Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Roger Stone Arrested, Indicted, Faces Obstruction Charge

Guilty on all counts, possibly the first person prosecuted out of many. Not a good idea to lie to Congress or refuse subpoenas.

Roger Stone was found guilty on all counts of obstruction, witness tampering and making false statements to Congress by a jury in Washington, D.C. federal court, after deliberations had been going on since Thursday morning.

The former Trump associate and longtime political operative faced charges that stemmed from Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation.

Stone was accused of providing false statements to the House Intelligence Committee about communications having to do with WikiLeaks, obstructing a congressional investigation of Russian election interference by falsely denying that he had evidence to turn over, and witness tampering.

The prosecution argued that Stone intentionally lied about his use of intermediaries to get information about WikiLeaks’ possession and release of hacked Democratic emails. They said he hid the truth to protect Trump’s campaign.

Stone’s defense maintained that this made no sense because Trump’s campaign did nothing wrong so there was nothing to protect, and Trump was already president at the time. The defense also insisted that Stone did not falsely deny having records related to the House investigation, because the investigation was about Russia, not WikiLeaks.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rog...-mueller-probe

Now that he’s been found guilty Trump can go ahead and pardon him.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell

Police dog 1, bad guy nothin':

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post

Or......thrown out as fruit of the poisonous tree. Mueller, et al are going down.
    "At that time there shall arise Michael, the great prince, guardian of your people; It shall be a time unsurpassed in distress since nations began until that time." (Dn 12:1)

www.call2holiness.org/iniquity.htm

Laura19 is offline Tree of Liberty Supporter

Am I supposed to still love Trump if he doesn’t pardon Roger Stone? What about Julian Assange? What something that’s happened to any Democrat that has been sorrowful these last 3 years? Who do we have locked up? I’m pissed off. Are we really winning? Just doesn’t feel like God’s helping . I’ve been so sick with the flu for almost a week and I’m just in a very defeated mood today

THE END ISN'T NEAR.........IT'S HERE

The problem is not global warming – it is moral cooling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    If he gets a second term probably will pardon many of them convicted of process crimes..
    I hope Stone is one of them but we have to admit that threatening judges and others may not have played well for him in court.
    I hope he rethinks Assange also he should be granted immunity also.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
    If he gets a second term probably will pardon many of them convicted of process crimes..
    I hope Stone is one of them but we have to admit that threatening judges and others may not have played well for him in court.
    I hope he rethinks Assange also he should be granted immunity also.
    Even if he doesnt get a second term, he'll do it after the election. Flynn, Manafort, Stone, Assange, everyone but Cohen will be pardoned.

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us. -- I John 4:18-19

Whoever derides their neighbor has no sense, but the one who has understanding holds their tongue. -- Proverbs 11:12.