Thread: My Thoughts About That Poor Old Job

Default My Thoughts About That Poor Old Job

At least to me, The Book of Job is THE story about the Elect of Father...
    =====================================

Although many of the chapters in the book of Job are filled with extra-Biblical interpretations of man’s idea of the essence of Father, the overall story of the book closely indicates the travail the Elect will face when Satan manifests himself as “instead-of Christ”.
    I am not sure how many have done much in-depth thinking beyond the fact that the book does tell A story about the Elect even of the end-times, but recently I have seen more there than I saw the first few times.
    Some few understand that we will be tested by Satan, even delivered up to his very “seat” by those we trusted.
    Jesus advised of this in Mathew 24, and said it very plainly in:
    Mark 13:9-14
    9 But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them.
    10 And the gospel must first be published among all nations.
    11 But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.
    12 Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.
    13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
    14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:
    (KJV)
    As well as in:
    Luke 21:12-18
    12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.
    13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony.
    14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:
    15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
    16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.
    17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
    18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish. (KJV)
    The main reason for this article is to allow you to see the confirmation of the above passages for yourself, by remembrance. The book of Job illustrates the subjects and objects taught by the above verses, and in surprising detail. Now,
    Job was one who loved God, and sincerely tried every way possible to shun evil. Father had blessed him greatly. (Job 1:1-5) Satan the accuser, came before the Father’s presence, having temporarily left off from his work of roaming the earth, and essentially accused Job of being less than aware of the source of his material blessings. Job 1: 6-12) Think hard on this one. Material things can certainly take your eyes off of God. Especially if you become hungry. Remember the things satan used on Eve, and even Jesus? The first exploited the flesh need for physical FOOD. Note also that the word used for ‘man’ by Father in verse 8 is “iysh” and not ’adam’. Another question you may consider from this is when did Father first call the gentiles?
    Well, satan’s first attack did not work like satan had anticipated. (Father knows the hearts and minds of His children). Job’s acceptance is given as a model for us in Job1:20-22.
    Did satan give up? Nope. He went back to the well to muddy the water even more. (2:1-7) Pay close attention to Job 2:6. (Behold, he is in your hands, but save his life). Think on this. Recall Lk 21:18 above “not a hair of your head shall perish”. Think about who holds the power of death (Heb 2:14). Think also about the deception of the end times, and slewfoots miracles he is able to perform. (Matt 24:24 and Rev 13:13). Satan cannot give life, but he surely has the power to take life unless Father denies him this power.
    Think also about the pride of your life. Isn’t it your own soul? Think about the second temptation of both Eve “pleasant to the eyes” and with Christ Satan attempted to attack to see if there was pride of whom He was. It seems The adversary has a similar MO, today.
    The last family member that Job had left after verse 2:7 was his wife. She turned on him in verse 9. (see Mk 13:12-13).
    It is here in verse 11 that Satan unleashed the attack of worldly religious “wisdom” in the persons of 3 of Job’s ‘religious friends’. Think of Eve again. (the fruit) was good for food, pleasant to the eyes, and desired to make one WISE. (Gen 3:6). Think of Christ in the wilderness on satan’s third attempt “if you will worship me”.
    Up to chapter 31, the ‘friends’ continued to pour out their interpretation of who Father was, and how Job was apparently just getting punished for his sins.
    Many people who fail to study for themselves just skim over the chapters of Job from 4 thru 37, dismissing them as purely man’s drivel. However there is a FOURTH speaker, who has, by the beginning of chapter 38 just about broken Job by his speech. It is a different sort of speech than that of his other friends. Mostly people mention the falsity of the teaching of Job‘s “three friends” , but this fourth person needs a good look.. His name is Elihu, and is introduced during the first 14 verses of chapter 32. That this person spoke with a bit of authority is evident by the way everyone shut up when he spake. (see v 32:15). Job, as well as his “religious friends”. That this Elihu was present and observed by at least Job may be indicated by verse 14. Perhaps Job saw something we should examine more closely.
    This Elihu was described as the son of Barachel, the Buzite, of the kindred of Ram”
