Thread: Prayers for Nayla

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Default Prayers for Nayla

There is a ministry in New Orleans that goes out on Bourbon Street 3 times a week, every week of the year, to share the gospel of Jesus Christ. The following is a post from a girl I know that is with that ministry:

Please please please keep Nayla in your prayers. I stopped her as she was walking down Bourbon Street last night and asked her how I could pray for her. I then began to share the gospel of Jesus with her. While talking with her, the Lord spoke to me that she had been and/or is sexually, physically, and emotionally abused. As I continued to share with her the healing and restoring power that only comes from Jesus, several men would come up to her and say obscene things to her and touch her as they walked passed. I even had to tell some of the men to leave her alone and walk away. As the men would do this she had absolutely no reaction on her face. As if it were something that wasn’t out of the ordinary.

Then, a middle-aged woman came up behind her and said to her “Wrap it up.” When I heard the woman say that, I looked at Nayla and asked her, “Are you working right now?” She nodded. It turns out that she was prostituting herself and the middle-aged woman was her pimp! My heart broke deeply in that moment. I began to tell her that there is a way out of that lifestyle and that His name is Jesus. I also told her that my ministry and I would personally do whatever it takes to get her out of her situation. The whole time I was speaking with her, her face never changed. That same cold expression remained. It was as if sin had become such a major part of her life that she had become numb to everything, including the voice and presence of Jesus.

I pleaded with her to repent and surrender to Jesus, and warned her that her sin was going to separate her from Him if she dies in it. BUT JESUS can save her! That Jesus is in the business of healing, restoring, purifying, delivering, SAVING people and setting the captives FREE. That He was thinking of her as He hung, dying on the cross.

Through tears I began to pray for deliverance and healing in her life and that Jesus would do a miracle in her heart. I was able to exchange numbers with her and have reached out to her, but with no reply as of now.

God is bigger than ANY difficult or bad situation we could be in. And although Nayla walked away unrepentant in that moment, she stayed and listened. Despite all of those men trying things with her. Despite her pimp coming up to her and telling her to end the conversation. Despite all of that, she continued to listen to the saving power of Jesus Christ! And for that I rejoice and believe that God will change her heart and rescue her!

Sorry for such a long post, but I know the power that is in prayer! Please be praying for this precious girl. I am so thankful to God for His mercy and grace that He extends to all of us!

“so My word that comes from My mouth will not return to Me empty, but it will accomplish what I please and will prosper in what I send it to do."
    <Isaiah 55:11>

“For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.”
    <Ephesians 6:12>

IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

So sad...will be praying for Nayla...45 yrs ago in NYC I was Nayla....will pray for her everyday.

Prayers for the Lord to free her of that terrible life as He did the woman caught in adultery. (John 8:11)
    Proverbs 29:2, "...when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn."

Acts 4:12
    "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Hebrews 13:8
    , "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Revelation 3:11, "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Matthew 28:20, "...I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

Praying for her, grower that God will reach down and touch her heart totally rescuing her from that lifestyle. That she will be witness to the power of God to change lives, and go on to be a witness by her own life in ministry to others.

Prayers for Nayla. I can see from the picture that her heart is being touched. It may not be today, or tomorrow, but the words she's hearing will stay with her, and she will cling t9 them when the time comes.

The Lord told us that we should ask Him through prayer. But He also said that we must believe when we ask. So when we pray for this girl, believe she will come to the Lord.

Father, deliver this child from this life of misery. Provide her Light so that she may find her way ....

O.W.

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Thank you for the prayers, everyone.

A young friend of mine was not much different about 8 or 9 years ago. Members of that same ministry found her on Bourbon Street, going to work as a stripper. When they talked to her about Jesus, she listened. She asked Him to change her life, and he did. The head of the ministry legally adopted her, even though she was about 19-20 years old. She lived with his family, then got an apartment with my daughter. Even though there were some rocky spots, because she had a lot of emotional baggage, she grew in the Lord.

She went on to marry a young man from Texas. They now have a little boy named Elisha and are expecting their second child. They live in Texas near his family, where he is studying to be a nurse and she teaches piano. They go out together with his father to do street ministry.

She will tell you today that if Jesus had not come into her life there on Bourbon Street, she'd be dead by now.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

The really kewl thing is that he will respond immediately. I remember back in the day reading a book about coming to Jesus. At the end of the book, it challenged the reader to even toss the book in a drawer. I made my request, and did exactly that. My life took a turn for the worse it seemed. Nothing went right, it was just horrible. So, I complained to my Christian neighbor, the one who loaned me the book, and she busted out into laughter. She explained that the evil one wasn't going to let me go without a fight. Naturally, I was blown away by that.

But, things did change. A year or so later, when things we're at their worst, circumstances forced me to move. I began to see evidence of God in action in my life. Trust me when I say I was NOT particularly religious. And I'm still not. But God has a way of ignoring religion, and doing what it takes to get one's attention. It was like a snow ball effect. The more I related to Him, the more he did in my life...it was amazing.

At some point a few years later, I stumbeled upon that book..you could hav3 knocked me over with a feather, so faithful is God to his word!

The point is, when a request for salvation is made, things aren't always hunky-dory right away. It doesn't mean God has abandoned you. He WILL allow the temptor to tempt you..the tests begin pretty quick! You learn a little, you're tested. If you pass that test, another begins, all to help you grow in trusting g God, and to learn that he hears you, so keep on praying, turning from evil, praising him in the storm.

It's pretty important to take care of babies as they grow up. Or, to find someone who can and will if you can't for some reason.

He never promised us a Rose garden without thorns. You will always have both, but you learn the weapons of your warfare and you put on your priestly attire.