Thread: Bible In Chronological Order

Default Bible In Chronological Order

I've been reading the New Testament in the order it happened. Has anyone else done so? I'm wondering if this can be helpful? Is it a waste of time to pick that order? I'm considering reading the whole Bible this way next year and taking notes as I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Hpwillis View Post
    I've been reading the New Testament in the order it happened. Has anyone else done so? I'm wondering if this can be helpful? Is it a waste of time to pick that order? I'm considering reading the whole Bible this way next year and taking notes as I go.
    If you want to put out the money, there is already a "Bible" that does that, called the "Chronological Bible". Just saying. It might make for some interesting, reading and study, but for use all the time, might get confusing.

A couple of for instances: the first verse in that Bible is John 1: 1, then Gen. 1: 1. At the end of Gen 10, (The Table of Nations) it jumps to Job, or maybe it's 11, anyway then it comes back to Gen.

Some of the historical books are broken up that way too, since the prophets, did their thing during the reign of certain Kings.

Anyway that's not to say undertaking the task on your own, and making your own notations, wouldn't be fun. You also might consider making historical notations about kingdoms other than Israel, because they did exist, and did things. For instance the movie The 300 is about the Spartans fighting the Assyrians, the leader of the Assyrians was Esther's husband. The Rise of the Roman Empire during the 400 silent years between the Old and New. With the sudden death of Alexander the demise of the Greek is broken into the 3 generals and one plays a big part in the book of Daniel.

Just saying have fun. Doing your task will bring you a more relevant knowledge of times, and what the Bible says about those times. It will also give you more relevant knowledge about our times. Because the Bible says more about our time, than any other time in history.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him