Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prayer request...

Default Prayer request...

I hesitate to post this, others have prayer needs much worse than mine, but hubby still hasn't found a job after applying for hundreds, he's at the age that a lot of engineers find themselves unemployable, but still too young to retire, plus he had a very specific skill set, although the whole point of being an engineer is being able to solve just about anything, and he can!
    Things have been getting really expensive lately, I HATE living here, power bill $421, water bill $316 (it's usually a hundred something) we had to use some of the retirement to buy a used van, our car died and was irreparable, and now the insurance is three times what it was and the van holds all the kids but it uses way more gas, too. We didn't know it would be that much more, we were just excited that we could all fit in the van at the same time, we used to have to make two trips, or two people would have to stay home. We put in $60 worth of gas, and after a few days of driving the kids around it needed $60 more! Our freezer died, we had to run out and get a new one before the food spoiled, it's just a real crap storm here.
    We're not out of retirement money, we're still OK, but we lost a source of income, actually all three sources of income, and everything financial just seems to be coming at us faster and faster, I really think it's spiritual warfare, to lose so much, have so many unexpected expenses, and have regular bills go up way higher than they used to be (our power bill is usually $350 this time of year, not sure why it went up so much!)
    So we're still good on money, we can pay all our bills, but I hate having all this money going out and none coming in, and it's scary how fast expenses are multiplying. Plus there's the tax penalty for using the retirement, and then the taxes themselves, we owed a ton this year. It's surreal.
    So money isn't really our need, God has provided, we're good to go there for awhile (although that "while" is getting shorter and shorter!)
    I'm just sort of shocked and astounded by how much is hitting us all at once, financially. At least financial troubles are the best kind to have, it could be something much much worse, right?
    I think we just need prayers for strength and patience and faith, and if something is keeping us from knowing God's will, from knowing what He wants us to do that we're missing and not doing, and maybe that's why we're getting pounded, to please show us, what job should he be looking, for, what career change does He wants us to make, what are we doing wrong, is He trying to guide us to something else, and we're not open to it? So I guess the main prayer is to know His will, and to recognize the opportunities He wants us to grasp, and ignore the ones that He doesn't want for us, and to hurry up and learn what He's trying to teach us, so things can go back to normal.
    I just really miss those days that had good news and positive things happening! I'm very thankful that things aren't worse, but I long for the days when they were better! A job offer, a lottery win, whatever, I just really long for some good news.
    I feel like we're being spiritually water boarded.
    Prayers and advice are appreciated!

Praying for you and your family.

It's difficult now, but God will bring good out of all that is happening.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by tygerkittn View Post
    I HATE living here
    Prayerfully consider whether God might be moving you elsewhere. If I were in your position, I would start looking at job possibilities in other places, praying for a door to open there, if God wants you to move. Take that big van and go for a "Sunday drive" -- you might find a run down farm house or something suitable for your family that would be a cheaper place to live, plus it would be a pleasant relief to get out with the family, stop to get something to drink, wade in a creek....all inexpensive stress-relievers.

But I'll be praying for you and your family, to find where you're supposed to be, to receive some word of encouragement from the Lord, and direction for your next step.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Quote Originally Posted by grower View Post
    Prayerfully consider whether God might be moving you elsewhere. If I were in your position, I would start looking at job possibilities in other places, praying for a door to open there, if God wants you to move. Take that big van and go for a "Sunday drive" -- you might find a run down farm house or something suitable for your family that would be a cheaper place to live, plus it would be a pleasant relief to get out with the family, stop to get something to drink, wade in a creek....all inexpensive stress-relievers.

But I'll be praying for you and your family, to find where you're supposed to be, to receive some word of encouragement from the Lord, and direction for your next step.
    I usually find the jobs, and then hubby applies for them, and I've looked all over Georgia and every non-liberal state.
    We even got excited about one job, it looked like he was a shoo-in, and drove around in the country looking at houses off zillow in that area, but he didn't get the job.
    I used to look at zillow all the time, but it started to feel like coveting.
    Our house is the biggest house in a bad neighborhood. It has a low value, we couldn't sell it for much, but would cost a fortune to buy one this size (or even close) anywhere else, and we have a lot of kids. We actually turned the dining room into a bedroom because the girls don't share rooms very well. (UNDERSTATEMENT!) The boys have always shared a room and never argued about anything. I honestly don't ever remember them fighting. The girls are...the opposite.
    It kinda feels like we're trapped here. It's kind of lonely to live in a neighborhood where no one speaks English. It's depressing to live where you can't see any stars at all (Atlanta is too bright, there are NO stars visible in the sky where we live. I miss them!)
    Thanks for the prayers! Maybe I'll check zillow again. Maybe there's something out there that would hold us all but costs less than this house is worth. I'd kill to live in the country!

A Prayer for your relief, that Father shows you the way to opportunity ....

O.W.

When God seems quiet, it's cuz he's busy working. Sometimes he has to reshuffel half the world to make things work just right for even a single person. Hang in there, and we'll be praying with you.

Thanks, y'all! I feel better! All prayers are much appreciated.

Come to Tennessee.

I was born in Atlanta, Ga., and went to grade school there. It's nothing like it used to be. I've raised my kids in Tennessee, and I wouldn't live anywhere else now.

Tennessee has no state income tax, all graduates from Tennessee high school (including homeschooled and private-schooled students) get 2 years of community college, tuition free.

PM me if you want a tour guide for your visit.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Laura19 is offline Tree of Liberty Supporter

God will provide, Tygerkittn. "I've never seen the righteous forsaken or their seed begging for bread". Hallelujah!

Grower, I knew about no state income tax in Tennessee, but not the community college. Wow, how does Tennessee do all that?

THE END ISN'T NEAR.........IT'S HERE

The problem is not global warming – it is moral cooling.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura19 View Post
    God will provide, Tygerkittn. "I've never seen the righteous forsaken or their seed begging for bread". Hallelujah!

Grower, I knew about no state income tax in Tennessee, but not the community college. Wow, how does Tennessee do all that?
    Tennessee PROMISE is the name of the program, and it's relatively new.

"The Tennessee Promise scholarships will be funded by $110 million from the state’s lottery reserves, along with a $47 million endowment created by the state General Assembly. Students are expected to receive an average scholarship of $971, in addition to existing aid from the state’s Hope Scholarship program. Students will also be required to maintain a 2.0 GPA and give 8 hours of community service per semester." http://republic3-0.com/tennessee-promise-free-community-college-for-all-students/