Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: World War III Warning Thread weeks of 9/11/18 - 9/24/18

Russian fighter jets intercept U.S. F-22 Raptor flying over Syria

Sep 24, 2018
    in Aviation, News
    Defence Blog

A Su-35S air-superiority fighter jet of Russia’s Aerospace Force has intercepted and visually identified the U.S. F-22 Raptor Raptor combat aircraft flying over Syria.

A photographs posted by unofficial Russia’s military pilot Instagram account on 24 September has confirmed an intercept of the U.S. F-22 Raptor Raptor combat aircraft by the Russian Su-35S fighter jet.

Photographs, made by the infrared search and track fire control system of the Russian Su-35S, shows in infrared spectrum an F-22 Raptor fighter jet flying over Syria.

The Su-35S infrared search and track system called the OLS-35 and includes an infrared sensor, laser rangefinder, target designator and television camera. This system to determine the general position of aircraft within a fifty-kilometer radius—potentially quite useful for detecting stealth aircraft, such as F-22, at shorter ranges.

The systems scans the airspace ahead of the jet for heat signatures caused by aircraft engines and/or plane’s surface friction caused by the aircraft flying through the air.

According to the Deagel.com, OLS-35 comprises a heat-seeker, a laser rangefinder/designator with new algorithms and advanced software to outperform its predecessor installed on the Su-27/Su-30 aircraft family. The Su-35 IRST is superior to the OEPS-27 in terms of range, precision and reliability.

But, the Su-35’s infrared search and track system (IRST) does not represent a panacea solution against stealth aircraft.

The OLS-35, like and other IRST, does not provide target quality track data for weapons employment. For example, if a Russian Su-35 fighter jet detected an approaching forward aspect F-22, the Russian pilot could not directly utilize the IRST data to direct semi-active, active, or passive homing missiles; laser illumination capabilities are generally a means to guide air-to-ground munitions rather than air-to-air missiles.

https://defence-blog.com/news/russia...ver-syria.html
    Revelation 14:7
    Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
    "not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.”

Kremlin: Putin and Netanyahu discuss S-300 deployment in Syria
    Reuters|Published: 09.24.18 , 18:29
    The Kremlin said on Monday that Russian President Vladimir Putin and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had spoken over the phone about the deployment of the Russian S-300 anti-aircraft missile system in Syria.

Putin told Netanyahu that Russia's actions were aimed at protecting its military, according to the Kremlin statement.https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,...357195,00.html
    Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Iran warns US Israel to expect a "devastating" revenge
    Reuters|Published: 09.24.18 , 09:18
    The deputy head of Iran's Revolutionary Guards warned US and Israeli leaders on Monday to expect a "devastating" response from Iran, accusing them of involvement in Saturday's attack on a military parade in the city of Ahvaz that killed 25 people.

"You have seen our revenge before ... You will see that our response will be crushing and devastating and you will regret what you have done," Hossein Salami said in a speech before the funeral of the victims in Ahvaz, broadcast live on the state television. https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,...356967,00.html

Report: Russia provided Syria with electronic warfare systems
    Daniel Salami|Published: 09.25.18 , 11:57
    According to the Hezbollah-affiliated Al Mayadeen news channel, Russia provided Syria with electronic warfare systems meant to disrupt satellite communication over Syria's shores.

This move comes after relations have heated between Moscow and Jerusalem amid the downing of the Russian spy plane by Syrian fire attempting to intercept an Israeli attack on Latakia. https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,...357761,00.html

Iran video threatens missile strikes on UAE, Saudi Arabia
    AP|Published: 09.25.18 , 11:43
    A semi-official news agency in Iran believed to be close to the country's hard-line Revolutionary Guard has published a video threatening the capitals of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates with missile attacks.

The Fars news agency tweeted and then later deleted the video on Tuesday, just days after the weekend attack on an Iranian military parade that killed at least 25 people and wounded over 60.

The video shows file footage of previous ballistic missile attacks by the Guard, then shows a graphic of a sniper rifle scope homing in on UAE's capital, Abu Dhabi, and also on Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The video also threatens Israel.

Iranian officials have blamed regional Sunni Arab countries for backing the Arab separatists they say carried out Saturday's attack in Ahvaz. https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,...357751,00.html

Security Cabinet convenes to discuss Russia crisis
    Moran Azulay|Published: 09.25.18 , 10:38
    The Security Cabinet is convening Tuesday at the Prime Minister's Office to discuss the raised tensions between Israel and Russia due its announcement it would supply Syria with the S-300 ant-missile system.

Later, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will depart for New York to attend the UN General Assembly. https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,...357670,00.html