Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Napolitano: Wall Funding is Illegal

Too many lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Miradus View Post
    Has he changed? Or has he just stopped agreeing with you?

I never paid an enormous amount of attention to him, but he does seem to normally have a pretty solid legal mind.

Are you a person of solid moral character whose morals don't alter based on how convenient something is for you or whether or not your political opponent is "playing fair"? Do you stand your intellectual and moral ground, even when it's not popular?

I think most of you would be crying foul murder if Obama were doing some of what Trump is threatening to do (to be fair, he hasn't done it yet and it may very well be a bluff and a negotiating tactic). You'd be saying it's the end of the republic and calling him a dictator.

But when it's YOUR strongman you suddenly switched positions and LOVE a strongman executive power.

Did you know the original charter for the United States under the Articles of Confederation didn't even call for a president? They had an inherent distrust of national executives. The modern presidency is largely shaped by that criminal Andrew Jackson and his enormous seizures of executive power. Much of what we consider "normal", like veto power, was born out of what were considered usurpations of executive power at the time.

If Trump can call an "emergency" and use the military to build a wall, could not President Cortez declare a "medical emergency" and instruct all military institutions to immediately start providing free healthcare?

You don't want to let this genie out of the bottle. At least not any further than it already is.
    Do YOU know that the primary responsibility of the President under his oath to protect and defend the constitution is to protect and defend US? If, in his opinion, the best or perhaps only way to fulfill his responsibility is to declare a national emergency - necessitated by the lack of cooperation of the traitors in government- and “build the wall” , then perhaps he is actually fulfilling his divinely-appointed purpose for his existence.
    Prov. 3
    5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

When the sun goes nova, better have your Psalm 91 arrangements made.

So far it still looks like Trump was installed by God for His purpose because no weapon formed against him has hit its mark yet. It seems like every one has turned around and struck the enemy behind it instead.

Leftism Is a Religion Without The Ability To Forgive

Well if we're going to throw around words like "divine appointment" and "installed by God" then it makes me wonder if I'd ever reach you with any rational argument at all.

You do realize that kings and emperors since the dawn of civilization have all claimed divine appointment and to be chosen by God? After the people accept that drivel for a few generations then those kings and emperors move up a notch and start claiming to BE God.

I don't know what's happened to this forum since Trump came on the scene. Otherwise rational people with a healthy distrust of government have thrown all their good sense out the window. "Divinely appointed" indeed.

Well if we're going to throw around words like "divine appointment" and "installed by God" then it makes me wonder...
    I'll throw them around since they are His Words...

Dan 2:21 “And He changes the times and the seasons. He removes sovereigns and raises up sovereigns. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who possess understanding.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

I don't know what's happened to this forum since Trump came on the scene. Otherwise rational people with a healthy distrust of government have thrown all their good sense out the window. "Divinely appointed" indeed.
    So, Miradus, I take it your position is that he is not "appointed" by God for such a time as this? I would appreciate your response to Off Grid's good post. Thanks. By the way, I do respect your healthy distrust of men, too, which is also Biblical.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    Dan 2:21 “And He changes the times and the seasons. He removes sovereigns and raises up sovereigns. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who possess understanding.
    Nobody seemed to think that Obama was God's chosen sovereign, but many think Trump is for some reason. The reasoning seems pretty murky to me. Is it just that he shits on a gold toilet, or is there something else that makes him particularly worthy?

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    So, Miradus, I take it your position is that he is not "appointed" by God for such a time as this? I would appreciate your response to Off Grid's good post. Thanks. By the way, I do respect your healthy distrust of men, too, which is also Biblical.
    My position is that we, from a mortal perspective, must assume that God either allows or disallows any events to happen for His own divine purposes and plan and the reasons and purposes are unfathomable by man.

What if I propose that God divinely appointed Trump to root out the hypocrisy and vileness in the hearts of many of His believers? Those who would trust to a pride-given, wrathful, lustful, breaker-of-vows to save them from the machinations of the powers and principalities of which must, by the same logic, ALSO be divinely appointed?

If Trump is divinely appointed, then thus also must be Pelosi and Schumer.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    I'll throw them around since they are His Words...

Are they His words? Really? Did he change his mind between Daniel and Samuel?

1st Samuel 8

Then all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah 5and said to him, “Behold, you are old and your sons do not walk in your ways. Now appoint for us a king to judge us like all the nations.” 6But the thing displeased Samuel when they said, “Give us a king to judge us.” And Samuel prayed to the Lord. 7And the Lord said to Samuel, “Obey the voice of the people in all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected me from being king over them. 8According to all the deeds that they have done, from the day I brought them up out of Egypt even to this day, forsaking me and serving other gods, so they are also doing to you. 9Now then, obey their voice; only you shall solemnly warn them and show them the ways of the king who shall reign over them.”

So Samuel told all the words of the Lord to the people who were asking for a king from him. 11He said, “These will be the ways of the king who will reign over you: he will take your sons and appoint them to his chariots and to be his horsemen and to run before his chariots. 12And he will appoint for himself commanders of thousands and commanders of fifties, and some to plow his ground and to reap his harvest, and to make his implements of war and the equipment of his chariots. 13He will take your daughters to be perfumers and cooks and bakers. 14He will take the best of your fields and vineyards and olive orchards and give them to his servants. 15He will take the tenth of your grain and of your vineyards and give it to his officers and to his servants. 16He will take your male servants and female servants and the best of your young mena and your donkeys, and put them to his work. 17He will take the tenth of your flocks, and you shall be his slaves. 18And in that day you will cry out because of your king, whom you have chosen for yourselves, but the Lord will not answer you in that day.”

I love that last bit ... in the day when the people are CRYING OUT because of the king they have chosen for themselves, the Lord will not answer them.

So why does God say those who want a king have rejected Him? Why does God warn against kings? And what did God say the king would do to the people? Isn't that more or less what we're having done to us now?

"Divinely appointed" may very well be so, but I present to you the idea that just because something is "divinely appointed" doesn't mean you're going to enjoy it one bit, or that it may bring you to a better place in this mortal world.

Obama was the same as Hillary Clinton but Trump is unlike any President before and many saw him as a giant monkey wrench which could be thrown into the machinery of government. Many Christians believe Trump was Divinely appointed because of Bible prophesy and the 300 or so which have been fulfilled so far and because God said keep a close watch on Israel. Israel is God's timetable for the prophesied return of our Redeemer and Lord, Jesus Christ. Recent events and those now unfolding in the Middle East are ancient prophesies being fulfilled in our lifetime. The war of Ezekiel 38 may be triggered very soon.

Leftism Is a Religion Without The Ability To Forgive