Thread: Help! I am cage stage, or so i have been told

Default Help! I am cage stage, or so i have been told

I have been accused of being cage stage new Christian, for 3 yrs.
    Well, i have gone to ever elder christian i know asking for Bible answers, help understanding grace and repentance and how to be like Christ
    No one ever has any answers. They all seem to be bothered by my constant need to learn more about Christ, they tell me not to judge while clearly judging me for my starvation for knowledge, they ignore me or give me 5 yr old child answers, they never bring up Christ themselves, and i am frustrated

Everyone says to go to church, but what church? I have found more Biblical knowledge on youtube with John Lennox and Macarthur, and spergeon, and the like

I am unequally yoked so i cant get any answers at home and honestly there is anger most of the time if i bring up anything about God.

I am frustrated and exhausted

I also have no support for issues that come up

My family says they are saved but they judge me the most and ignore me and belittle me
    I get extremely anxious to be around them with my unsaved husband. They call their actions forgiven , but all i get from it is "what did Jesus die for if you dont sin"
    This time of year is the worst
    I know Jesus says dont be just a hearer of the word but a doer, but i dont want to go anywhere or talk to anyone anymore. I have better and deeper conversations with my unsaved friends about Jesus than i do with any christian i know for years

What am i doing wrong? Do i just have to be quiet while this need for everything Christ is burning inside? Seems really problematic

Anyone made it through their cage stage ?

Literally no one in my family that claims christ will even talk to me anymore
    Or if they do they keep it to the most boring mundane topics but they basically avoid me at all costs

I am super sad
    I will make man scarcer than pure gold. more rare than the gold of Ophir
    Isaiah 13.12

Quote Originally Posted by world? View Post
    .... I am super sad
    Don't be sad.

I am not a cleric nor do I play one on tv, my approach to such matters is to go directly, as best I can, to the source. Father!

I ask Father for Guidance, Strength, Discernment ... and Forgiveness.

Avoid those that cause you heartache and misery but pray to Father for their forgiveness and enlightenment.

Saved? I don't know what that means in the literal sense but over the years I've gathered that it's a phrase used by those who would like you to feel that you are lower on Father's List of preferred peepses and who expect you to publicly proclaim, in their presence, Jesus as your Savior.

It's my understanding that it is important that you understand that Jesus is the One Who we ask for Protection, to Save us from the influences of Satan and his multitude of minions.

Stay away from them other people you mentioned. If you enjoy your husband, devote time to him and let it be just the two of you asking Father to Embrace you and to Enlighten you.

My humble 0.02.

O.W.

Some of what you are going through you will have to work out between you and the Lord, for sure.

However, for the learning part, me and DW have learned more at our kitchen table than from a pulpit. We also don't go to church anymore. Not because we are high and mighty, but because we aren't welcome.

What we did, you can do too.

1) Learn the 5 methods of Bible Study A) Topical B) Typology C) Character D) Word E) Expositional. There is a 6th called Survey, but it goes in the other direction. Meaning not in depth, but an overview.

2) Get and use resources. There's all kinds on the internet. But be careful what you use. e-sword.org has a downloadable program with ton's of commentaries (other people's views) dictionaries, encyclopedias, etc. Most are free. You can download about 20 commentaries for free. It has embedded Strong's numbers etc, and you can make them all linked together, so everything is right there when you want it.

3) Listen to teaching/expositional sermons. Doing that will show you how to use 5 methods above, and how they use them, and how they tie them all together. This will help you do the same when you have something you want to study.

You can search through firefightersforchrist.org for those. I don't know all the "preachers" they have there but do know some.

Chuck Missler, Chuck Smith, Ray Stedman to name a few. David Legge https://www.preachtheword.com/ David has 50 hours on the book of Mark, 16 chapters for example. While Chuck Missler has 75 hours on Genesis, 50 chapters.

Then there are some books by Arthur W. Pink, and websites that host their writings http://www.godrules.net/library/pink/43pink_a0.htm
    The Hall of Church History http://www.romans45.org/hall.htm

That should get you started anyway.

And for those who don't want to talk to you about Jesus.....knock the dust off your feet, and go without them.

