Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: China successfully lands spacecraft on far side of moon, state media says

Default China successfully lands spacecraft on far side of moon, state media says

https://www.foxnews.com/science/chin...te-media-says#

China successfully landed a spacecraft on the far side of the moon Thursday, becoming the first country to ever land on the side of the moon that faces away from Earth, state news media said.

The official China Central Television said the lunar explorer Chang'e 4 had touched down at 10:26 a.m.

Zhu Menghua, a professor at Macau University of Science and Technology who worked with Beijing on the mission, said the mission’s success is a major milestone for the country and establishes it as a pioneer in space exploration.

"We Chinese people have done something that the Americans have not dared try," he said, according to The New York Times.

I was reading about this last night!

First they put a complicated satellite in far orbit out there as a transmitter so they could bounce the signals back. Otherwise the moon is in the way and you can't get telemetry or data back. That's been our biggest obstacle to visiting that side of the moon (other than a weak-kneed NASA who won't take risks).

And their rover isn't just rolling around there taking photos to show they can do it. No, they're surveying sites for their planned moon base and looking for ice deposits. They are serious!

Why put a base on the far side of the moon? Because the moon shields the base from all electromagnetic transmissions, allowing deep space satellites and such to really operate with full efficiency. It's SETI and Hubble rolled into one on steroids.

It's an exciting time for space exploration, and sadly NASA is being left behind. I'm suspecting in the next decade we'll see the first man on Mars ... and he probably won't be an American.

With the same success rate as the Chinese copy of the F-35 their 'aircraft carrier' and their Main Battle Tank?
    all are failures
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Well they're on the dark side of the moon with their imperfect rover knockoff and our perfect one is still in the design lab.

Quote Originally Posted by Miradus View Post
    Well they're on the dark side of the moon with their imperfect rover knockoff and our perfect one is still in the design lab.
    So they claim, no evidence yet. Meanwhile the US has probes a billion miles out and has maintained a secret space program for decades
    S
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

WOW! The images look like they came from the same studio that made the Apollo images.
    Nobody has properly demonstrated how a chemical rocket can work in the vacuum of space.
    It takes a faith greater than in a god to believe in a space program.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    With the same success rate as the Chinese copy of the F-35 their 'aircraft carrier' and their Main Battle Tank?
    all are failures
    Wouldn't catch me near a moon module that has "made in china" on it...IF they really went in the first place.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Bullwinkle View Post
    WOW! The images look like they came from the same studio that made the Apollo images.
    Nobody has properly demonstrated how a chemical rocket can work in the vacuum of space.
    I ... uh ... I really don't know what to say about this. It's as if I encountered someone who doesn't believe in gravity.

Why would it not?

Rockets don't work by pushing back against air. They throw exhaust out the back at high speeds to get the opposite force to propel the craft forward.

I guess you think all that 'space program, satellites and such' is all propaganda?

Oh ya those that will never believe we DID land on the moon. ALL the so called myths have been BUSTED many times and even on The Myth-busters show.s TWICE for the nonbelievers. What a laugh it is to hear their are still some still believe in the tooth-fairy and the earth is flat also. LOL LOL