Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are You Ready For the Night Of The Long Knives?

Quote Originally Posted by Miradus View Post
    I don't think they have planned some night of the long knives for us. It's just not feasible.

The most likely scenario is your grandchildren handing over a million dollar bill with President Ocasio-Cortez's picture on it in order to pay for their Big Mac.

Hint: They won't get change back.
    This is what I have been expecting for a long time. The process is taking place slowly, but it will kick into warp speed down the road.

Before Trump became President, “open borders” Democrats like Chuck Schumer called for stronger border security

Sunday, December 30, 2018 by: JD Heyes

(Natural News) Democrats are so opposed to President Donald Trump’s push to build a border wall along most of the U.S.-Mexico border they are willing to deny his funding requests and allow the government to be shut down.But it wasn’t always like this.

In fact, once upon a time when nearly all Washington politicians could agree on the benefits of border security, Democrats were on board supporting tough new barriers as a way of reducing illegal immigration and drug smuggling.
    And Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer, D-.NY., was among them.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-12-30-before-trump-open-borders-democrats-chuck-schumer.html

John 14:6 New Living Translation (NLT)

6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

This LOOOSER has a long sword

IMO
    the "right' is being destroyed from within
    many of the "right wing" candidates are moderates that are more than willing to compromise--which means capitulate to the "left" which by the way is electing increasingly more radical representatives that demand that the "right" compromise
    so in many elections the choice is a radical or a moderate that claims to be on the "right"
    if a true "right" conservative is elected they are usually vilifird by the "left" the "press" and not supported by the "right"
    it is my hope that the "right" can get behind trump and grow a pair to stand up and actually fight the opposition

perhaps this is just a mirror of our society as a whole --but if it is I am left out
    The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but the newspapers."
    Thomas Jefferson

You are correct Buster. While in my vehicle, I normally listen to talk radio. Even if the show is hosted by a conservative, the hour and half hour news feed that the network carries is loaded with anti conservative bias. For example, Fox news radio will never call Pelosi or Schumer a Leftist or even liberal, but any right of center Republican is called a far right winger or conservative, usually with a negative inflection in the newscaster's voice. You can take odds of 10 to one that every 2 minute news break will have 2 anti Trump stories.

We've got now a significant minority in the country--and a powerful majority in elite institutions like media and academia--that believes we don't have a right to restrict immigration into the US at all, because it's racist.
    This loud minority is amplified on social media, sure--but conservatives understand that these are the people who’re teaching their children and creating the intellectual environment for them. They see, correctly, that it's only a matter of time.
    When Trump says "if we don’t have borders, we don't have a country," that aphorism resonates because it’s *more essentially true* than anything in GOP orthodoxy you'd read about in any conservative media pre-Trump.

The Trump/Romney argument on the Right, at this point, is utterly boring. It's the same conflict, like the Eternal Recurrence, between people who know what time it is, and people who don't. It's rancorous precisely because it's a conflict about perception of the threat.
    It's also a battle that’s been won by the Trump side--even if the folks cheering Romney today don’t realize it.
    The status quo GOP candidates were totally routed in 2016; both Trump and Cruz resonated with the GOP electorate because they're "America is in Crisis" candidates.
    Marco Rubio was the quintessential status quo GOP candidate. It's like he was weaned on Weekly Standard and WSJ op/eds.
    His message of optimism was rejected by people who knew what time it was--people who understand that America had changed significantly since Reagan and Bush.
    If you know what time it is, and understand that we’re losing not just our common culture American identity--that's pretty much gone--but now, the concept of national sovereignty full-stop, you are legitimately furious at would-be allies who are knifing you in the back.
    If you believe this massive cultural & philosophical conflict will be won without "tribalism," you do not know enough about this to be of much use going forward.
    Many of the pro-Trump people you hate understand this, and that's why they're frustrated AF with you.
    A final thought: Rubio voter types seem to believe that taking in any amount of any kind of immigrants would not change the character or politics of America in any real way, certainly not negative.
    For people in the real world, however--people who know what time it is--this insane belief is proof you're so ideologically blinded on something so basic, you can't be trusted.
    It's not that these people are stupid or evil; they just believe a bunch of things that manifestly are not true in order to reach what they believe is the only conclusion that's possible given these assumptions.
    I'll have to do another Universal Values Delusion thread, because it's worth repeating. It's a misunderstanding of American principles that’s so tightly held, it's become a dogma that’s crowded-out even self-evident, plainly observable truths.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."