If I can be of any other assistance, just let me know.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

CaryC! Thank you !!!
    This is exactly what i am looking for
    I really really really appreciate you stopping to help me
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡
    I will definitely look into the Bible study tips

Anytime you have list to read ,please include me
    I have listened to Chuck but the rest are new and I really thank you!
    I totally understand not going to a church right now. We just moved and i tried a few but they were obsessed with the concert or getting a laugh and nothing with conviction or true praise

I can't thank you enough
    Any other books, pages, or people you would recommend, i would love to know about
    I will make man scarcer than pure gold. more rare than the gold of Ophir
    Isaiah 13.12

Quote Originally Posted by world? View Post
    CaryC! Thank you !!!
    This is exactly what i am looking for
    I really really really appreciate you stopping to help me
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡
    I will definitely look into the Bible study tips

Anytime you have list to read ,please include me
    I have listened to Chuck but the rest are new and I really thank you!
    I totally understand not going to a church right now. We just moved and i tried a few but they were obsessed with the concert or getting a laugh and nothing with conviction or true praise

I can't thank you enough
    Any other books, pages, or people you would recommend, i would love to know about
    Sure glad to help.

For the time being I'll just stick with those I've already given. Don't want to over do it LOL. BTW over at Hall of Church History, the graph in the upper left corner is clickable, and each one of those old dead guys has their own page.

Most of the guys I recommended are already dead, with the exception of David Legge who is in Northern Ireland.

Take your time, don't be in a hurry, and know you will not agree with everything everyone says. That doesn't mean you can't learn from them. And do background checks on everyone. Know who they are, where they stand on issues, etc.

If you have trouble leaning those 5 ways let me know.

Also one thing to include over the long term is Biblical Hermeneutics.

Theological hermeneutics as traditional Christian Biblical exegesis[edit]

This form of theological hermeneutics in the mainstream Protestant tradition considers Christian Biblical hermeneutics in the tradition of explication of the text, or exegesis, to deal with various principles that can be applied to the study of Scripture. If the canon of Scripture is considered as an organic whole, rather than an accumulation of disparate individual texts written and edited in the course of history, then any interpretation that contradicts any other part of scripture is not considered to be sound. Biblical hermeneutics differs from hermeneutics and within traditional Protestant theology, there are a variety of interpretive formulae. Such formulae are generally not mutually exclusive, and interpreters may adhere to several of these approaches at once. These formulae include:[11]Theological Group of Principles:
    • The Historical-grammatical principle based on historical, socio-political, geographical, cultural and linguistic / grammatical context
    • Alternate, mutually-exclusive, models of history:
      • The Dispensational model or The Chronometrical Principle: "During different periods of time, God has chosen to deal in a particular way with man in respect to sin and man's responsibility."
      • The Covenantal model: "We differentiate between the various contracts that God has made with his people; specifically their provisions, their parties and their purposes."
      • The New-Covenantal model: The Old Testament Laws have been fulfilled and abrogated or cancelled with Christ's death, and replaced with the Law of Christ of the New Covenant, although many of the Old Covenant laws are reinstituted under the New Covenant.

• The Ethnic Division Principle: "The word of truth is rightly divided in relation to the three classes which it treats, i.e. Jews, Gentiles and the Church."
    • The Breach Principle: Interpretation of a certain verse or passage in Scripture is aided by a consideration of certain breaches, either breaches of promise or breaches of time.
    • The Christo-Centric Principle: "The mind of deity is eternally centered in Christ. All angelic thought and ministry are centered in Christ. All Satanic hatred and subtlety are centered at Christ. All human hopes are, and human occupations should be, centered in Christ. The whole material universe in creation is centered in Christ. The entire written word is centered in Christ."
    • The Moral Principle
    • The Discriminational Principle: "We should divide the word of truth so as to make a distinction where God makes a difference."
    • The Predictive Principle
    • The Application Principle: "An application of truth may be made only after the correct interpretation has been made"
    • The Principle of Human Willingness in Illumination
    • The Context Principle: "God gives light upon a subject through either near or remote passages bearing upon the same subject."

