Thread: 6.7 Quake in Anchorage Friday morning

Default 6.7 Quake in Anchorage Friday morning

All best,
    Cyberiot

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig. –Robert Heinlein

They have now said it was 7.0 one.

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Back-to-back earthquakes measuring 7.0 and 5.8 rocked buildings and buckled roads Friday morning in Anchorage, prompting people to run from their offices or take cover under desks and triggering a warning to residents in Kodiak to flee to higher ground for fear of a tsunami.
    The U.S. Geological Survey said the first and more powerful quake was centered about 7 miles (12 kilometers) north of Anchorage, Alaska's largest city.
    Cracks could be seen in a two-story downtown Anchorage building. It was unclear whether there were injuries.

Live Coverage from CBS News

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/video...ppwebview=true

I experienced my first earthquakes ever back earlier this year when the volcano blew. Scary stuff. The whole cabin was swaying so much we just went outside to see if my construction skills could stand. (They did, praise God.)

We had a brief tsunami warning while they waited to see what the Anchorage one would do but then they gave the all clear. I have two friends in that region (that I know of) and I sent them both texts and got back "we're fine".

The whole Pacific Rim seems a little shaky this year. Or maybe it's like that every year but now I'm paying more attention.