    The meaning of the name, Elihu is given in definition in the margin as “God is Jehovah”, or “my God is He”. The Hebrew would allow even “he is God”. for these words.
    From Strong’s we gather a little more on the meaning:
    453 'Eliyhuw (el-ee-hoo'); or (fully) 'Eliyhuw' (el-ee-hoo'); from 410 and 1931; God of him; Elihu, the name of one of Job's friends, and of three Israelites: KJV-- Elihu.
    410 'el (ale); shortened from 352; strength; as adjective, mighty; especially the Almighty (but used also of any deity): KJV-- God (god), X goodly, X great, idol, might (-y one), power, strong. Compare names in "-el."
    1931 huw' (hoo); of which the feminine (beyond the Pentateuch) is hiy' (he); a primitive word, the third person pronoun singular, he (she or it); only expressed when emphatic or without a verb; also (intensivelyself), or (especially with the article) the same; sometimes (as demonstrative) this or that; occasionally (instead of copula) as or are: KJV-- he, as for her, him (-self), it, the same, she (herself), such, that (... it), these, they, this, those, which (is), who.
    Satan certainly knows who God is.
    Now the linage of this Elihu as given us in that verse is:
    1292 Barak'el (baw-rak-ale'); from 1288 and 410, God has blessed; Barakel, the father of one of Job's friends:
    KJV-- Barachel.
    Satan was originally so blessed by God that his job was at first, the guardian of the Mercy Seat. See Isa 14 and Eze 28.
    7410 Ram (rawm); active participle of 7311; high; Ram, the name of an Arabian and of an Israelite:
    KJV-- Ram. See also 1027. ***. rum. See 7311.
    Satan was originally “high” ok. He was in heaven.
    And, Buz is : 940 Buwziy (boo-zee'); patronymic from 938; a Buzite or descendant of Buz: KJV-- Buzite.
    938 Buwz (booz); the same as 937; Buz, the name of a son of Nahor, and of an Israelite: KJV-- Buz.
    937 buwz (booz); from 936; disrespect: KJV-- contempt (-uously), despised, shamed.
    936 buwz (booz); a primitive root; to disrespect: KJV-- contemn, despise, X utterly.
    Satan despises God, and all the Elect.
    This one, Elihu was young, but everyone else was very old. (32:6). He said he was afraid to show his opinion. Note that all the angelic visitors in the Word were described were described as young men.
    From Strong’s, “afraid” is: 2119 zachal (zaw-khal'); a primitive root; to crawl; by implication, to fear:
    KJV-- be afraid, serpent, worm.
    Hmmm. Think about Gen 3:14.
    His “opinion” is 1843 dea` (day'-ah); from 3045; knowledge: KJV-- knowledge, opinion.
    And the root word is: 3045 yada` (yaw-dah'); a primitive root; to know (properly, to ascertain by seeing); used in a great variety of senses, figuratively, literally, euphemistically and inferentially (including observation, care, recognition; and causatively, instruction, designation, punishment, etc.) [as follow]:
    KJV-- acknowledge, acquaintance (-ted with), advise, answer, appoint, assuredly, be aware, [un-] awares, can [-not], certainly, comprehend, consider, X could they, cunning, declare, be diligent, (can, cause to) discern, discover, endued with, familiar friend, famous, feel, can have, be [ig-] norant, instruct, kinsfolk, kinsman, (cause to let, make) know, (come to give, have, take) knowledge, have [knowledge], (be, make, make to be, makeself) known, + be learned, + lie by man, mark, perceive, privy to, X prognosticator, regard, have respect, skilful, shew, can (man of) skill, be sure, of a surety, teach, (can) tell, understand, have [understanding], X will be, wist, wit, wot.
    IT is interesting that it properly means “learn by seeing” Satan surely learned how to play God by seeing. But.. his mind never learned. Whomever this young man named Elihu was, he had disrespect (Buz) as an ancestor, and the presence of his speech was sufficient to shut everyone up. He was apparently a dynamic orator. I personally begin to suspect that we may be witnessing another of Satan’s trips to earth as mentioned in Chapters 1 and 2 of this book.
    Job may have sensed this personage, for he adhered to Mk 13: 11 and Lk 21:14-15. In fact, Job did not speak again until after Father spake and took care of it for him! Father, took care of it, just like He would promise. In the future, He will do so again, via His Holy Spirit when the time comes.
    Finally, notice something else. Father opened with (ch 38:2) “Who is this who darkened council by words without knowledge?” Who had just finished speaking? It was not Job, nor was it the 3 “friends”. It was the young man “Elihu”. Finally, after Father lectures Job on giving Satan an audience, Father calls our attention to something else. He states in Ch 42:7 to Eliphaz that He was angry with him and his TWO friends. Note:-- Elihu was not mentioned nor acknowledged. Father did not give satan the time of day. Neither should we. We must trust and wait for Father’s Holy Spirit which He promised. See Joel 2:28-29. This was demonstrated in Acts 2, when the Comforter first came down.
    There are those who will persist that God didn’t mention Elihu, cuz he did good. Shame on you.
    Consider the following.
    Job did a little oops right here--
    Job 31:35
    35 Oh that one would hear me! behold, my desire is, that the Almighty would answer me, and that mine adversary had written a book. (KJV)

