Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Chance or Designer

Although Michele Behe is Roman Catholic he was willing to accept Darwinian evolution until he could see how preposterous it was to believe that undirected natural processes could account for the amazingly complex structures we see in life. Once again, the evolutionists MUST believe, however preposterous it may be, that these structures have evolved because they can accept no other alternative. "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools".

Having a "Christian" background, upbringing, and belief system, doesn't mean that person will reject evolution.

As noted in "The Clergy Letter Project" where a lot of Presbyterian, Methodist, Episcopalian, and non-denom's were signees.

And then there is the RCC. There was a Jesuit Priest, now remember as a "Christian" a Jesuit Priest should believe in God, and creation, who was a staunch supporter of evolution, and was involved in 2 digs. Both digs were famous world wide, and still are, both of which have been debunked, Piltdown Man, and Peking Man. Piltdown Man was proven to be an out right fraud, some 40 years later, and Peking Man, was lost, disappeared.

I will admit "they" still have plaster casts of the original, but the original is gone. Just because they have plaster casts doesn't mean there ever was an original. Anyone even a Jesuit Priest involved in a previous fraud, can make a plaster cast of a skull made from wood, or even modeling clay.

I can't think of the Priest's name, and my sat is out right now, due to heavy rain, so I can't look it up, but in the beginning his writings about evolution were banned by the RCC. Then later reinstated, and now either this Pope, or the last one, even quote from him, and his works. So even being a high muckity muck in any denomination is no guarantee that the person leading the denom. is a believer.

I have listened to several preachers locally that I have wondered about, since they were off base Biblically. Even one I was keeping up with 2 weeks ago voted in a new pastor, and it was more about the money he would receive, then whether it was God leading, or God's will, for him to pastor that church. He missed several of the qualification in 1 Timothy 3, and he was still voted in by a majority of the congregation. Go figure. Those that voted against him, left.

When told the amount he was asking for, I asked if I could fill out an application for the job. They had a funny look on their face, and I told them for that kind of money for 3 hours of work a week, I could fake it. I don't think they got the point of what I was saying, because they just shook their head.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Finally got my internet back, so the Jesuit's name is:

Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    Having a "Christian" background, upbringing, and belief system, doesn't mean that person will reject evolution.

As noted in "The Clergy Letter Project" where a lot of Presbyterian, Methodist, Episcopalian, and non-denom's were signees.

And then there is the RCC. There was a Jesuit Priest, now remember as a "Christian" a Jesuit Priest should believe in God, and creation, who was a staunch supporter of evolution, and was involved in 2 digs. Both digs were famous world wide, and still are, both of which have been debunked, Piltdown Man, and Peking Man. Piltdown Man was proven to be an out right fraud, some 40 years later, and Peking Man, was lost, disappeared.
    Yes, as you indicated later that was Pierre Teilhard de Chardin. He appears to have been inspired by Henri Bergson who believed in orthogenesis, which I think is a form of theistic evolution. Here is info on that from Wikipedia:

Orthogenesis, also known as orthogenetic evolution, progressive evolution, evolutionary progress, or progressionism, is the biological hypothesis that organisms have an innate tendency to evolve in a definite direction towards some goal (teleology) due to some internal mechanism or "driving force". According to the theory, the largest-scale trends in evolution have an absolute goal such as increasing biological complexity. Prominent historical figures who have championed some form of evolutionary progress include Jean-Baptiste Lamarck, Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, and Henri Bergson.

With the emergence of the modern synthesis, in which genetics was integrated with evolution, orthogenesis and other alternatives to Darwinism were largely abandoned by biologists, but the notion that evolution represents progress is still widely shared.
    And of course, hard line evolutionists totally reject the idea of some kind of directed evolution which would open the door to many undesired possibilities.

I have listened to several preachers locally that I have wondered about, since they were off base Biblically. Even one I was keeping up with 2 weeks ago voted in a new pastor, and it was more about the money he would receive, then whether it was God leading, or God's will, for him to pastor that church. He missed several of the qualification in 1 Timothy 3, and he was still voted in by a majority of the congregation. Go figure. Those that voted against him, left.

When told the amount he was asking for, I asked if I could fill out an application for the job. They had a funny look on their face, and I told them for that kind of money for 3 hours of work a week, I could fake it. I don't think they got the point of what I was saying, because they just shook their head.
    That is sad.

