Thread: Is It Okay To Celebrate Halloween?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I pretty much agree with the earlier posts. Just going to share something local that surprised me.

In the mayor's announcement that Beggar's Night would be on Wednesday, October 31, instead of our years' long tradition of the Thursday before the 31st, he also told the uninformed (like me) that this is because our little town is now part of MORPC, and their recommendation for all member communities is to have the little kiddies out going door-to-door on Halloween night.

Maybe I've had the tin foil hat off for too long and some crazy's getting in here, but I can't help wondering which member(s) of MORPC are the witches or satanists that want all the children in the region active and costumed on that, their night of nights. Also thinking children whose parents let them out on that night are more vulnerable to any chanting, cursing, and conjuring that is focused their way.

But it's probably nothing like that. MORPC folk are probably all good Christians and this is just a coincidence. More of life turns out that way than not, I'm learning. Still can't stop thinking it, though.

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us. -- I John 4:18-19

Whoever derides their neighbor has no sense, but the one who has understanding holds their tongue. -- Proverbs 11:12.

If you’re concerned that Christmas has become too commercialized and far away from its original intent, you cannot possibly think Halloween isn’t in the same boat.
    "So you're saying that accepting gambling tips from the Devil could have a downside?"

You mean "Witnessing Day", when we dress up and hand out treat bags filled with candy, toys and Bible tracts to children who come to our door? Some of the candy has Bible verses on it, and so do some of the little toys.
    It's a great day, we hope to hand out at least 70. Some years we've gone over 100.

Some people are determined to bleed all the fun out of the world and make sure that everything is serious all the time. Have at it, I guess. I enjoy Halloween.

Well ... sure.

Just don't be doin no spooky stuff.

O.W.

Sure it is OK. Why be such a sour puss about it? Wow I sure hate to think the world is made up of so many that hate such things as having a fun time at this time of year. WOW what bad taste that is to some that just want to have some fun at times. I even had my horse in the house one time and had bags of candy strapped on his back. The kids sure got a huge treat and a SMILE on the faces when the left. Don't be a party pooper some of you have fun once in awhile. Geesh.

I just wrote a tract to hand out for this time of the year, to Christians who celebrate it.

Why Do Christians Celebrate Halloween?

Can we agree that halloween is an evil day?

This should be obvious to born again bible believing Christians. But today, many Christians, even most Pastors, celebrate halloween in some form or another.

They claim that they are not celebrating evil but countering it with good activities like trunk or treat, and the like.

Former and deceased pastor David J Meyer, stated in his halloween tract, “Halloween and the Forces of Darkness”:

“Halloween is the most important of the eight sabats in witchcraft and is known to the witches by the Scotch-Gaelic word “Samhain”,”.....”It is believed that on that night, the barrier between this world and the next, known as the astral plane, becomes very thin.”
    Shouldn't we be praying against such things, instead of joining in on it?

Not convinced yet?

Psalm 101:3, “I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.”
    If we are not to set anything wicked before our eyes, wouldn't that also include giving place to halloween?

Can you make something evil, good?

Romans 3:8, “And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just.”
    According to this verse, absolutely not.

This verse also goes on to conclude that those who do such, bring damnation upon themselves!

Ok, but what about dressing up as a 'good' witch?

Deuteronomy 18:10-12,
    “10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
    11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
    12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.”
    No where does God distinguish between a 'good' witch and a 'bad' witch. All witches are an abomination to God.

Here is a list of some works associated with witchcraft and halloween, that can damn the soul:

Galatians 5:19-21, “Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry,witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
    Since halloween is evil, and can not be made good: What does it mean to take something evil and try to make it good?

Isaiah 5:20, “Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!”
    Look out!

Brothers and Sisters, we shouldn't be messing around with anything to do with Halloween.

Steer clear of it for your souls' sake.
    Proverbs 29:2, "...when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn."

Acts 4:12
    "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Hebrews 13:8
    , "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Revelation 3:11, "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Matthew 28:20, "...I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

Demons can only temp us, unless we invite them in.....e.g. via oujia boards, Harry Potter, etc.

Via John Leary - yet to be approved by the Church

October 18, 2018:
    Jesus said: “My people, every year you are seeing more focus on glorifying Halloween costumes, pumpkins, and even the emphasis on the day of evil demons and scary costumes. Have your children avoid evil looking costumes, and only give glory to Me, and not the day for the demons. When you glorify evil, you are inviting the evil spirits to have reign over you. Instead, glorify Me over the demons who have little power against Me. Do not let people bring evil over you on this day before All Saints Day. By loving Me and following My laws, you can put aside all the distractions of the devil.”

www.johnleary.com
    "At that time there shall arise Michael, the great prince, guardian of your people; It shall be a time unsurpassed in distress since nations began until that time." (Dn 12:1)

www.call2holiness.org/iniquity.htm

Here are some suggestions.
    Satire

Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/