Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm need in prayer

Praying! Nicotine is a HARD one to kick. But with God, all things are possible! One day, one hour, one minute, and one cigarette at a time. When you get the urge to have a cigarette, get up, move around, tell yourself "if I still WANT one in 10 minutes, I'll take ONE puff", and then get busy. (also, ask God to take the urge away!!)

Some friends found that keeping carrot sticks ready to eat in the fridge really helped with the "needing something in the mouth" habits.

Also, get rid of EVERYTHING that supports your habit in the house. Ashtrays, lighters, cigarettes. If you absolutely must do this slowly, then keep ONE ashtray, one lighter, and figure out exactly what schedule you are going to use. Write it down... X number of cigarettes today, X-1 tomorrow, etc. And then keep ONLY enough cigarettes in the house to meet your goal.

Maybe if you have to physically go out and buy more, it will help you make the decision to not do it right then... and the longer you go, the better off you'll be.

Summerthyme

Got some news today, finally. I will be having surgery on Friday rro restore circulation to my foot. I am so relieved! It's changing color :(.
    They will do a die test to see where blockage is more accurately, and to see what it is they have to do. But I'm relieved knowing that something will be done soon. I was more worried about loosing my foot

PS...I was only paying 96 cents per pack for the cigs I was smoking. They were a cigar type item, and pretty strong. I did change to lights, roll your own, same cost but allows me to reduce in stages. I'll get those guts up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Ms. America View Post
    .... PS...I was only paying 96 cents per pack for the cigs I was smoking.
    I quit way back when ... switched immediately to toothpicks.

Much cheaper and without the addictive nicotine ... there are other hazards associated with them however.

Quittin got nuthin to do with guts Sis, ya gotta really really want to ... and be prepared to lose mediocre friends.

Maybe this can help, the next time you're about to light up a smoke know that you are about to deliberately ingest https://www.google.com/search?ei=Xs9....0.0gZpsIap18A

I pray that you not ever smoke another ... cigarette and that your procedure is successful in providing you relief and otherwise good health.

O.W.

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Good words, O.W.
    Got you in prayer this week, 1Ms.America.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Thank-you for prayers. Surgery is in the morning, I'm a bit nervous.

I survived. It's almost time to go home.

Good ... be careful with those toothpicks.

O.W.

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Take it easy 1M.A.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Praying you recover