Sub-divided Context/Mention Principles:
    • The First Mention Principle: "God indicates in the first mention of a subject the truth with which that subject stands connected in the mind of God."
    • The Progressive Mention Principle: "God makes the revelation of any given truth increasingly clear as the word proceeds to its consummation."
    • The Comparative Mention Principle
    • The Full Mention Principle or The Complete Mention Principle: "God declares his full mind upon any subject vital to our spiritual life."
    • The Agreement Principle: "The truthfulness and faithfulness of God become the guarantee that he will not set forth any passage in his word that contradicts any other passage."
    • The Direct Statement Principle: "God says what he means and means what he says."
    • The Gap Principle: "God, in the Jewish Scriptures, ignores certain periods of time, leaping over them without comment."
    • The Threefold Principle: "The word of God sets forth the truths of salvation in a three-fold way: past - justification; present - sanctification/transformation; future - glorification/consummation."
    • The Repetition Principle: "God repeats some truth or subject already given, generally with the addition of details not before given."
    • The Synthetic Principle
    • The Principle of Illustrative Mention
    • The Double Reference Principle

Figures of Speech Group of Principles:
    • The Numerical Principle
    • The Symbolic Principle
    • The Typical Principle: "Certain people, events, objects and rituals found in the Old Testament may serve as object lessons and pictures by which God teaches us of his grace and saving power."
    • The Parabolic Principle
    • The Allegorical Principle

Hope that helps
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

I used to LOVE Kay Arthur. She has material to help you learn how to study.

One thing I always found important is asking Holy Spirit to open my eyes, ears, heart, and mind to learn and understand what God wants you to learn most. Also, ask him to fill you with HIS love for your unsaved family and friends. He said we would be known as his if we love our neighbor as ourselves. Don't worry about converting them. They often need to see the changes in you, before they come to the place where they want to know more. Be a living sacrifice.

If you can still get it, you might look up Henry Blackaby "Knowing And Doing The Will Of God." Its a workbook you can order to help you to know and do God's work. It's a difficult study, but worth every second of your time. It was put out by the Southern Baptist Convention many years ago. Good stuff.

It's been my personal opinion that the Bible can be devided up 3 ways. The beginning shows us the acts of God. Matthew to Acts shows us the works of Messiah. Acts to Revelation shows us the works of Holy Spirit. Revelation shows us the final Revealing of Messiah.

Welcom to tje Right side of the "WORLD". :)
    As an American you have the right to not believe in guns. You also have the right to not believe in God. But if someone is trying to break into your home, or wants to harm you, the first thing you will do is pick up the phone and call someone with a gun. The second thing you will do is pray that they get there in time. ~Don Moore

Quote Originally Posted by 1Ms. America View Post
    I used to LOVE Kay Arthur. She has material to help you learn how to study.

One thing I always found important is asking Holy Spirit to open my eyes, ears, heart, and mind to learn and understand what God wants you to learn most. Also, ask him to fill you with HIS love for your unsaved family and friends. He said we would be known as his if we love our neighbor as ourselves. Don't worry about converting them. They often need to see the changes in you, before they come to the place where they want to know more. Be a living sacrifice.

If you can still get it, you might look up Henry Blackaby "Knowing And Doing The Will Of God." Its a workbook you can order to help you to know and do God's work. It's a difficult study, but worth every second of your time. It was put out by the Southern Baptist Convention many years ago. Good stuff.

It's been my personal opinion that the Bible can be devided up 3 ways. The beginning shows us the acts of God. Matthew to Acts shows us the works of Messiah. Acts to Revelation shows us the works of Holy Spirit. Revelation shows us the final Revealing of Messiah.

Welcom to tje Right side of the "WORLD". :)
    Everybody has their own method, I get that. And not debating 1Ms. America, merely replying to one of the items she mentioned: Workbooks.

IMHO I would not use workbooks. The reason being: the "right" answer is what the author of the workbook says it is. NOT what the Bible says it is.

As a perfect example of this is the Jehovah Witness workbooks.

Workbooks, makes one wonder how all those Christians could figure out what to do before those came along. Don't take it for granted that just because someone wrote a workbook, they know it all, or even got it all right.

That's my opinion anyway.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

One thing I would add to the brothers and sisters above. Before you go in search of knowledge, pray that the Word be opened to you. A simple prayer will do, and be sure to always invoke the cleansing of the Blood of The Lamb before you ask anything of the Father. It is only by the Blood that we are cleansed, and only cleansed can we stand before the King in prayer.
    The Word is not open to all, in fact the Word is hidden. The truth is there for all to know, but first, you must ask.

Matthew:13:11: He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

M't:13:12: For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

M't:13:13: Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

M't:13:14: And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

M't:13:15: For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

M't:13:16: But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

M't:13:17: For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.
    A warrior lives by acting, not by thinking about acting, nor by thinking about what he will think when he has finished acting.