Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: God, Give Us Prophets

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    The way you're carrying on I got the impression that Christianity's (moose limbs)whole raison d'être was to go around stoning people
    When one is dealing with KingsX Islam and Christianity becomes a distinction without a difference.
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
    It appears that our self-proclaimed prophet is stuck in the Old Testament and doesn't know the merciful God of the New Testament.
    Not a scholar of scripture ... or anything else for that matter but a lot of folks is going to be disappointed in regards to this anticipated "mercy".

This mercy, as it's presented, as well as a number of other Biblical tidbits that many of us embrace to give ourselves some peace of mind ... and excuses, are concoctions of them who would subjugate many of the rest of us and it works.

KingsX appears to be a bit of a strange bird but I believe this is because "wee" ain't accustomed to such strangeness. Wee be accustomed to all the feel good, sugar coated notations of our shortcomings and the simple manner presented by our shepherds as to how to circumvent the consequences.

O.W.

Laura19 is offline Tree of Liberty Supporter

"KingsX appears to be a bit of a strange bird but I believe this is because "wee" ain't accustomed to such strangeness. Wee be accustomed to all the feel good, sugar coated notations of our shortcomings and the simple manner presented by our shepherds as to how to circumvent the consequences."

On many levels that is very true, Oscar. I don't like feel good, sugar coated, that's why I started this thread in the first place. But killing gays today is not what I had in mind.

THE END ISN'T NEAR.........IT'S HERE

The problem is not global warming – it is moral cooling.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
    stuck in the Old Testament and doesn't know the merciful God of the New Testament.
    Mal 3:6 “For I am יהוה, I shall not change...Heb 13:8 יהושע Messiah is the same yesterday, and today, and forever.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

I'm reminded of Shinmen Takezo but IIRC he was not Bible centered
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Laura19 View Post
    But killing gays today is not what I had in mind.
    I understand Laura and in the grand scheme the homosexualists aren't the issue.

In this regard THIS issue is a part of OUR test, how we react / address it. Father of course KNEW there would be such.

Man wrote of this to remove the scrutiny from themselves ... this conduct which has become apparent through the decades.

Publicly condemned by those who have been and are now actively exploiting our children ... were my child discovered to be a victim?

Following a very brief consult with Father ... actually, begging His Forgiveness, well ....

But to your OP I believe Sam addressed it but I don't think it was directed to you. I believe he was speaking to whom was making the request.

See, folks think in terms of that with which they are familiar or have a preconceived ... understanding.

As an example "we were made in His Image." In our present state, Father Does not Look as we do and we do not resemble Him.

Father Has Provided us messengers in the past, you've read of them, we all have and they weren't very well recieved

O.W.

Amos 7:10-17
    10 Then Amaziah the priest of Bethel sent to Jeroboam king of Israel, saying, Amos hath conspired against thee in the midst of the house of Israel: the land is not able to bear all his words.
    11 For thus Amos saith, Jeroboam shall die by the sword, and Israel shall surely be led away captive out of their own land.
    12 Also Amaziah said unto Amos, O thou seer, go, flee thee away into the land of Judah, and there eat bread, and prophesy there:
    13 But prophesy not again any more at Bethel: for it is the king's chapel, and it is the king's court.
    14 Then answered Amos, and said to Amaziah, I was no prophet, neither was I a prophet's son; but I was an herdman, and a gatherer of sycomore fruit:
    15 And the LORD took me as I followed the flock, and the LORD said unto me, Go, prophesy unto my people Israel.
    16 Now therefore hear thou the word of the LORD: Thou sayest, Prophesy not against Israel, and drop not thy word against the house of Isaac.
    17 Therefore thus saith the LORD; Thy wife shall be an harlot in the city, and thy sons and thy daughters shall fall by the sword, and thy land shall be divided by line; and thou shalt die in a polluted land: and Israel shall surely go into captivity forth of his land.(KJV)

And Yet Again:

Isa 30:8-13
    8 Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever:
    9 That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD:
    10 Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:
    11 Get you out of the way, turn aside out of the path, cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us.
    12 Wherefore thus saith the Holy One of Israel, Because ye despise this word, and trust in oppression and perverseness, and stay thereon:
    13 Therefore this iniquity shall be to you as a breach ready to fall, swelling out in a high wall, whose breaking cometh suddenly at an instant. (KJV)

Laura19 is offline Tree of Liberty Supporter

What's the point you are making, Watchman?

THE END ISN'T NEAR.........IT'S HERE

The problem is not global warming – it is moral cooling.