That is sad.
    Yeah, and I can pound on the pulpit and shout just as good as the next guy. LOL

Seriously though, yes very sad indeed. On both sides. The Pastor who doesn't know the Bible, and was voted in by a congregation that doesn't know the Bible. Or they both just disregard it, because it's what they want.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

About 6 minutes:

Wise Men Still Seek Him

Testimony of another convert about 12 minutes

Wise Men Still Seek Him

Good videos. In the second video Tom Bethel says "there is actually no evidence for evolution". One species doesn't evolve into another species. Over extremely long periods of time bacteria remain bacteria and ants remain ants.

Evolution is a religion that excludes God. It is a belief system where God is replaced by a belief that nature itself can perform miracles. In order to worship at the church of Darwin you first must believe that evolution is absolutely true regardless of the evidence.

Just my personal observation 9er, and your welcome to comment on:

Taking the ….stand on Intellectual Design (ID) doesn't necessarily mean the commentators are Christians, and believe in the God of the Bible. They may very well do, which is fine, I'm just saying they don't HAVE to.

Supporting ID only debunks evolution as an answer to "Life". And those that support ID give proof of evidence against evolution, and that's all, it doesn't support conclusively that the God of the Bible is the intelligence behind it.

To some scientist ID could of been done by any number of "persons". Even back before evolution there were belief systems that put forward that it was like Ra the Egyptian god, or Zeus, etc...

Even today in some circles in the scientific community (and believe it or not the RCC) it is thought through panspermia, the intelligence behind the design are aliens who seeded the earth.

The western world particularly, has become very comfortable with the idea (not scientific evidence, the same with evolution) that aliens do exist. Through UFO stories, Area 51, a bunch of scifi TV series, and Hollywood movies, and even with the science community in statements, "we aren't alone, the universe is to big for that." The stories, and even in animation for kids some aliens have been benevolent, and others malevolent, and that a war exists between them.

So comfortable that if an "Angel of Light" were to appear through either a spacecraft, or dimensional portal, etc.... They would be accepted for who they say they are, which would probably be, our savior.

I appreciate Phd's coming forward using evidence to disprove evolution, however since the beginning, and including evolution, and being careful with ID the aim has always been to lead the general public away from the God of The Bible.

And it may be that they are providing such compelling evidence in their anti-evolution that care must be taken for where they are leading us. Even now they come across as angels of light, by exposing the darkness.

Just saying.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Just my personal observation 9er, and your welcome to comment on:

Taking the ….stand on Intellectual Design (ID) doesn't necessarily mean the commentators are Christians, and believe in the God of the Bible. They may very well do, which is fine, I'm just saying they don't HAVE to.

Supporting ID only debunks evolution as an answer to "Life". And those that support ID give proof of evidence against evolution, and that's all, it doesn't support conclusively that the God of the Bible is the intelligence behind it.

To some scientist ID could of been done by any number of "persons". Even back before evolution there were belief systems that put forward that it was like Ra the Egyptian god, or Zeus, etc...

Even today in some circles in the scientific community (and believe it or not the RCC) it is thought through panspermia, the intelligence behind the design are aliens who seeded the earth.

The western world particularly, has become very comfortable with the idea (not scientific evidence, the same with evolution) that aliens do exist. Through UFO stories, Area 51, a bunch of scifi TV series, and Hollywood movies, and even with the science community in statements, "we aren't alone, the universe is to big for that." The stories, and even in animation for kids some aliens have been benevolent, and others malevolent, and that a war exists between them.

So comfortable that if an "Angel of Light" were to appear through either a spacecraft, or dimensional portal, etc.... They would be accepted for who they say they are, which would probably be, our savior.

I appreciate Phd's coming forward using evidence to disprove evolution, however since the beginning, and including evolution, and being careful with ID the aim has always been to lead the general public away from the God of The Bible.

And it may be that they are providing such compelling evidence in their anti-evolution that care must be taken for where they are leading us. Even now they come across as angels of light, by exposing the darkness.

Just saying.
    Thanks for making that clarification about ID because it is important for people to know what it is and what it isn't. Just being a supporter of ID doesn't imply that the person is embracing the belief that God is the creator, although there are many Christians who are scientists and who strongly support ID because they believe it is true and it obviously refutes godless Darwinian evolution.

But you are also right that if we ever get to the point where mainstream science accepts the idea of ID, then since they still will largely remain atheists, they will likely turn to panspermia, or someone like Ra as the seeder of life on earth rather than the God of the Bible. But we are still pretty far from that becoming reality. It's hard for people to give up the delusion of Darwin.