Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grocery stores would run out of food in 3 days if long-haul truckers stopped working

Quote Originally Posted by moestooge View Post
    Totally correct. A truckers strike would be far more devastating than the recent layoffs of some bureaucrats and government drones.
    Indeed, everything travels by truck except the digits that make-up modern banking. Even in my antiquated experience as a router/loader/driver I can say that the economy would halt within 15 days.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    Heavy Sigh
    'Hoarders' (always demonized by The Left because they hate private ownership) have best cover their electronic foot prints, especially in Social Media because thieves are already using that to discover when families will be gone on vacation to plan home robberies, this includes Home Invasions. When food gets expensive/scarce it will become very high on the list of desired items among the professional criminals/raiders that Already target the suburbs and rural areas.
    Just one problem with coming here.

None of them know how to soak beans....................... If they can't pop their Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwich in the nuke, they will starve.

further back in the holler than i was last week

71%? what are the other methods used to transport food? ive never seen a train or car unloading at my local grocery. truckers move EVERYTHING!
    ===============================
    you can't explain crazy 'cause crazy's crazy!!
    just cause youre paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you!
    Veritas vos liberabit

Quote Originally Posted by kytom View Post
    71%? what are the other methods used to transport food? ive never seen a train or car unloading at my local grocery. truckers move EVERYTHING!
    Trains move to distribution centers these days............. Then the Trucks take it to the smaller distribution centers and to the stores.

We have on average 108 Trains a day go past our house carrying containers to the distribution center, and that's a TON of stuff.

This has been the case for almost all of my adult life. I don't know why it should be an awakening to anyone reading this (of all forums) forum.

It's why I went from being a hoarder, to a prepper, to a producer. I think that's the natural progression.

When you first realize the consumer system is going to fail, you consume lots and then store it in your basement or attic. Then when you start to get organized about it and plan for your needs, but are still consuming, you become a prepper and still consume ... but do it with a plan.

Eventually, if you're clever, you move to being a producer, knowing that even the largest cache of "prepped" goods will expire. You learn how to make your own fancy devices and how to set up a homestead for sustainability in an off-grid world.