Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Luz de Maria

Mary is dead and in her grave awaiting the resurrection.

"At that time there shall arise Michael, the great prince, guardian of your people; It shall be a time unsurpassed in distress since nations began until that time." (Dn 12:1)

www.call2holiness.org/iniquity.htm

She appeared at Fatima, and the Miracle of the Sun was witnessed by 70,000.

Documentary of the apparitions our Our Lady of Fatima, including actual photos and interviews with eyewitnesses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd-DtjJGFGY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiDFs9ro2JM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g16aQKMvRcY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnOniP2eA80
    https://fatima.org/

"Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant was seen within his temple; and there were flashes of lightning, voices, peals of thunder, an earthquake, and heavy hail.

And a great portent appeared in heaven, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars; she was with child and she cried out in her pangs of birth, in anguish for delivery. And another portent appeared in heaven; behold, a great red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems upon his heads. His tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven, and cast them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to bear a child, that he might devour her child when she brought it forth; she brought forth a male child, one who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron, but her child was caught up to God and to his throne, and the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, in which to be nourished for one thousand two hundred and sixty days." (Rv. 11:19-12:6)

"And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman who brought forth the man child. And there were given to the woman two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the desert, unto her place, where she is nourished for a time and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent. And the serpent cast out of his mouth, after the woman, water, as it were a river: that he might cause her to be carried away by the river. And the earth helped the woman: and the earth opened her mouth and swallowed up the river which the dragon cast out of his mouth." (Rv. 12:13-16)

(NB: the Greek word eremos (which means 'wilderness' or 'desert') was used in both instances above, but the translator chose to use 'wilderness' in one place and 'desert' in another.

Behold the Woman Clothed with the Sun

"At that time there shall arise Michael, the great prince, guardian of your people; It shall be a time unsurpassed in distress since nations began until that time." (Dn 12:1)

Quote Originally Posted by The Cub View Post

She appeared at Fatima, and the Miracle of the Sun was witnessed by 70,000.
    Sorry, I have to believe the words of Scripture over false signs and wonders.

"The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post

Prove it.

Prove it.
    Joh 3:13 “And no one has gone up into the heaven except He who came down from the heaven – the Son of Aḏam.

Heb 11:13 In belief all these died, not having received the promises,a but seeing them from a distance, welcomed and embraced them, and confessed that they were aliens and strangers on the earth.

Heb 11:39 And having obtained witness through the belief, all these did not receive the promise,
    Heb 11:40 Elohim having provided what is better for us, that they should not be made perfect apart from us.

Joh 6:39 “This is the desire of the Father who sent Me, that all He has given Me I should not lose of it, but should raise it in the last day.
    Joh 6:40 “And this is the desire of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him should possess everlasting life. And I shall raise him up in the last day.”

1Co 15:22 For as all die in Aḏam, so also all shall be made alive in Messiah.
    1Co 15:23 And each in his own order: Messiah the first-fruits, then those who are of Messiah at His coming,

1Co 15:51 See, I speak a secret to you: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
    1Co 15:52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1Co 15:54 And when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall come to be the word that has been written, “Death is swallowed up in overcoming.”

It's everywhere. Should I continue after you have attempted to explain these away for some false apparition?

"The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

By Scripture, I took it to mean that you believe in the Christian Holy Bible/the Written Word of God.

Prove it.

By Scripture, I took it to mean that you believe in the Christian Holy Bible/the Written Word of God.

Prove it.
    I'm sorry you didn't recognize the Scriptures I posted above. Do you have other Scriptures in mind, or are those verses foreign to you?

I mean you no disrespect OGO, but compiling a string of citations taken out of context and expecting the reader to understand your point does not constitute a proof. I quit playing that game some time ago. I did gaze at your list, but do not have the time nor inclination to read it.

Logical Proof: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formal_proof

Also, see Syllogism and Deductive Reasoning.

You said:

My response was:

Prove it.
    You have neither proved/demonstrated:

1. That you believe in Scripture (I take that to mean the Holy Bible.), nor
    2. That the private prophecies imparted by Jesus Christ, the Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Michael the Archangel via an anonymous visionary (yet to be approved by the Church as worthy of belief) located in Central America and going by the moniker: Luz de Maria is a “false sign and wonder”, nor
    3. That the mystical occurrences consisting of prophecies via locution and/or apparitions by Our Lady at Fatima, Zeitoun or Tepeyac are “false signs and wonders”.

You have provided an unsupported assertion; and a string of citations taken out of context and strung together in a chain. Both of which are of no value.

The Catholic Church, the Pillar and Bulwark of Truth (cf. 1Tm 3:15), investigates such matters by forming a Commission of clergy and laymen trained in theology and the sciences, to study the mystical occurrences, today including without limitation: interviewing the visionaries (and witnesses), detecting any doctrinal errors in messages imparted, and subjecting them to a battery of tests while in ecstasy: EEG, lie detectors, bright lights in their eyes, heat, cold, pin pricks, placing debris in their eyes (to see if they blink), and more.

Typically, these tests are conducted over several decades, before any decision is rendered by the Church.

Everything that I have presented in this thread has either been approved by the Church, and/or carry IMPRIMATURS, or has yet to be approved, as of this date.

Yet, you were able to make your assessment without even reading the information presented herein.

While I did not read your posts, I did give them a quick glance. It appears as though you are attempting to associate the Dogma of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin after her Dormition – not sure; no logical proof presented – with the prophecies of Jesus, the Blessed Virgin and St. Michael; as well as the apparitions of the Virgin at Fatima, Zeitoun and Tepeyac, discussed herein.

These events are mutually exclusive.

This thread deals with the mystical occurrences listed, not the Assumption. If you would like to discuss the Assumption, you (or I, if you prefer) can start another thread on the Assumption….and discuss it there.

I await your proofs of items 1, 2 and 3 above.

I am willing to assist, to the extent I can, in understanding these matters.

Otherwise, we can agree to enter each other’s name in our respective Ignore List, and move on.

but do not have the time nor inclination to read it.
    That's OK...I'm sure others took the time to read it.