And in Job 33:6-- check out Elihu’s words…
    6 Behold, I am according to thy wish in God's stead: I also am formed out of the clay. (KJV)
    Be careful what you ask for. Satan has ears. So now--
    Then we have the lies of Elihu (Satan) for the third time in the book. Remember the 3 he pulled on Messiah? Heeeez baaaack.
    Job 33:
    32 If thou hast any thing to say, answer me: speak, for I desire to justify thee:

Rom 8:33
    33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.(KJV)

Job 33:33 If not, hearken unto me: hold thy peace, and I shall teach thee wisdom. (KJV)

All Wisdom comes from God

1 Chr 22:12
    12 Only the LORD give thee wisdom and understanding, and give thee charge concerning Israel, that thou mayest keep the law of the LORD thy God.(KJV)

Job 35:7
    7 If thou be righteous, what givest thou him? or what receiveth he of thine hand? (KJV)

Ps 37:30-33
    30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.
    31 The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.
    32 The wicked watcheth the righteous, and seeketh to slay him.
    33 The LORD will not leave him in his hand, nor condemn him when he is judged.(KJV)

Job 36:4
    4 For truly my words shall not be false: he that is perfect in knowledge is with thee. (KJV)

Job Shoulda got a clue

Ezek 28:12-15
    12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
    13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
    14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
    15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.(KJV)

Job 34:8
    8 Which goeth in company with the workers of iniquity, and walketh with wicked men.(KJV)

Matt 9:11
    11 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?(KJV)

You get the Idea. I will leave you some work to do on your own. Here are a few more for you to practice on.

Job 34:30
    30 That the hypocrite reign not, lest the people be ensnared.(KJV)

Job 35:3
    3 For thou saidst, What advantage will it be unto thee? and, What profit shall I have, if I be cleansed from my sin?(KJV)

Job 35:6-8
    6 If thou sinnest, what doest thou against him? or if thy transgressions be multiplied, what doest thou unto him?

7 If thou be righteous, what givest thou him? or what receiveth he of thine hand?

8 Thy wickedness may hurt a man as thou art; and thy righteousness may profit the son of man. (KJV)

Job 36:2-4
    2 Suffer me a little, and I will shew thee that I have yet to speak on God's behalf.
    3 I will fetch my knowledge from afar, and will ascribe righteousness to my Maker.
    4 For truly my words shall not be false: he that is perfect in knowledge is with thee. (KJV)

Job 34:2-42 Hear my words, O ye wise men; and give ear unto me, ye that have knowledge.
    3 For the ear trieth words, as the mouth tasteth meat.
    4 Let us choose to us judgment: let us know among ourselves what is good.(KJV)

Clue-- who said "Ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil"?

Watchman, May I ask what your definition of "elect" is? Thanks

Rom 11:2-5
    2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
    3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
    4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
    5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the Election of Grace. (KJV)