Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angry crowd after fatal police shooting-Chicago

Default Angry crowd after fatal police shooting-Chicago

Officials: Chaotic scene erupts with angry crowd after fatal police shooting in South Shore

© Scott Olson/Getty Images Police investigate the scene of a shooting on May 27, 2017 in Chicago, Illinois. Chicago police have added more than 1,000 officers to the streets over the Memorial Day weekend, hoping to put a dent in crime, during what is typically one of the more violent weekends of the year. In 2016, 6 people were killed and another 65 were wounded by gun violence over the Memorial Day weekend.A large crowd chanting "murderers" and some hurling bottles pushed back against Chicago police guarding the scene where a man was fatally shot by officers Saturday evening in the South Shore neighborhood.
    Paramedics responded to the 7100 block of South Chappel Avenue shortly after 5:30 p.m. and took the victim, an adult male, to Jackson Park Hospital, where he will be pronounced dead, said Larry Merritt, a fire department spokesman.
    No police officers were injured, said head police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi, who used 2098 E. 71st St. as the address of the shooting.
    The incident began when patrol officers on foot saw a man exhibiting characteristics of an armed person.
    "He looked like he may have something on him," Guglielmi said. "They go to question him and at that point a confrontation ensues and he is shot."
    The man, who was armed, was taken to an area hospital where he died, Guglielmi said.
    About 7:30 p.m., a chaotic scene unfolded as more than 100 people cordoned off behind a police tape began chanting: "Murderers!" as they pushed, flipped police off, and threw bottles. As officers dealt with the crowd, pushing back, some of them pulled out their batons, and held them horizontally.
    One man suspected of throwing bottles was arrested, Guglielmi said.
    "There were some members of the community who were upset," Guglielmi said. "This is a tragic situation, where an individual lost his life."
    Officers on the scene began working with the crowd, many of whom had "a false sense of what occurred," Guglielmi said. "There was a lot of bad information out there. We have cops out there, community affairs officers, trying to give them as much information as we can."
    As of 8:40 p.m. the crowd remained.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/of...cid=spartandhp

(It should also be mentioned that one day this past week in a 24 hour period 6 people were shot dead, and 10 wounded-no riots ensued.-Me)

Wise Men Still Seek Him

Six hours from late Friday into early Saturday morning in gun-controlled Chicago witnessed one person shot and killed and ten others wounded.
    The Chicago Tribune reports that the six-hour time period began around 11:15 p.m., “when three people walked up to a 26-year-old man walking in the 5500 block of West Corcoran Place” and one of the three opened fire. The man was hit multiple times and taken to the hospital in serious condition.

At 11:20 p.m. a 22-year-old man was shot while sitting in a car. He drove to a service station to get help but succumbed to his wounds.

About 12:35 a.m. Saturday a 20-year-old walking in Lawndale was shot in the leg.

At about 1:45 a.m. a 61-year-old was shot while “walking on the 100 block of South Waller Avenue.”

At 2:10 a.m a 46-year-old man was shot by someone in a passing car, and shortly after 2:30 a.m. an 18-year-old was shot in the arm while driving in Bridgeport.

This violence comes in the wake of a 24-hour time period Wednesday to Thursday in which six were shot fatally and ten others were wounded.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ed-10-wounded/

Boy, those Chicagoians sure have something to be angry over. No, wait...….they are angry because "a cop shot an armed suspect" And remember they want the violence to stop!
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

The Leftards don't want to think about it but black on black murders are the highest. 90% of the murders, per the FBI, are young black men...and mostly blacks killing them. Eve Baltimore's past mayor, Rawlings-Blake, pleaded with blacks to stop killing each other. They won't stop. It's a black problem and in the USA it's partly caused by the welfare system.

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post

Six hours from late Friday into early Saturday morning in gun-controlled Chicago witnessed one person shot and killed and ten others wounded.
    The Chicago Tribune reports that the six-hour time period began around 11:15 p.m., “when three people walked up to a 26-year-old man walking in the 5500 block of West Corcoran Place” and one of the three opened fire. The man was hit multiple times and taken to the hospital in serious condition.

At 11:20 p.m. a 22-year-old man was shot while sitting in a car. He drove to a service station to get help but succumbed to his wounds.

About 12:35 a.m. Saturday a 20-year-old walking in Lawndale was shot in the leg.

At about 1:45 a.m. a 61-year-old was shot while “walking on the 100 block of South Waller Avenue.”

At 2:10 a.m a 46-year-old man was shot by someone in a passing car, and shortly after 2:30 a.m. an 18-year-old was shot in the arm while driving in Bridgeport.

This violence comes in the wake of a 24-hour time period Wednesday to Thursday in which six were shot fatally and ten others were wounded.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ed-10-wounded/

Boy, those Chicagoians sure have something to be angry over. No, wait...….they are angry because "a cop shot an armed suspect" And remember they want the violence to stop!

....The incident began when patrol officers on foot saw a man exhibiting characteristics of an armed person.
    Exhibiting characteristics? What sort of "characteristics"? Something only a keen, well trained eye can detect?

I'm not suggesting this fella didn't need shooting but that today's newsprint is poorly presented and absent of essential details.

New Yorkers enjoy the "stop 'n frisk", Has Chicago implemented the "stop 'n shoot"?

O.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    Exhibiting characteristics? What sort of "characteristics"? Something only a keen, well trained eye can detect?

I'm not suggesting this fella didn't need shooting but that today's newsprint is poorly presented and absent of essential details.

