Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A question of Faith

Laura19 is offline Tree of Liberty Supporter

Yes, absolutely.....but, it seems when a trial comes I usually get a sense of panic initially, full of fear, start marinating in all the "what if's, worse case scenarios"....and then calm down again, trusting and resting in Him.

Are you struggling with faith right now, HW?

THE END ISN'T NEAR.........IT'S HERE

The problem is not global warming – it is moral cooling.

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    A rather odd question HouseWolf ... why do you ask?

O.W.
    No response? Wonder what the true agenda is behind this thread? He starts a thread and avoids participating in it. Hmm....

Quote Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
    Wonder what the true agenda is behind this thread? He starts a thread and avoids participating in it. Hmm....
    An agenda? Perhaps.

Many here claim to embrace the Supernatural ... Father. And I don't doubt for a second that they do but consider the many topics that are discussed and the manner in which solutions or analysis are presented.

I abhor the "it's in God's hands", "It's God's Will" escape from responsibility cliches that the clergy controlled religion has ingrained in the minds of the flock ... control mechanisms.

That the question was asked might suggest a possible alternative answer which indicates a lack of faith and this might be the reason for the question. To encourage folks to run that self analysis, to place themselves in the Spiritual realm that Is Father.

Father Expects us to get up off of our duffs and fend for ourselves, righting what's wrong while pleading for Him to be our Shield.

We haven't attempted such for fear of failure, fear of drastic change ... but change is underway and our faith, both individually and collectively is lacking.

I don't believe the question is so much a solicitation as it is a prompt.

O.W.

An agenda? Perhaps.

Many here claim to embrace the Supernatural ... Father. And I don't doubt for a second that they do but consider the many topics that are discussed and the manner in which solutions or analysis are presented.

I abhor the "it's in God's hands", "It's God's Will" escape from responsibility cliches that the clergy controlled religion has ingrained in the minds of the flock ... control mechanisms.

That the question was asked might suggest a possible alternative answer which indicates a lack of faith and this might be the reason for the question. To encourage folks to run that self analysis, to place themselves in the Spiritual realm that Is Father.

Father Expects us to get up off of our duffs and fend for ourselves, righting what's wrong while pleading for Him to be our Shield.

We haven't attempted such for fear of failure, fear of drastic change ... but change is underway and our faith, both individually and collectively is lacking.

I don't believe the question is so much a solicitation as it is a prompt.

O.W.
    We really need a "like this post" button on this site.

A rather odd question HouseWolf ... why do you ask?
    I'm glad to see that you were able to answer the question YOU originally asked.

I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior in 2003. So, my answer is yes, though I struggle maybe a bit more that the average bear.

Encumbered by an engineer's logic, it took reading most of the Bible and months of analysis (I still have my notes somewhere ) before the light bulb would go off. That wasn't the most "painful" part of the start of my Journey, but that should be for another thread.