Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: They've blown up the Boy Scouts. What next?

I understand what people are saying about the real church, and those that would call themselves church. I get that. The difference between the two is starting to become a chasm.

A couple of examples:

1) The Pope told a gay guy that God made him that way. Ummm a couple of days ago, if anyone needs the news link on that, let me know. Of course by extension that means ALL homosexuals were made that way be God. Will the rank and file go along with that. If not, a chasm is brewing.

2) Heard this on the radio, so don't have a link, but may be able to find one if asked. There is a Civil War brewing in the Southern Baptist Convention. The SBC has been generally a conservative group. The liberal side of the SBC has been making in roads. Especially with their Ethics guy, Russel Moore. In a few days, a couple of weeks (?) The SBC is having their annual convention to elect a new president. 2 guys are in the running, one a liberal and backed by Russel Moore, and a conservative. The liberals are making a strong showing, and if he wins, they figure it will split the convention.

It has gotten so bad that 1st Baptist Church of Dallas, you know the guy that supported Trump, and I think he was the guy that spoke at the dedication of the US Embassy in Jerusalem, the pastor, has stopped funding the Ethics Board that Russel Moore heads, due to his extreme liberalism.

3) it may have been a couple of weeks ago, that either a Methodist, or Presbyterian Pastor prayed for a blessing on an abortion clinic.

4) in Ireland the liberals are paying for plane fair to have people come home and vote on an Abortion Referendum. I haven't gotten into all of the details, but assume there are churchy things going on there as well.

Personally, I hope the chasm gets huge. So huge in fact that the distinction is easily viewable. I want people to know that I am a Bible believing Christian, and don't "fit in" with "church".
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    I understand what people are saying about the real church, and those that would call themselves church. I get that. The difference between the two is starting to become a chasm.

A couple of examples:

1) The Pope told a gay guy that God made him that way. Ummm a couple of days ago, if anyone needs the news link on that, let me know. Of course by extension that means ALL homosexuals were made that way be God. Will the rank and file go along with that. If not, a chasm is brewing.

2) Heard this on the radio, so don't have a link, but may be able to find one if asked. There is a Civil War brewing in the Southern Baptist Convention. The SBC has been generally a conservative group. The liberal side of the SBC has been making in roads. Especially with their Ethics guy, Russel Moore. In a few days, a couple of weeks (?) The SBC is having their annual convention to elect a new president. 2 guys are in the running, one a liberal and backed by Russel Moore, and a conservative. The liberals are making a strong showing, and if he wins, they figure it will split the convention.

It has gotten so bad that 1st Baptist Church of Dallas, you know the guy that supported Trump, and I think he was the guy that spoke at the dedication of the US Embassy in Jerusalem, the pastor, has stopped funding the Ethics Board that Russel Moore heads, due to his extreme liberalism.

3) it may have been a couple of weeks ago, that either a Methodist, or Presbyterian Pastor prayed for a blessing on an abortion clinic.

4) in Ireland the liberals are paying for plane fair to have people come home and vote on an Abortion Referendum. I haven't gotten into all of the details, but assume there are churchy things going on there as well.

Personally, I hope the chasm gets huge. So huge in fact that the distinction is easily viewable. I want people to know that I am a Bible believing Christian, and don't "fit in" with "church".
    The chasm is already quite large and steadily growing. Sadly, many of the traditionally "conservative" churches have become nothing more than cowardly social clubs/mutual admiration societies.

Quote Originally Posted by moestooge View Post
    The chasm is already quite large and steadily growing. Sadly, many of the traditionally "conservative" churches have become nothing more than cowardly social clubs/mutual admiration societies.
    LOL are you my neighbor? I know it's sad, and not funny, but you just described the conservative churches in my area, and since this is a very conservative area, so nearly all the "regular" churches are social clubs etc.... 'Course the liberal ones are too, only worse. One's like the country club, the other like Woodstock.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Whats next? Anything they want as long as no one is willing to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by doat View Post
    Whats next? Anything they want as long as no one is willing to stop it.
    Wanting to have sex with angels while blind?
    Wise Men Still Seek Him