Thread: The 'Bottomless Pit' Unveiled...

Default The 'Bottomless Pit' Unveiled...

Simple K-12 math proves that the ‘bottomless pit’ cannot be only a physical place….
    For if it has no bottom, it by simple math would require infinite volume to physically be… ANYTHING solely physical.

Likewise, it could have no solely physical ‘sides’, since there exists no physically possible 3D ’shape’ that can be positively determined by specifying only 5 of the required 6 volume restraints. Even in the entire universe, whether infinite or not, the sole option is that the TOTALITY of the universe must be the ’pit’…

This is not conjecture, nor ‘mind games‘… it is merely, simple, elementary math.

The conundrum people simply cannot face is that the Word of God says that the ’bottomless pit’ does indeed exist, and furthermore, it is both real and physical…

AND, of course, God’s Word is true.

Hence, there is only one choice for the existence of such a ‘bottomless pit’… Namely, the mind of man. The mind of mankind has no ‘thought’ bounds. An individual can imagine absolutely anything, Ill or benevolent, and with speed far exceeding that of the speed of light. That is the ‘real’ part.

The ‘physical’ part exists only when one‘s ‘thoughts’ become action. EVERY action of man must be first conceived in his mind, from using their hands to ’DO’ to using their mouth to speak.

Scripture addresses this as ones ‘bottomless pit’ having either been SEALED by God, (ie, spiritually having a bottom limit), or having the MARK of the creation, (ie. natural man, which is but beast.) The natural man has no such limit for their ‘bottomless pit’.

All know that the seal or mark is placed IN one’s forehead. The forehead protects the human brain’s frontal lobes.

Humans have the largest frontal lobes of any animal (beast).The frontal lobes are associated with higher-level functions such as self-control, planning, logic and abstract thought — basically, "the things that make us particularly human".,

Thus, dear reader, EACH individual has their very own bottomless pit, to use as they feel fit.. The ‘mark’ of natural man (beast) has no bottom to their ‘pit’. The Seal of God places a bottom in one’s pit.

Comprehending the above is the two edged sword for dividing the Word of God into portions which can be used to nourish or destroy both ones body and Spirit.

Consider Gods Statement to Job, which came directly from the Lord, yet many will not accept.

Job 40:
    11 Cast abroad the rage of thy wrath: and behold every one that is proud, and abase him.
    12 Look on every one that is proud, and bring him low; and tread down the wicked in their place.
    13 Hide them in the dust together; and bind their faces in secret.
    14 Then will I also confess unto thee that thine own right hand can save thee. (KJV)

That's an interesting take.
    Educate others to grow our base of informed citizens, it's tyranny. Spread the Gospel.

Prepare wisely individually. An army runs on it's stomach.

Network with those who prepare wisely and take advantage of the strength in numbers and the economy of scale.

Then, when the curtains come down and the truth is evident to an informed citizenry, we unite and fight the new world order.

It may be an interesting take, and "watchman" may already disgard, as noted in their statement, any analyst to the contrary, but there are definately some ....call them "errors in the OP.

Simple K-12 math proves that the ‘bottomless pit’ cannot be only a physical place….
    For if it has no bottom, it by simple math would require infinite volume to physically be… ANYTHING solely physical.
    'Course it may be that the answer lies in physics in stead of simple K-12 math.

The center of a sphere is bottomless. Take any sphere, a ball, of any size, including earth, and at the very center it is bottomless. From the point of the center, in any direction one may go, you are going "up". I guess one could also use the term "out".

Here are the 7 verses that "bottomless pit" appears in scripture, all in Revelation:

Rev_9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

Rev_9:2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

Rev_9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Rev_11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

Rev_17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Rev_20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

Rev_20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
    If one where to allegorize them to mean "the mind", there would be a lot of heavy lifting, and hoop jumping to make it/them fit.

"Occam's razor" would seem to fit in this particular area. In that the simplest answer is the best.

