Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burns and sepsis

Default Burns and sepsis

Several of my guys work on cattle ranches, so if and when they get hurt, it tends to be serious.

Yet another grandson, "C" was admitted to a burn unit today for a gasoline burn on his leg, a week ago.

The docs didn't put him on antibiotics, so the wound progressed from 2nd/3rd degree to all 3rd. He has to have surgery, and be kept in the hospital till at least this coming friday.

His whole system is sick now, so he could definitely use some prayer.

This is the same one who had brain infection a few years ago.

Thankyou for your prayers.
    As an American you have the right to not believe in guns. You also have the right to not believe in God. But if someone is trying to break into your home, or wants to harm you, the first thing you will do is pick up the phone and call someone with a gun. The second thing you will do is pray that they get there in time. ~Don Moore

The surgery was done this morning. They had to remove skin and muscle, leaving several inches of shin bome exposed. They couldnt do a skin graft, but did fill the wound with something fetal bovine. Naturally he's in a lot of pain.

The infection is in the bone too, so we are hoping they can save his leg. He's in his 20's, a military vet/police officer. He has 3 little girls to support, and has always kept up with that.

My daughter, his mother, is extremely concerned as she knows the full implications of what he's facing.

I told both of them that I put him on this prayer list. They extend their thanks.
    As an American you have the right to not believe in guns. You also have the right to not believe in God. But if someone is trying to break into your home, or wants to harm you, the first thing you will do is pick up the phone and call someone with a gun. The second thing you will do is pray that they get there in time. ~Don Moore

That Father Provide comfort and healing to your grandson.

Consider the use of Castor Oil.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Cast...utf-8&oe=utf-8

O.W.

Thankyou OW. There isn't anything there to put anything on. All of the skin and muscle on the shinbone is gone...removed during surgery. The shin bone is totally exposed, about 4 inches or so. Bovine matrix is what they used to pack the wound so that the edges will begin to grow tissue, so the wound will close over the next few months. He will be out of work for months.

In the mean time, he's responding well right now, to the antibiotics, he has a few of those, but his temp is down, and blood work is good. We dont want him to loose that leg, or his life. As long as it remains open, he's at risk of both.

The bovine matrix causes the living tissue to fill in with out causing contractures...thick heavy scaring that limits mobilization..and look nasty.

He's in a burn unit which I'm glad of. It means he's being treated by people who do this exclusively, and, he's in a sterile room. They have to gown up and glove up before going into his room. And, he's eating well between morphine naps.

Please continue to pray for a full recovery. He's not out of the woods, yet.

Thanks.

New infection happening. :(

They were giving the wrong antibiotics. Please pray. Hes at risk of loosing that leg, and his life. Things work out so much better when folks bang down the door.

What is his name?

O.W.

Prayers offered for his recovery.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell

Police dog 1, bad guy nothin':

Clayton

His body is responding to the antibiotics, and they hope to begin skin grafts this coming Thurdsay. I talked to him last night, and he said they'd taken about a third of his leg off in that surgery.

Apparently, when he caught fire, his longjohns melted into his skin. It's my non professional opinion to read the lables when u buy longjohns and make sure they're 100% cotton. Cotton burns, but doesn't melt like partial polyester.

Thanks for prayers. They do make a difference. Prayer changes things.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Ms. America View Post
    Clayton

His body is responding to the antibiotics, and they hope to begin skin grafts this coming Thurdsay. I talked to him last night, and he said they'd taken about a third of his leg off in that surgery.

Apparently, when he caught fire, his longjohns melted into his skin. It's my non professional opinion to read the lables when u buy longjohns and make sure they're 100% cotton. Cotton burns, but doesn't melt like partial polyester.

Thanks for prayers. They do make a difference. Prayer changes things.
    Any updates?
    Proverbs 29:2, "...when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn."

Acts 4:12
    "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Hebrews 13:8
    , "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Revelation 3:11, "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Matthew 28:20, "...I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."