.
    In a move YETI probably didn’t expect when the company recently dropped The NRA Foundation as a client, NRA supporters began posting videos of themselves blowing up YETI coolers.
    Competitors like Pelican jumped to capitalize on the controversy over gun rights by agreeing to donate $10 to the NRA for every cooler sold.
    And retailers such as Ozark Sportsman Supply are ditching YETI products, with the company posting a statement on Facebook that it “will no longer support or sell Yeti company and their products.”
    Ozark went on to directly address the political climate of the country and where it believes the majority stands:
    Keep reading…

why can't companies just make and markets products and stay the crap out of politics
    The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but the newspapers."
    Thomas Jefferson

I never bought in to the whole Yeti concept. Neighbor has had several for awhile. My personal take is that besides being way overpriced, it was awkward to load into a 4WD pickup bed because of the weight, and the rubber bungee typed straps are not too user friendly. If you absolutely have to keep ice that long, I guess it may be cost effective, but how many times does the average user need to?

My local Ace hardware has been promoting them for three years now. Even the employees are not too thrilled about them. I told one clerk that I saw a slightly scratched apartment sized refrigerator on sale at Walmart for less than a med/large Yeti cooler. He said that he was not surprised. My primary care doctor just moved to a new location, and what do you think opened up in his former space? YETI marketing office. With all of their top heavy expense on PR and millennial staffers, no wonder they mark up the product so much.

Talked to same neighbor yesterday. His son is a private tournament fishing captain. The fleet is converting to mostly RTIC. Their reps are much "redder" and relate to sportsmen better than the Yeti people.

Personally, I think the YETI products were intended for dumb millennials, who would pay that price, pack it in their Mini Coopers, and go camping, drive up in the mountains, and commune with nature, Ooooouuuummmmm.

But they got hijacked by hunters, and fisherman.

So now, it's right back where it belongs. Which they may not fair so well with, since the millennials are now using RV's that have refrigerators in them.

I've got three Coleman's, and if you prep them right, and use block ice, they are good for 5 days, at least. They are different sizes, and we haven't needed them over 5 days.

Got some of the 30 oz coffee mugs (YETI knock offs) at Sams, pre heat those things and coffee stays good, not scalding hot, for 12 hours. Gave 10 bucks for 'em. Worked so good I quit carrying my Stanley.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

They would have gotten a lot more clicks if the headline read, "Yeti sticks bigfoot in mouth."
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

didn't something come out just in the last few days that this was all a misunderstanding and that Yeti wasn't dropping the membership thing out of a sense of being anti 2nd Amendment? that it was scheduled to be phased out at this time?