The really kewl thing is that he will respond immediately. I remember back in the day reading a book about coming to Jesus. At the end of the book, it challenged the reader to even toss the book in a drawer. I made my request, and did exactly that. My life took a turn for the worse it seemed. Nothing went right, it was just horrible. So, I complained to my Christian neighbor, the one who loaned me the book, and she busted out into laughter. She explained that the evil one wasn't going to let me go without a fight. Naturally, I was blown away by that.

But, things did change. A year or so later, when things we're at their worst, circumstances forced me to move. I began to see evidence of God in action in my life. Trust me when I say I was NOT particularly religious. And I'm still not. But God has a way of ignoring religion, and doing what it takes to get one's attention. It was like a snow ball effect. The more I related to Him, the more he did in my life...it was amazing.

At some point a few years later, I stumbeled upon that book..you could hav3 knocked me over with a feather, so faithful is God to his word!

The point is, when a request for salvation is made, things aren't always hunky-dory right away. It doesn't mean God has abandoned you. He WILL allow the temptor to tempt you..the tests begin pretty quick! You learn a little, you're tested. If you pass that test, another begins, all to help you grow in trusting g God, and to learn that he hears you, so keep on praying, turning from evil, praising him in the storm.

It's pretty important to take care of babies as they grow up. Or, to find someone who can and will if you can't for some reason.

He never promised us a Rose garden without thorns. You will always have both, but you learn the weapons of your warfare and you put on your priestly attire.