Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What, or Who, is a Christian?

Default What, or Who, is a Christian?

The Random House Dictionary has the following definition: adj. 1. of or derived from Jesus Christ or His teachings. 2. of or adhering to the religion based on the teachings of Jesus Christ....

Can those who do not agree, nor follow, Jesus' teachings, call themselves Christains?

People 'say' a lot of stuff, but this is where the rubber meets the road.

1Jn 2:6 He that says he abides in Him is indebted himself also so to walk, even as He walked.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Wheat and tares. Sheep, and goats. Only Elohim knows for sure who's what. But to answer your question I'd say that I think a person could not agree with everything Yeshua taught and still be a christian. However as they are progressively sanctified over the course of their life they would come more and more into agreement with Him. Now with not following... to me that would be a little easier to judge (Matt 7:16-23).

I especially agree with Him where He says in Matt 5:17 that He wasn't going to abolish the Law and the prophets(i.e. the old testament). He did not abolish them, and He did fulfill(complete) them. And I also agree with Him in verse 18 that not the smallest stroke or letter would pass away from the Law( hmmm, in this verse He mentions only the Law) until all is accomplished.

When He said,"It is finished" He had fulfilled the scriptures,and accomplished every stroke,and letter of the Law on our behalf. Now the Law is still in the scriptures (2 Tim 3:16) and it still teaches what sin is, and reminds us of what terrible sinners we are, and how much we need the Saviour. So Yeshua was true to His word,and He did not destroy the Law of the old covenant. He completed it so that we could move into the new covenant (Hebrews 8:7-13).
    What will you say on judgment day?

The bankers win every war.

When growing food is outlawed I'll BE an outlaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah Gunn View Post
    Wheat and tares. Sheep, and goats. Only Elohim knows for sure who's what. But to answer your question I'd say that I think a person could not agree with everything Yeshua taught and still be a christian. However as they are progressively sanctified over the course of their life they would come more and more into agreement with Him. Now with not following... to me that would be a little easier to judge (Matt 7:16-23).

I especially agree with Him where He says in Matt 5:17 that He wasn't going to abolish the Law and the prophets(i.e. the old testament). He did not abolish them, and He did fulfill(complete) them. And I also agree with Him in verse 18 that not the smallest stroke or letter would pass away from the Law( hmmm, in this verse He mentions only the Law) until all is accomplished.

When He said,"It is finished" He had fulfilled the scriptures,and accomplished every stroke,and letter of the Law on our behalf. Now the Law is still in the scriptures (2 Tim 3:16) and it still teaches what sin is, and reminds us of what terrible sinners we are, and how much we need the Saviour. So Yeshua was true to His word,and He did not destroy the Law of the old covenant. He completed it so that we could move into the new covenant (Hebrews 8:7-13).
    One of Jesus' sayings was Matthew 23:2-3, which, according to some should be understood as: "The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: ALL THEREFORE THAT HE BIDS YOU OBSERVE, that observe and do, but do not after their works for they say, and do not."

Actually, God's Law will be in effect until ALL are doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    People 'say' a lot of stuff, but this is where the rubber meets the road.

1Jn 2:6 He that says he abides in Him is indebted himself also so to walk, even as He walked.
    We definitely ought to walk in obedience to YHWH's commands!

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    We definitely ought to walk in obedience to YHWH's commands!
    There will only be two sides to this coming, prophetic word. The right side, or the wrong side.

Isa 24:1 BEHOLD, Yahuah makes the earth empty, and makes it waste, and turns it upside down, and scatters abroad the inhabitants thereof.
    Isa 24:2 And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his adoniy; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.
    Isa 24:3 The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for Yahuah has spoken this word.
    Isa 24:4 The earth mourns and fades away, the world languishes and fades away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.
    Isa 24:5 The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the Torah, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.

In like manner -

Isa 66:22 For as the renewed heavens and the renewed earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, says Yahuah, so shall your seed and your name remain.
    Isa 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from New Moon to his New Moon, and from Shabbath to his Shabbath, shall all flesh come to worship before me, says Yahuah.
    Isa 66:24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    There will only be two sides to this coming, prophetic word. The right side, or the wrong side.

Isa 24:1 BEHOLD, Yahuah makes the earth empty, and makes it waste, and turns it upside down, and scatters abroad the inhabitants thereof.
    Isa 24:2 And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his adoniy; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.
    Isa 24:3 The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for Yahuah has spoken this word.
    Isa 24:4 The earth mourns and fades away, the world languishes and fades away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.
    Isa 24:5 The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the Torah, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.

In like manner -

Isa 66:22 For as the renewed heavens and the renewed earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, says Yahuah, so shall your seed and your name remain.
    Isa 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from New Moon to his New Moon, and from Shabbath to his Shabbath, shall all flesh come to worship before me, says Yahuah.
    Isa 66:24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.
    So, you're saying, either we're with the Son of God, or against Him? Seems like He said something similar!

As a non Christian if someone believes that Jesus was born of a virgin, walked on water and rose from the dead, they're a Christian. Whether they act like a Christian is something else.
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    One of Jesus' sayings was Matthew 23:2-3, which, according to some should be understood as: "The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: ALL THEREFORE THAT HE BIDS YOU OBSERVE, that observe and do, but do not after their works for they say, and do not."

Actually, God's Law will be in effect until ALL are doing it.
    So, Jesus taught that we should do all that Moses said we should do, correct? Then, He followed that up with.....teach all nations to do whatsoever He had commanded His disciples, one of which was to DO all that Moses said to do.

Therefore, a "Christian", one who agrees with, and follows, all that Jesus taught, should still be teaching others to keep the commands that Moses commanded. Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Bezukhov View Post
    As a non Christian if someone believes that Jesus was born of a virgin, walked on water and rose from the dead, they're a Christian. Whether they act like a Christian is something else.
    Are demons Christain, Bezukhov? They believe and shudder, according to scripture.