Occam's razor
    (also
    Ockham's razor
    or
    Ocham's razor
    (
    Latin
    :
    novacula Occami
    ); further known as the
    law of parsimony
    (Latin:
    lex parsimoniae
    ) is the problem-solving
    principle
    that essentially states that "simpler solutions are more likely to be correct than complex ones." When presented with competing
    hypotheses
    to solve a problem, one should select the solution with the fewest assumptions. The idea is attributed to English
    Franciscan
    friar
    William of Ockham
    (
    c.
    1287–1347), a
    scholastic
    philosopher and
    theologian
    The simplest answer is: the bottomless pit is at the center of the earth. Especially in light of the 7 verses found in the Bible, "the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit".

There is also another place of contention.

"Sealed" can mean unable to escape. Or a boundary, unable to enter. Unable to enter or exit. As a prison, and such is the verses noted, and could be the center of the earth.

Namely, the mind of man. The mind of mankind has no ‘thought’ bounds.
    That would be to do evil. Man has no, none, zero, limit on his capacity to imagine evil. However, because man is born into sin, he has no, none, zero, capacity to imagine holiness.

The verses in Job are absolutely true. In that, even if all the evil men were put away, man would still not have the ability to save himself, by his own hand. He was born into sin.

2 cents
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    Here are the 7 verses that "bottomless pit" appears in scripture, all in Revelation:

If one where to allegorize them to mean "the mind", there would be a lot of heavy lifting, and hoop jumping to make it/them fit.
    "Sealed" can mean unable to escape. Or a boundary, unable to enter. Unable to enter or exit. As a prison, and such is the verses noted, and could be the center of the earth.

That would be to do evil. Man has no, none, zero, limit on his capacity to imagine evil. However, because man is born into sin, he has no, none, zero, capacity to imagine holiness.

The verses in Job are absolutely true. In that, even if all the evil men were put away, man would still not have the ability to save himself, by his own hand. He was born into sin.
    Good to see you Cary! And some good thoughts too.

I don't know if it is correct or not but I tend to see the spiritual realm like a 4th dimension. It is all around but you can't see it. And rather than being of the mind or ethereal, it is more real than our 3 dimensional space.

Quote Originally Posted by Forty9er View Post
    Good to see you Cary! And some good thoughts too.

I don't know if it is correct or not but I tend to see the spiritual realm like a 4th dimension. It is all around but you can't see it. And rather than being of the mind or ethereal, it is more real than our 3 dimensional space.
    Good to see you too.

Thanks and yours as well. And I do agree with your assessment, as well.

My comments were only intended as a Physical Place that can have no bottom-bottom less. And the sphere is such a place. BTW it's also an argument for a spherical earth. As one notes "they" came up out of the bottomless pit". Just saying, and comparing to Abraham's Bosom.

The sealed part is that they can't escape until the "restraint" is removed, or "opened". And no one can enter until they die. Both of which aren't totally without exception. Even then the door must be opened to allow entrance, or exit.

There is just so much we don't know about that 4th dimension, as you say. There are angels that are bound with chains, but yet demons walk among us. And then "there are more that are with us, than with them." Meaning good angels.

So IMHO the OP although it may be interesting, doesn't hold water. But that's just me.

ETA: Though a lot about you lately, wondered how you were doing? And if you were still with us.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

So IMHO the OP although it may be interesting, doesn't hold water. But that's just me.
    Yes, and as you were saying, there would be a lot of hoop jumping to take all the references to the bottomless pit in Rev and make them only refer to the "mind".

ETA: Though a lot about you lately, wondered how you were doing? And if you were still with us.
    I'm doing well, just getting older. Hope you and Sherree are well, especially with the health issues you have had recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Forty9er View Post
    I'm doing well, just getting older. Hope you and Sherree are well, especially with the health issues you have had recently.
    Good to hear. Just so you don't feel that you are alone. I'm getting older as well. LOL Doing much better, although they are still having trouble regulating my blood pressure. Sherree says it's due to me being so ornery.

All the organs that deal with BP seem to be ok at present, so it's a bit of a mystery. Just having to keep a check on it, and regulate the med's accordingly (lot of trouble).

So glad you are well. So how old are you now-29? LOL
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Just speculation, but what if it is a black hole?
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Bottomless pit? I wonder what the Flat Earthers around here think of this?
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/