Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: China successfully lands spacecraft on far side of moon, state media says

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    Why would it not?

Rockets don't work by pushing back against air. They throw exhaust out the back at high speeds to get the opposite force to propel the craft forward.

I guess you think all that 'space program, satellites and such' is all propaganda?
    You see moving lights in the night sky.
    You can not prove anything beyond that.
    You BELIEVE and ASSUME they are man made satellites.
    Why does GPS go down over various parts of the globe?
    If you are a pilot, reports are available from the aviation gate keepers noting where GPS data is not available.

Chemical rockets can not ignite in a vacuum.
    Rockets DO push against the air around.
    If rocket thrust pushes only against the rocket, then if you are
    sufficiently strong enough, you should be able to fly by pulling up on your shoe laces.
    Gravity is still a theory. Gravity wave detection is a lie.
    The experiment that claimed to have found the gravity constant is a fraud.
    The experiment has never been successfully duplicated.
    The attraction of so called gravity between to bodies other than on the earth surface has never been provably observed.

No O-ring composition can stand the temperature and pressure extremes of the alleged space station.
    The maintenance requirements of a so called space station would require the equivalent of a fully supplied machine shop.
    There has never been a proper demonstration of a human in a space suit in an earth based vacuum chamber.
    There was never a successful test of the so called lunar lander.
    ALL data from the Apollo 11 program was mysteriously lost.
    The cameras of very clean astronuts never pan 360 degrees.
    Hair spray does wonders to give the illusion of floating hair.
    Just keeping a space station environment clean would be a nightmare.
    Hair would be prohibited.

That is just a start.
    Thinking is hard.
    That is why so few exercise it.
    Humans are so gullible and accept so much on faith.

No. I am not a flat earther but I find the math does not work for a globe.
    Computers can calculate the interaction between 2 bodies in the space math that we have been indoctrinated.
    No super computer can calculate a moving 3 body interaction in the conventional space math that we have been indoctrinated.
    So no object can realistically travel and meet up with another object in space.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppalong View Post
    Oh ya those that will never believe we DID land on the moon. ALL the so called myths have been BUSTED many times and even on The Myth-busters show.s TWICE for the nonbelievers. What a laugh it is to hear their are still some still believe in the tooth-fairy and the earth is flat also. LOL LOL
    BELIEF is the focus of your post.
    Belief is the enemy of knowledge.

"Ground control to Major Tong...can you hear me Major Tong?"
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

For the misinformed out there.
    I with my limited education can tell you Rocket fuel has an oxygen component in it or with it which allows it to burn in space,for thrust please read up on Newtons third law.

The theory of gravity is a theory that has been well observed. Things fall down.

You don't need very sophisticated math to demonstrate that the earth is a globe. Look up Eratosthenes of Cyrene (276 BCE – c. 195 BCE) .He is best known for being the first person to calculate the circumference of the Earth. The moon is certainly a globe, at least the side that faces us is in the shape of one half of a globe as can be seen by anyone by the way the shadow falls. The other side could be flat like half an orange but that too would certainly fail the Occam's (1287–1347) razor test.

Someone on Reddit: "I'm sure the Earth is round because if it was flat, cats would have pushed everything over the edge by now."

Quote Originally Posted by solderguy View Post
    Someone on Reddit: "I'm sure the Earth is round because if it was flat, cats would have pushed everything over the edge by now."
    Best evidence I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by solderguy View Post
    Definitive proof to be sure, we have seen this in action.
    “I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.” Barry Goldwater.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Bullwinkle View Post
    You see moving lights in the night sky.
    You can not prove anything beyond that.
    You BELIEVE and ASSUME they are man made satellites.
    You believe that the moving lights in the sky are somehow faked, airplanes perhaps?

Airplanes have been faking satellites all over the world since 1957 (Sputnik) That first satellite showed up in the night sky when and where it was predicted to do so, all over the world. Even though the US did not yet have that capability, we had the math that let us ('us' being people all over the world) go out a few minutes before the appointed time and watch it pass over. I was fortunate to have had that experience in 1957.

My father was a physicist. We were warned not to eat the snow.

How many satellites are orbiting the Earth in 2018?

Posted on
    22 August 2018 by Andy

Image courtesy of ESA
    Note: The debris field shown in the image is an artist’s impression based on actual data. However, the debris objects are shown at an exaggerated size to make them visible at the scale shown

This is our annual update on the satellites currently orbiting the Earth.
    How many satellites are orbiting the Earth?
    According to the Index of Objects Launched into Outer Space maintained by the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA), there are 4 857 satellites currently orbiting the planet; an increase of 4.79% compared to last year.

So far in 2018, UNOOSA has recorded 204 objects launched into space. This is already more launches than was achieved in any entire year before 2013, and very close to the number of launches in 2013, 2014, 2105 and 2016. However, it did not beat last year as 2017 was a bit of a record breaker! There were 453 objects launched last year alone, which equates to over 5% of the objects ever launched into space!
    A significant proportion of the 453 were cubesats for Earth Observation or communication purposes, and it is these smaller satellites that are driving the increase in objects being put into space. According to UNOOSA, in history 8 126 objects have been launched into space, and over 22% of these are within the last eight years alone. Both technology developments and improved interest in space, particularly from start-up companies, are behind the recent drive.