Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring Creek fire

Default Spring Creek fire

There's an out of control fire in SE Colorado being dubbed the spring Creek fire. This fire is occurring where I raised my kids. It made it through to the Huerfano valley where there is a small village called Gardner.. it's about to take out the village.

My great grandkids (the twins) other great grandmother lives in the center of that villiage. My son in laws family lives there, old friends of mine live there. I just got a picture from the villiage of the fire...it's at their door step.

There are many people there in the general area and in the county who are at risk of loosing everything. So many are very low income and or elderly.

A little town called LeVeta wasn't only 3 miles from the fire's edge. I used to work in that town...it's such a beautiful little torist town.

The fire is 0% contained. If you Google costilla county spring Creek fire or Huerfano County spring Creek fire, you can get more info. Also, Facebook has tons of stuff. I'm not a member there so I'm lited as to what I can view. But if you want to know more, that's where to go.

This is heartbreaking for all concerned. I was just there between may 5 and may 19. Went to Alamosa for my granddaughters graduation..Master's degree . She lives in Walsenbburg which could also become under threat.

Please pray the people get out safely. The land will bloom again, but homes, life experiences and history are impossible to recover in some cases.

The land needs cleansed spiritually, and materially, but it's a hard thing for the people.

Thanks.

I hope this isn't a double post..
    #spring fire is also being used.

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

That's so hard for you and the people who are there. I'll be praying for them.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

I'll be praying, too. How far is this fire from Pueblo? My nephew just moved to a small town just outside of there last week.

It's about 60-70 miles south west of Pueblo. However, a fire erupted a few days ago just west of Pueblo on hwy 96 near the resevior. Ihr entire front range is on fire!

I lived in Colorado for over 30 years and have NEVER seen anything like this. Yes, an isolated fire here or there, bit not all at once, and never in the Huerfano area.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Ms. America
    It's about 60-70 miles south west of Pueblo. However, a fire erupted a few days ago just west of Pueblo on hwy 96 near the resevior. Ihr entire front range is on fire!
    Ok, thanks. I hope my nephew is paying attention!

The fire made it thru pass Creek Rd. That's where John Denver had his agricultural school. It's headed for Gardner, people evacuating. My granddaughter is going up to try and get her husband's grandmother out.

Everyone had the stupidity to wait for government orders :(

My daughter is a medical assistant and she is picking up her sons to head down to walsenburg to assist in relief efforts. With Badito under mandatory evac, there's only one way out of that valley.

Please, pray for rain. This fire so far is the largest in Colorado history, 95k acres and still growing.