Thread: Should I Change My Username?

Default Should I Change My Username?

I have increasingly become less comfortable with my username here. I am a born-again Christian professing Lord Yeshua the Lamb as my savior and master. Yet the times are such that non-resistance may not be possible for very much longer. I would not want to bring dishonor to the name of my Lord, and some might think my views to be inappropriate for my username. I served during the Vietnam war, and afterwards worked 11 years as a civil servant doing depot level repair on Sidewinder missiles for the military. Then I met my Mennonite wife, quit my job, married her, and for 20 years lived peacefully as a member of the Mennonite Church. Until they found out about my gun collection. They didn’t like my M4, AK47, Mac10 clone, or my 40,000+ rounds of ammo in the basement. But the fact that I kept a loaded 1911 on my nightstand was the straw that broke the camel’s back. I ended up quitting the Mennonite Church rather than being shunned. I still consider my oath to defend the constitution as binding upon me. Many new Christians see our Lord as eternally non-resistant. Yet the Bible book of Revelations says that the very first thing He’ll do after returning is to personally kill the people of the armies of the Armageddon war. Then afterwards rule with a rod-of-iron. Definitely NOT non-resistant. So I have no problem defending my views. But I don’t want to turn off anyone here close to committing their lives to Christ by what they might see as an incompatibility between my username and my views. Should I change my username? I’d like to hear from HouseWolf on this…

If you believe in your heart Jesus died and now is risen there is no need to change your user name.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Default To Christian...

Some comments

I have been on this board for 11+ years, observing- posting very infrequently. I have no credentials. .

As the time draws closer at a rapid pace, many people, whether Christians, Preppers, and most Others of all stripes share your query…. The “Quickening“ is happening for ALL at this time. They are all asking themselves … ‘Things are getting stranger by the day in this world…. I need to change…SOMETHING to get ready for the inevitable…” because, Christian, that second beast is 70+ years old now….the time is growing short…

Indulge me…

The book of Christ’s Revealing is not recorded in chronological sequence. This is easily proven by reading chapter 11 where the Elect take their stand for God, and the beast, NOT SATAN, kills them. Then their resurrection 3 ½ days later, followed by the ONLY ‘rapture’ written in the Word.. And finally God’s tribulation and the end of this age is described in the final verses of chapter 11… Note that The ’beast’ is not ‘Satan‘… the beast is the humanity comprising the NWO who follow the desires of their flesh minds. I guess in a way they are the Devil, and are thus are owned, ie ‘possessed’ by him..ie, they worship him.

However, since there are no Christians left after the middle of chapter 11…Why then, are their any more chapters in Revelation? As an aside, it is interesting that chapter 11 is the MIDDLE chapter of the Book..

What Yashua is showing John FIRST is that there will NOT be a SINGLE one of His that will suffer the tribulation with the rest of flesh in the day of His Wrath. The chapters immediately following ..chapter 12-19, ‘fill in the blanks‘. In chapter 20, we begin “the rest of the story”…

Dear Christian, you are not the “lone ranger” … ALL feel the quickening… They respond with their mind the best they can. Let us enjoy the mind of Our Lord and Savior, by feasting on His Word daily as He shows us. As He said ..

Amos 8:11
    11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: (KJV)

Stay hungry, my friend

Proverbs 9 King James Version

9 Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:

2 She hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table.

3 She hath sent forth her maidens: she crieth upon the highest places of the city,

4 Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him,
    5 Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled.
    6 Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.
    7 He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot.
    8 Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

9 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.

10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

11 For by me thy days shall be multiplied, and the years of thy life shall be increased.
    12 If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: but if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.
    13 A foolish woman is clamorous: she is simple, and knoweth nothing.
    14 For she sitteth at the door of her house, on a seat in the high places of the city,

15 To call passengers who go right on their ways:

16 Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: and as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him,
    17 Stolen waters are sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant.
    18 But he knoweth not that the dead are there; and that her guests are in the depths of hell.
    A warrior lives by acting, not by thinking about acting, nor by thinking about what he will think when he has finished acting.

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

I've been a spirit-filled believer in the Lord Jesus Christ since August 1972, and I don't have a problem with your views or your name.

IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

... just don't change it to "Christian for Israel".

And this goal to accumulate "They didn’t like my *desire to accumulate* M4, AK47, Mac10 clone, or my 40,000+ rounds of ammo *and keep it* in the basement."

There are some things best kept to yourself ....

O.W.

IMHO your user name should be what ever you want it to be. Anybody has a problem with it, it's on them.

Granted there is a whole debate on Christians and guns, but really it's do you have a clear conscience before God. If you do, then who is some human to change your mind. And if it's wrong, God is well able to do show you.

Don't forget in Medieval times there was several groups of Warrior Monks who were armed: Templars, Hospitality (?) Not to mention the Crusaders, and preachers during the Revolution who fought, and of necessity were armed.

'Sides noting says it's not your real name as in Hans Christian Anderson.

Can't be no worse than Oscar Wilde, who never grows old, just the painting of himself does. (Dorian Gray) LOL
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

It's up to you what your user name is. I would say though that with the title of Christian, your representing Christians.
    It brings you under a stricter scrutiny just as with me driving around in my car with scriptures on the bumper.

Your held to a higher standard when you represent Christ in any way: What you say and what you do.

Guns are not antichrist. But their are many antichrists who use them. It's a self defence tool to defend your family, if you so choose.

Jesus only got physical one time that I can recall in scripture, out of the multitude of encounters He had. I wouldn't use that as an excuse for violence.

Deuteronomy 32:35, "To me belongeth vengeance, and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste."

Hebrews 10:30, "For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people."

Romans 12:19, "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord."

If someone is busting into your house to do harm to you and/or your family, then you do what you have to do.

But If you are being persecuted for Christs sake, then suffer it, and rejoice. (I know, easier said than done)
    Last edited by Rob_0126; 02-04-2019 at 04:20 PM. Reason: spelling
    Proverbs 29:2, "...when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn."

Acts 4:12
    "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Hebrews 13:8
    , "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Revelation 3:11, "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Matthew 28:20, "...I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

If you give-up your user name you should move to Sweden. I will gladly take your name (it is my sainted mother's name, after all).
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."