Thread: Got the call.

Default Got the call.

I received the call this morning that one of my old buddies had punched his X dot out last night.
    It occurred on Halloween night they estimate. I had last spoken to him last month and he had no clue who I was,or about our past.
    I had tried to remain in contact but could not close the miles as often as I needed, I don't know if it would have helped.
    The last few years he had lost his mind, was living in a run down house no electricity, water or heat. No one cared for ol' crazy Bob,a family had long ago left him. Just an occasional visit from a Sheriff deputy doing a health check was it.

Crazy Bob, a name he was labeled with when we were students.
    RIP Crazy,
    for Bob.
    "On hire from Swiss or Sweden, be me Christain, be me heathen,The Devil to the sabre I shall put"

prayers up for both of you . . . RIP crazy bob
    RM

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Sorry to hear that, Plainsman. At least there was someone -- you -- to mourn his passing.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

RIP Bob; sorry to hear this. I lost some GI buddies in similar circumstances, drank themselves to death.
    While I'm here:
    RIP Dustin Bailey; 557th, 5th Corps, 3rd Army
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Rest In Peace
    When thing's look bad,pray,when things are good pray!

"Those willing to give up they're Liberty for security,deserve neither!"-Benjamin Franklin

Carpe' Diem

My life is not what someone else makes of it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntGRosZ6VzU