Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: God, Give Us Prophets

How ironic... I won't bother to explain the irony.
    Explanation is futile when the die has been cast.

Explain the irony ?

Are you a closet executioner of homosexuals, as per your repeated reference to “God’s commands”, or are you just talking ?

Quote Originally Posted by KingsX View Post

Those who think they are now exempt from God's laws, judgments and punishments had better rethink.

Not exempt, but what is a believers part?

Rom 12:18 If possible, on your part, be at peace with all men.
    Rom 12:19 Beloved, do not revenge yourselves, but give place to the wrath, for it has been written, ”Vengeance is Mine, I shall repay,” says יהוה. Deu_32:35.
    Rom 12:20 “Instead, if your enemy hungers, feed him; if he thirsts, give him a drink, for in so doing you shall heap coals of fire on his head.” Pro_25:21-22.
    Rom 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

It appears that our self-proclaimed prophet is stuck in the Old Testament and doesn't know the merciful God of the New Testament.

She likes wrath.
    I'd hate to live with her.

Hate the sin but love the sinner, KingsX.
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

Those who think they are now exempt from God's laws, judgments and punishments had better rethink.
    And what makes you think that God appointed you to be His earthly representative? To enforce His Laws, Pass Judgement and mete out punishments? Good luck trying that on these ladies!

Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post

It appears that our self-proclaimed prophet is stuck in the Old Testament and doesn't know the merciful God of the New Testament.

The Bible is one book. Those who do not read and understand the OT will not understand the NT.

Jesus fulled OT prophecies. Jesus and His disciples quoted the OT. Paul said the OT is our instructor in righteousness.

Jesus Christ is the incarnation of the God of Israel, our Lawgiver. God's laws are the Bible's moral absolutes. Jesus kept God's laws [His laws] perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post

Hate the sin but love the sinner.

THAT phrase is NOT in the Bible.

The Biblical definition of sin is transgression of God's law.

Under God's law, certain sins require punishment of the sinner, including death.

THAT phrase is NOT in the Bible.

The Biblical definition of sin is transgression of God's law.

Under God's law, certain sins require punishment of the sinner, including death.
    Did Jesus and the Apostles run around stoning the occupying Romans for being a bunch of degenerate Pagans? If not, why not?

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

Quote Originally Posted by Bezukhov View Post

Did Jesus and the Apostles run around stoning the occupying Romans for being a bunch of degenerate Pagans? If not, why not?

To understand that, one must first understand the story the Bible tells [ALL the Bible, OT and NT.]

During the time of Jesus Christ, pagan Rome and Rome's Edomite-jew client kings ruled Judea.

God incarnated as Jesus... but not to establish God's Kingdom in that evil world order.

As Jesus said, He was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.

There was only a small portion of Israelites living in Judea.

The vast majority of all 12 tribes of Israel were living abroad as gentiles [ie, nations.] James 1:1

God incarnated as Jesus to die for God's people, Israel, so they would all... all 12 tribes... be remarried to God. They are collectively the Bride of Christ who will be resurrected/changed into perfection at Christ's second coming and will enter God's New Jerusalem [which has 12 gates one for each of the tribes of Israel] at that future time... which begins God's new age.

See my related posts on this topic:

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...od-have-a-wife

To understand that, one must first understand the story the Bible tells [ALL the Bible, OT and NT.]

During the time of Jesus Christ, pagan Rome and Rome's Edomite-jew client kings ruled Judea.

God incarnated as Jesus... but not to establish God's Kingdom in that evil world order.

As Jesus said, He was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.

There was only a small portion of Israelites living in Judea.

The vast majority of all 12 tribes of Israel were living abroad as gentiles [ie, nations.] James 1:1

God incarnated as Jesus to die for God's people, Israel, so they would all... all 12 tribes... be remarried to God. They are collectively the Bride of Christ who will be resurrected/changed into perfection at Christ's second coming and will enter God's New Jerusalem [which has 12 gates one for each of the tribes of Israel] at that future time... which begins God's new age.

See my related posts on this topic:

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...od-have-a-wife

The way you're carrying on I got the impression that Christianity's whole raison d'être was to go around stoning people.

Gandalf the Grey

My Disqus channel:

Quote Originally Posted by Bezukhov View Post
    The way you're carrying on I got the impression that Christianity's whole raison d'être was to go around stoning people.
    The way you're carrying on I got the impression that Christianity's (moose limbs)whole raison d'être was to go around stoning people
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."