Thread: Satanic Sculpture Installed At Illinois Statehouse, Just In Time For The Holidays

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This is one of those "Are you SURE this isn't the Onion?" articles. I had to look several times.

A state government has erected a statue to Satan. No Bohemian Grove shadow play there. No gray area. Nope. Here's our statue honoring Satan.

Isn't it nice that here in the USA we have Freedom of religion, One has the Freedom to worship anyone, anything and yes even satan. After all we have No National religion we are not a Christian nation because of that. Christ Like ya maybe but that is all. You can go out and worship a fence post if that is what you want to do. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppalong View Post
    Isn't it nice that here in the USA we have Freedom of religion, One has the Freedom to worship anyone, anything and yes even satan. After all we have No National religion we are not a Christian nation because of that. Christ Like ya maybe but that is all. You can go out and worship a fence post if that is what you want to do. LOL
    God gives us that freedom now. Be careful though, how you use it, because you will not always have that freedom and we all will give account to God. "For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God."

Also, shall not God hold to account those who set idols, lies and false religion before the people? Revelation chapter 13, verse 10a, "He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity...".
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Upon reflection, this is a great thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Miradus View Post
    This is one of those "Are you SURE this isn't the Onion?" articles. I had to look several times.

A state government has erected a statue to Satan. No Bohemian Grove shadow play there. No gray area. Nope. Here's our statue honoring Satan.
    Nope, private funds paid for the statue.

"The State of Illinois is required by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution to allow temporary, public displays in the state capitol so long as these displays are not paid for by taxpayer dollars. Because the first floor of the Capitol Rotunda is a public place, state officials cannot legally censor the content of speech or displays. The United States Supreme Court has held that public officials may legally impose reasonable time, place and manner restrictions regarding displays and speeches, but no regulation can be based on the content of the speech."
    I hope you feel better now.

You mistake me for someone else, dude.

I'm not arguing that they have the RIGHT to do it.

I'm amazed they did.

Let's dialog this out a bit. Maybe that'll explain my position.

It doesn't amaze me much that there's a group of organized Satan worshippers somewhere. It doesn't amaze me so much that they have some resources to get a statue built. Maybe the guy who carved the statue is one of them.

But there's a lot of non-Satan worshippers who had to be involved in this.

Some guy hauled that thing in a truck. Did he say, "What's in the back? Oh, it's a statue of Satan. Just an average day here at Joe's Hauling Services."

Some guys unloaded it. Did they say, "What the heck is this weird thing? Looks like a statue to Satan. I'm not touching it."

The janitor walked by with a mop bucket and said, "That's new. Is that a statue to Satan? What's going on in this building? Are we all openly worshipping Satan now? Explains the mess in the bathrooms."

A whole lot of people were involved with this thing beyond just the folks who pulled it together. And a lot more have to give it the pass in order to go about their day.

I'm not the most religious person out there. I'm certainly not canonically religious as many of you are, and at best I'd say I'm more spiritual than religious sometimes. And I certainly don't get involved in discussion trying to figure out what the mark of the beast might actually be ...

... but if I have to go get my driver's license renewed at a building with a giant statue of Satan outside I'm probably going to say, "F this, I'm going to drive illegally."

Let's say someone is completely non-religious and believes all the Bible is nothing more than allegory. Well then Satan is allegorical for everything bad in humanity, right? And suddenly that allegory is represented with a goat-headed statue outside of your government building. What does that say about the government?

It says that the government is upholding the constitution by upholding equal access for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    It says that the government is upholding the constitution by upholding equal access for all.
    Um, this is a slippery slope ... I'm aware ... but maybe not everyone should have equal access.

I mean, the Satanic creed is to cause as much suffering as possible to human beings.

Even if you're not a Christian ... let's say you're a complete atheist ... do you really think that someone whose core belief is to DO EVIL should have equal access?

I'm not talking "evil" in the sense of "He wore white after Labor Day" or "He ate pork despite what our holy book says about it".

I'm talking about a real evil.

And yes, I'm aware that some can come back with the strawman argument that wearing white after Labor Day could be considered real evil to some legalistic Christians, and I'm also aware probably some legalistic Christian will come in and prove that point.

I guess at the heart of it is the question: Is there any creed so heinous that humans of any religion, belief, or culture would look at it and say, "This we shall not allow." ?

Quote Originally Posted by Miradus View Post
    Um, this is a slippery slope ... I'm aware ... but maybe not everyone should have equal access.

I mean, the Satanic creed is to cause as much suffering as possible to human beings.

Even if you're not a Christian ... let's say you're a complete atheist ... do you really think that someone whose core belief is to DO EVIL should have equal access?

I'm not talking "evil" in the sense of "He wore white after Labor Day" or "He ate pork despite what our holy book says about it".

I'm talking about a real evil.

And yes, I'm aware that some can come back with the strawman argument that wearing white after Labor Day could be considered real evil to some legalistic Christians, and I'm also aware probably some legalistic Christian will come in and prove that point.

I guess at the heart of it is the question: Is there any creed so heinous that humans of any religion, belief, or culture would look at it and say, "This we shall not allow." ?
    Here are the 7 Fundamental Tenets of the Satanic Church. I'm sure you'll find something in there that will offend you.

1. One should strive to act with compassion and empathy toward all creatures in accordance with reason.
    2. The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
    3. One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
    4. The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one's own.
    5. Beliefs should conform to one's best scientific understanding of the world. One should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit one's beliefs.
    6. People are fallible. If one makes a mistake, one should do one's best to rectify it and resolve any harm that might have been caused.
    7. Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.

https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/tenets
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/