New Yorkers enjoy the "stop 'n frisk", Has Chicago implemented the "stop 'n shoot"?

O.W.
    Yeah maybe a little poetic journalism there. AND ya know Chicago is a gun free zone, but not a shoot free zone, so.....

Anyway, as it turns out, the guy, who seems to be a local barber, resisted detainment by fighting off officers, and then it appeared he was going for a gun, which he did have, so a female officer shot him.

Locals at the protest were saying he had a CCW which was incorrect.

Ya know he was somebodies son, and he cut hair so why they shoot 'im? Resisting arrest and going for a gun had nothing to do with it. If he played basketball, it was a triple wammy on the cops.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Yeah maybe a little poetic journalism there. AND ya know Chicago is a gun free zone, but not a shoot free zone, so.....

Anyway, as it turns out, the guy, who seems to be a local barber, resisted detainment by fighting off officers, and then it appeared he was going for a gun, which he did have, so a female officer shot him.

Locals at the protest were saying he had a CCW which was incorrect.

Ya know he was somebodies son, and he cut hair so why they shoot 'im? Resisting arrest and going for a gun had nothing to do with it. If he played basketball, it was a triple wammy on the cops.

I 'spect folk is tired of being harassed by pohleeces ... fed up.

Whether he had the goobermint's permission to be armed is irrelevant ... well, except in Chicago (and the rest of us are apparently ok with this) was this fella, aside from being a negro with a gun, committing any OTHER crime?

I have no particular empathy for scumbags black, white, pink or in stripes ... $h!t is out of control and wee set up on our high fence posts critical of others without the benefit of the absolute truth.

And howze the swamp draining coming?

Ya know, prior to the war of northern aggression, things were far from perfect but were going fairly well ... then, whoever was pulling Lincoln's strings decided "time to break this up" and wallah (that's voila for you Frenchies) a war betwixt the peepses.
    And to ensure the disintegration there was a provision to release all the negro slaves into the population ... now who thought this might be a real good idea.

And here today we have unchecked immigration thank's to goobermint's handout of boatloads of free $h!t to non taxpaying individuals, many who are fourth, fifth generation welfare recipients.

The out of control Negro ain't the problem ... our gottdamn out of control goobermint is the problem and wee continue cheer them on.

Well. wee're just about to get our just desserts ....

Anybody remember this:

This is the kinda thing the Negro peepses are very unhappy about and it pisses me off as well ....

O.W.

I guess it's me because I don't understand the reasoning behid this outburst.

Blacks shoot each other all day long in Chicago but only when it's a cop involved all hell breaks loose?

And the suspect had a gun on him. He wasn't a CCP holder.

ETA:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-protests.html
    REVEALED: Police body cam shows man shot dead by a Chicago police officer was armed with a GUN, as his death sparks violent clashes with cops and protesters in the city's South Shore
    Video of the fatal police shooting of a man in Chicago, which sparked violent protests Saturday, shows that he had a gun on him
    Chicago police say Harith Augustus, 37, was in a confrontation with police, and he appeared to have a gun on him
    He was shot and killed by officer who believed he was reaching for his weapon
    The footage, captured on police body camera, won't be released for 60 days
    Augustus worked as a barber in the area he was shot, and has one child
    The shooting Saturday evening sparked violent protests in the city's South Side
    Four people were arrested, and some officers were injured from rocks and bottles, some filled with urine, being thrown

By Jessica Finn For Dailymail.com and Associated Press Published: 14:24 EDT, 15 July 2018 | Updated: 14:58 EDT, 15 July 2018
    Remember the Prepper's Motto: "Panic early and avoid the rush!"
    Everything I post is Fiction and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.
    88 = Heil Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by BugoutBear View Post

Blacks shoot each other all day long in Chicago but only when it's a cop involved all hell breaks loose?

ETA:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-protests.html
    REVEALED: Police body cam shows man shot dead by a Chicago police officer was armed with a GUN, as his death sparks violent clashes with cops and protesters in the city's South Shore
    Video of the fatal police shooting of a man in Chicago, which sparked violent protests Saturday, shows that he had a gun on him
    Chicago police say Harith Augustus, 37, was in a confrontation with police, and he appeared to have a gun on him
    Augustus worked as a barber in the area he was shot, and has one child
    The shooting Saturday evening sparked violent protests in the city's South Side
    Four people were arrested, and some officers were injured from rocks and bottles, some filled with urine, being thrown

By Jessica Finn For Dailymail.com and Associated Press Published: 14:24 EDT, 15 July 2018 | Updated: 14:58 EDT, 15 July 2018
    It doesn't matter, its an opportunity to destroy.

Quote Originally Posted by BugoutBear View Post

There's a considerable difference between shooting someone cuz you got a grievance and shooting someone cuz you can, you enjoy it, it's what you're trained to do and why miss an opportunity to employ that training ... AND YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH MURDER!

A staunch "God's Given Rights" (aka the 2A) advocate perhaps.

REVEALED: Police body cam shows ....
    Shows what? Where is it?

All things considered 60 days seems ... excessive.

Believed? Was he or wasn't he drawing a weapon? It's very simple really, he was or he wasn't.An occifer "believed" this young fella was up to no good as well ....

O.W.

"Nobody can shoot my brother but me..."
    Remember the Prepper's Motto: "Panic early and avoid the rush!"
    Everything I post is Fiction and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.
    88 = Heil Hitler