Thread: faraday cage question

Default faraday cage question

Do you think a bankers box (cardboard)double wrapped in aluminum foil would make an effective faraday cage? I was also considering using a metal trash can.
    I would probably want to line either of these with some kind of foam rubber. Where is a good source of foam rubber? I haven't really looked for it yet, but I can't remember noticing it at any of the stores I usually go to.
    Thanks for your help.
    What will you say on judgment day?

The bankers win every war.

When growing food is outlawed I'll BE an outlaw.

Get a metal trash can, line it w/ cheap campers sleeping mats, put your goods in lined ammo cans, put inside trash can
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

"Eggcrate" foam sleeping pads are available at WalMart. If not in your's, check their web site.
    ". . . for the time has come for you to awaken from your slumber. . . " Romans 13:11

Thanks guys.Some of the stuff I want to protect will fit in ammo cans, and I think harbor freight has cheap ones.I already have a metal garbage can.
    I've never heard anyone say this but, I don't think an EMP would be a one time event.If an enemy sent another EMP a couple weeks after the first one they would probably take out at least half of what survived the first one.
    What will you say on judgment day?

The bankers win every war.

When growing food is outlawed I'll BE an outlaw.

Back in 1999 I made a "Faraday Blanket." Never had to use it so it's in my basement somewhere.

ETA: It's the second EMP several months later that's gonna ruin all the gear you just took out of your Faraday Cage....
    Remember the Prepper's Motto: "Panic early and avoid the rush!"
    Everything I post is Fiction and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.
    88 = Heil Hitler

lots of cheap walki-talkies, bought in sets of 4 or more, it doesn't matter if they are just CB or MRS all bands will be seized for Govt use and CD broadcasts will be All Band. Low power use should be safe from ease-dropping bad guys yet still usable for comms.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."