Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to Boycott the NFL again...

Default Time to Boycott the NFL again...

Anybody here agree to boycott the NFL again this year?

NFL preseason sees kneeling, raised fists, during national anthem

Nicole Darrah
    5-7 minutes

Wide receivers Kenny Stills and Albert Wilson, both of the Miami Dolphins, kneeled during The Star-Spangled Banner, ahead of their game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Thursday night. (AP Photo)

NFL players continued to protest the national anthem on Thursday night as the league began its 2018 preseason games.
    Some players held their fists in the air, while others decided to kneel, despite the controversy surrounding the action.

Wide receivers Kenny Stills and Albert Wilson, both of the Miami Dolphins, kneeled during The Star-Spangled Banner, ahead of their game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Miami Herald reported.
    Robert Quinn, a defensive end for the Dolphins, raised his fist. Philadelphia Eagles Malcolm Jenkins, who plays safety, and De'Vante Bausby, a cornerback, also raised their fists, according to The Philadelphia Enquirer.
    Defensive end Michael Bennett walked out of the tunnel as the anthem played and "spent the anthem walking toward the bench," the news outlet reported. Teammate Chris Long reportedly "placed his arm around Jenkins' shoulder" during the song.
    Across the NFL, players followed former 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick in kneeling during the national anthem last season in protest of social injustice and racial inequality.
    It sparked a national discussion about patriotism, and drew sharp vitriol from President Trump, who condemned those who kneeled as disrespectful to America.

Miami Dolphins defensive end Robert Quinn raises his right fist during the singing of the national anthem, before the team's NFL preseason football game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Thursday, Aug. 9, 2018, in Miami Gardens, Florida. (AP Photo/Wilfredo Lee)

Trump in June uninvited the Eagles from visiting the White House in honor of their Super Bowl win months earlier. He said the team didn't agree with his belief that NFL players should stand during the anthem.
    TRUMP TACKLES THE NFL AND NATIONAL ANTHEM: A TIMELINE
    The NFL modified its national anthem protocol in May, prohibiting any sort of demonstrations for the 2018 season, but allowing players to remain in the locker room during the anthem if they chose to. Individual teams would be responsible for disciplining any demonstrators.
    The players' union filed a grievance about the policy change, and late last month, the new policy was put on hold while the NFL and NFL Players Association work on a resolution.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/09...al-anthem.html

I wrote them off already.....
    "At that time there shall arise Michael, the great prince, guardian of your people; It shall be a time unsurpassed in distress since nations began until that time." (Dn 12:1)

www.call2holiness.org/iniquity.htm

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadonMe7 View Post
    Anybody here agree to boycott the NFL again this year?
    Again? ... still.

Mox nix, don't watch no tee vee here nohow.

O.W.

what oscar said...............................

? would they still be playing if paid minimum wage...................................not

LOL, they can do what they want, and I'll be glad to never go back.
    I don't even watch the scores when the News has them up.

Rhodie
    I have seen the Elephant, War and Worse,
    I do not love it
    Nor do I fear it.
    I just dread what it can do to my country.

Duty, HONOR, Country.
    If you have to ask, you will never Know.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    John F Kennedy

The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves.
    George Washington

'Forged in a fire lit long ago. Stand next to me, you'll never stand alone.'

Since giving up watching......... the time formerly spent as a passive zombie is now used for active pursuits not involving fake drama competitions between retarded millionaires.

Wonder why the protestors weren't protesting during the off season? On their own time, and dime.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Wise Men Still Seek Him

I stopped watching 3 years ago, and have no intention of starting back.
    Proud Patriot Guard Rider
    www.patriotguard.org

The NFL's been dead to me for a very long time.
    Remember the Prepper's Motto: "Panic early and avoid the rush!"
    Everything I post is Fiction and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.
    88 = Heil Hitler