Thread: Holy Yoga??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Holy Yoga??

We left our last church of 12 years now nearly two years ago and found a great church that I would say is very grounded in the Bible. We haven't actually become members yet. Not for any reason, just haven't yet. I haven't said anything to the leadership when the worship team would have us sing 'Reckless Love'. Now, as I was scrolling through Facebook last night I see that a lady in the church is offering Holy Yoga tomorrow night. It was never brought up in the announcements. I find it ironic that just yesterday after church I and a member were talking about things and this actually came up, as in how can Christians participate in it.
    I suppose I should talk to someone, but I'm sure I have no leverage since I'm not a member. I don't want to leave another church and start over. How bad is this really? Am I overacting?

My comment may be unqualified but here's my reaction. I think Yoga entertains the philosophy of "emptying" one's mind while performing the movements or positions of Yoga. I would think this notion contrary to scripture telling us that we should constantly be prayerful. I realize we are not "always" praying, but it is something we should be doing when we have moments not taken up with other things.

agreed...tough to separate the mind portion from the physical exercise. It can be done but.... prep and pray the end has arrived.

As someone who attends this church does this effect me? I know my wife won't attend the classes ever. This might be a one time event, that, was canceled do to a blizzard. How much heresy or apostasy makes a church too tainted to attend? It seems like our region is becoming a Hot Bed for NAR stuff as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Hpwillis View Post
    How much heresy or apostasy...
    Do yourself a favor and do a word search on the word "apostasia" in the NT. It's a quick study since the word is only used TWICE. The context is unmistakable.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Maybe bring it up with the pastor. He is the leader of the flock and i would want to know what his view is
    Yoga is a religion. It is not innocent
    Each pose is a form of worship to a diety so it is not something to be ignored
    But maybe the pastor doesn't know it is taking place
    I will make man scarcer than pure gold. more rare than the gold of Ophir
    Isaiah 13.12

Quote Originally Posted by Hpwillis View Post
    As someone who attends this church does this effect me? I know my wife won't attend the classes ever. This might be a one time event, that, was canceled do to a blizzard. How much heresy or apostasy makes a church too tainted to attend? It seems like our region is becoming a Hot Bed for NAR stuff as of late.
    Well, Jesus said to beware the leaven of the pHARISEES, and a little of it leavens the whole loaf....the apostasy referred by Off-Grid...a falling away from the faith?