Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nikki Haley to leave position by the end of the year...

Quote Originally Posted by Laura19 View Post
    Yeah, already said that, see above.

I don't know why, but I have never liked her. Long ago, not just since 2016. My very liberal niece, major Trump hater, who lives in S. Carolina always liked her and that was a red flag for me
    Oops, you sure did Laura. I apologize for missing that.

Icom IC-7800

Maybe Amb. Haley wanted to get out before... what she thinks is coming.

Ivanka would love the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    Perceptive.

Once the arrests begin it will be difficult for all the political class operatives, on both sides.
    The trials and imprisonments will be worse. But it has to be done. Traitors need to be removed and punished.

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?
    Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

Patrick Henry

Haley said she and Trump had planned this 6 months ago and kept it a secret somehow.

Icom IC-7800

The replacement will likely have ties to Goldman Sachs.

It is nice that she's not leaving from being fired or under some cloud of scandal like so many of the others.

This proves you just believe anything the MSM says..

Ivanka has made it clear she doesn't want the job...

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    "You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."
    John Buchan, 1st Baron Tweedsmuir of Enfield (1875-1940): Author and Diplomat

Poll suggests Haley could be formidable challenger to Trump

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/10/nikki-haley-president-2020-892058

By ELIANA JOHNSON
    10/10/2018 10:43 PM EDT

A conservative anti-Trump organization has good news for Nikki Haley’s 2020 presidential aspirations — even if she professes not to have them.

Haley is the strongest potential primary challenger to President Donald Trump, according to a poll funded by the group Defend Democracy Together.

The survey, which polled likely Republican caucus-goers in Iowa as well as Republican primary voters in New Hampshire, found that nearly half — 47 percent — would consider another option to Trump in 2020. Of those polled, Haley topped the list among the probable early state voters, with 52 percent saying they were open to considering her as an alternative to Trump. The U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, who announced on Tuesday that she is resigning her position at the end of the year, also had the smallest percentage of respondents — 40 percent — say they would not consider her at all.

Haley was among a small group of potential candidates who received support both from voters with concerns about Trump, as well as those who scored Trump highly on job approval.
    “That would make her a formidable candidate,” said Matt Kalmans, the co-founder of Applecart, the firm that conducted the poll.

Both Applecart and a spokesman for Defend Democracy Together declined to provide the names of the other potential 2020 primary challenges they polled, but Kalmans said Haley was the only candidate a majority of respondents said they would consider supporting as a Trump alternative. Applecart’s survey was conducted Sept. 18-23, before Haley announced her resignation. The firm reached approximately 1,200 likely Iowa caucus-goers and approximately 1,200 Republican and nonaffiliated New Hampshire primary voters by phone, and the results carry a 2.8 percent margin of error.

While Haley’s resignation sparked speculation about another run for office, the former South Carolina governor said definitively in her resignation letter and again in the Oval Office on Tuesday that she will not be a candidate for political office in 2020.

“No, I'm not running for 2020,” Haley told reporters while sitting next to Trump. “I look forward to supporting the president in the next election.”