Thread: Angel's Awesome Buffalo Wings

Default Angel's Awesome Buffalo Wings

Angel's Awesome Buffalo Wings

4-5 lbs fresh chicken wings, disjointed (reserve wing tips for stock making)
    Tony Chachere's Cajun seasoning.
    peanut oil

Sauce:
    1 stick + 2 Tbsp butter (no substitute)
    1 cup Frank's Red Hot cayenne hot pepper sauce (no substitute)
    Melt butter with hot sauce. Whisk to combine and keep warm while frying wings. Stir occasionally to keep from separating.

Pour 3-4 inches of peanut oil in a large heavy deep pot (I use a cast iron dutch oven). Heat to 350F. Dry wing pieces and lay on paper toweling. Sprinkle liberally on both sides with Tony Chachere's cajun seasoning. Fry wings in small batches until crisp, about 12 minutes. Remove from oil and keep warm in a bowl in a 200F oven until all are done. Pour sauce over wings and toss to coat all wings.

Serve with bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks and LOTS of napkins. Careful.....these are addictive!

Bleu cheese dressing for wings

3/4 cups mayo
    3/4 cups sour cream
    1 cup crumbled bleu cheese
    2 chopped green onions
    1 clove garlic, minced
    2 Tbsp lemon juice
    salt and pepper to taste
    mix mayo, sour cream, onions, garlic, and lemon juice until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste and mix again. Stir in bleu cheese and refrigerate 2 hours to let flavors marry.
    This is pretty thick for use with wings. If you want to make it dressing for a salad, just thin to desired consistency with a little buttermilk.
    "There was one of two things I had a right to – liberty, or death.
    If I could not have one I would have the other; for no man should take me alive."
    Harriet Tubman

"The President eats dirt and excrement for his daily meals, likes it and tries to force it on The States."
    Walt Whitman

"The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who, in time of moral crisis, maintain their neutrality" Dante "The Inferno"

Angel, Your wings look positively devilishous! I know my hubby will love them. AL