Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The full horror of Jussie Smollett's botched plot starting to scare progs

Kim Foxx’s Chief Ethics Officer, Integrity Unit Director Resign Following Smollett Controversy

Fleeing the sinking ship.
    Via Fox News:
    CHICAGO – Two ranking executives inside the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office have submitted their resignations — including State’s Attorney Kim Foxx’s chief ethics officer, April Perry, whom Foxx cited as the person who advised her to “recuse” herself from the Jussie Smollett case that has rocked the Chicago office, Fox News learned Thursday.
    Mark Rotert, the director of the office’s Conviction Integrity Unit, has also submitted his resignation, according to a Foxx spokesperson. Perry and Rotert are scheduled to work their last days on the job in May.
    “While I feel lucky to have been able to spend the last 15 years of my career in public service, I am looking forward to my next endeavor in the private sector where I have the opportunity to continue to work toward increasing the safety of our community,” Perry wrote in an April 15 letter obtained by Fox News via a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request.
    Chicago’s top prosecutor has been criticized for how she handled Smollett’s criminal case — including her questionable recusal and how her office suddenly dropped the charges against the 36-year-old “Empire” actor on March 26.
    Keep reading…
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Prosecutor Kim Foxx And First Deputy Subpoenaed For Hearing Over Handling Of Smollett Case, Smollett Required To Appear

Wow. The walls are closing in on her.
    Via Page Six:
    Chicago’s top prosecutor, Kim Foxx, has been subpoenaed to appear at a hearing over her handling of the Jussie Smollett case, according to a new report.
    The Cook County state’s attorney was slapped with the subpoena by a retired judge who’s pushing for the appointment of a special prosecutor to look into how Foxx dealt with the controversial case, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.
    Ex-appellate Judge Sheila O’Brien also subpoenaed Foxx’s top deputy Joseph Magats, and filed a document requesting that Smollett appear at the hearing, the report said.
    Foxx came under fire when her office suddenly dropped 16 felony disorderly conduct charges against the “Empire” TV actor. Smollett, who is black and gay, was accused of staging a hate-crime attack on himself for personal gain and lying to cops about it.
    Keep reading…

Kim Foxx Fighting Subpoenas, Effort To Have Special Prosecutor Over Handling Of Smollett Case

Gee, wonder why?
    Via Fox32:
    CHICAGO (AP) – Chicago’s top prosecutor is fighting a push to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate her office’s handling of the case against actor Jussie Smollett.
    Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx says she’d welcome an independent probe into her office’s dismissal of felony disorderly conduct charges that accused Smollett of staging a racist and anti-gay attack on himself. But the Chicago Sun-Times reports she filed a motion Tuesday opposing retired appellate judge Sheila O’Brien’s demand for a special prosecutor.
    Keep reading…

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    Kim Foxx Fighting Subpoenas, Effort To Have Special Prosecutor Over Handling Of Smollett Case

Gee, wonder why?
    Via Fox32:
    CHICAGO (AP) – Chicago’s top prosecutor is fighting a push to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate her office’s handling of the case against actor Jussie Smollett.
    Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx says she’d welcome an independent probe into her office’s dismissal of felony disorderly conduct charges that accused Smollett of staging a racist and anti-gay attack on himself. But the Chicago Sun-Times reports she filed a motion Tuesday opposing retired appellate judge Sheila O’Brien’s demand for a special prosecutor.
    Keep reading…

Special prosecutor could find other "Criminal actions" not related to Smollett?

Default Brainletts

Just listening yesterday to the local Chicago radio, this could get very ugly, very quickly.

Evidently from someone who has seen the evidence, this wasn't something even a first day Prosecutor could lose...............

Donald Trump: Jussie Smollett Hoax a ‘Hate Crime’ Against My Supporters

Breitbart - May 26, 2019 -
    “In addition to great incompetence and corruption, The Smollett case in Chicago is also about a Hate Crime,” Trump wrote on Twitter.

More Smollett: Foxx’s Office Negotiated Public Statement With His Lawyers

They actually worked together on the public statement that would be made. Let’s just say that’s extremely unusual to accede to the requests of the defense like this, especially given they allegedly had so much evidence.
    Via Hot Air:
    Yesterday, Ed looked into parts of the trove of more than 300 documents from the Jussie Smollett hate crime hoax that were released to the public. He focused on the way the Chicago PD was totally misled by Kim Foxx’s office in terms of whether there would be any sort of admission of guilt involved when the charges were suddenly and mysteriously dropped. That was bad enough, but it turns out there were more surprises waiting in the Friday document drop.
    As the dismissal of the case approached, the Chief of the Criminal Prosecutions Bureau in Chicago, Risa Lanier, was texting madly back and forth with Smollett’s lawyers to make sure they were happy with the wording of the upcoming announcement. (NY Post)
    Judge who helped illegal alien escape would like her salary reinstated
    Prosecutors bent over backwards to keep Smollett’s lawyers happy, texts released by the state’s attorney’s office Friday night show.
    “We are still bouncing around language to use in court tomorrow,” Risa Lanier, chief of the criminal prosecutions bureau, texted Smollett lawyer Patricia Brown Holmes on March 25, on the eve of the charges being dropped.
    “As soon as I receive the final draft I will send it to you,” she promised.
    Five hours later, Lanier does send the draft statement, apologizing, “Sorry for the delay.”
    Keep readin