Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: South Dakota + North Dakota = MegaKota?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Fly-over country
    Posts
    6,269

    Default South Dakota + North Dakota = MegaKota?

    3,000 sign petition to combine Dakotas into 'MegaKota'

    Makenzie L Huber, Sioux Falls Argus LeaderPublished 10:08 a.m. CT Jan. 8, 2019 | Updated 2:21 p.m. CT Jan. 9, 2019


    More than 3,000 people have signed an online petition asking President Donald Trump to merge North Dakota and South Dakota into a single state called "MegaKota."
    Dillan Stewart, a change.org user from Fargo, North Dakota, started the petition Sunday, and it went viral.

    His reason for the petition: he thinks it'd "be pretty cool to have a state called MegaKota so yeah."

    Supporters agree that they just really like the idea of a "MegaKota."
    "It's the best idea (of) 2019," said Rune Stamer, a user from Germany.

    https://www.argusleader.com/story/ne...ta/2512102002/


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    "It's the best idea (of) 2019," said Rune Stamer, a user from Germany.
    In a barren field.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Plains, USA
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Does anyone else think that combining two red states would eliminate two republican senators?
    "I never let schooling interfere with my education."

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    3,000 sign petition to combine Dakotas into 'MegaKota'

    Makenzie L Huber, Sioux Falls Argus LeaderPublished 10:08 a.m. CT Jan. 8, 2019 | Updated 2:21 p.m. CT Jan. 9, 2019


    More than 3,000 people have signed an online petition asking President Donald Trump to merge North Dakota and South Dakota into a single state called "MegaKota."
    Dillan Stewart, a change.org user from Fargo, North Dakota, started the petition Sunday, and it went viral.

    His reason for the petition: he thinks it'd "be pretty cool to have a state called MegaKota so yeah."

    Supporters agree that they just really like the idea of a "MegaKota."
    "It's the best idea (of) 2019," said Rune Stamer, a user from Germany.

    https://www.argusleader.com/story/ne...ta/2512102002/

    Millennials need to move away from mom and dad and get a job so they no longer have the time to dream of such foolishness.


    Icom IC-7800; $10,000 New
    King of the Hill & Best Available
    Until Just Recently

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Born on a Mountaintop
    Posts
    9,567

    Default

    I thought North Dakota was kind of liberal.

    May be wrong
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

    "Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Fly-over country
    Posts
    6,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
    I thought North Dakota was kind of liberal.

    May be wrong
    Who would that matter? Congress would have to approve and I don't see their four senators deciding to become only two. It's all about the prospective coolness of the name of the state "Megacota." The proper name if such an highly unlikely reunification would be simply "Dakota."

    Began as a joke; it's still funny. At least it would make room or Porto Rico as a state.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Born on a Mountaintop
    Posts
    9,567

    Default

    It would matter because it might be a rocky marriage if the differences are huge going in
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

    "Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,649

    Default

    What about onekota....like one coat is enough....earl shibe and all...not sur of da spelin, earl was fromda udr sid o da trac...but he got er done in the day. Hundred dolla..
    Educate others to grow our base of informed citizens, it's tyranny. Spread the Gospel.

    Prepare wisely individually. An army runs on it's stomach.

    Network with those who prepare wisely and take advantage of the strength in numbers and the economy of scale.

    Then, when the curtains come down and the truth is evident to an informed citizenry, we unite and fight the new world order.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Fly-over country
    Posts
    6,269

    Default

    Onekota would work for me. The folks there should be consulted about being united as Megakota, Onekota of just stay the two Dakotas the way they are now. It must be admitted that the later option has the virtue of simplicity.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •