Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does God have a wife ?

I will post truths about the Bible and Bible-related history... and I will further explain those truths.

I have done both on this topic.

I sow the seeds... God decides where those seeds fall and whether or not they produce fruit.

I don't engage in never-ending talmudic debates over the Bible because it usurps God's role.

Not that it will matter to the state seminary sanctioned and otherwise institutionalized posters, herein, KingsX, but I am with you, on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Adams View Post
    Not that it will matter to the state seminary sanctioned and otherwise institutionalized posters, herein, KingsX, but I am with you, on this one.
    Good to see you too, Sam. But I'm not sure who you are referring to. I have no affiliation, association, or otherwise loyalty to any seminary, state sanctioned or not. I just try to explain what God has revealed in His Word, all of it, without pulling verses out of context to try to make a point that is not consistent with the rest of Scripture. And in regard to institutionalized posters, do you mean the ones that are in or should be in a mental institution?

When you say that you are with KingsX on this one, exactly which one of his false teachings are you referring to?

The one that says that the people who are identified as "Jewish" today are not actually physical descendants of Jacob and Abraham and have no right to claim otherwise or to live in the land of Israel?

Or the one that says that in order to be saved a person has to be an Israelite, a descendant of the people in the northern kingdom who were sent into captivity among the "nations" and became the Gentiles, since Christ was only sent to the "lost sheep of Israel"?

Or maybe you are referring to another one of his false teachings that I haven't listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Adams View Post
    Same here, but 49er is never wrong so I never bother with him anymore. He's to dispensationalized to think clearly.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

I see Forty9er didn't waste any time misquoting me.

Anyone who wants to know what I actually posted... read my posts...
    don't read Forty9er's intentional misquotes of what I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by KingsX View Post

If you are going to engage him, get use to it. It's pointless with a darby/scofield mentality...all designed to get people to NOT walk as Messiah set example.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Anyone who wants to know what I actually posted... read my posts...
    don't read Forty9er's intentional misquotes of what I posted.

If I have not accurately stated what you believe please correct the record and let me know so I can apologize. That is a sincere request.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post

If you are going to engage him, get use to it. It's pointless with a darby/scofield mentality...all designed to get people to NOT walk as Messiah set example.

Reminds me of how Jesus' enemies would follow Him around to try to circumvent His message.
    They even tried to trick Jesus to disobey God's law [ie, woman THEY ACCUSED of adultery.]
    The irony is... they were unable to trip Jesus up in the details of God's law... because Jesus is God !!

Quote Originally Posted by Forty9er View Post

If I have not accurately stated what you believe please correct the record and let me know so I can apologize. That is a sincere request

All 12 tribes of Israel in the gentile diaspora became Christians... not just the 10 northern tribes.

When Cyrus conquered Babylon and liberated Israelites of the Southern kingdom... only a portion of the Southern tribes of Israel returned back to the holy land to rebuild Jerusalem and the temple. Their descendants [like Jesus' disciples] became Christians first... then they took the good news of Israel's Messiah, the God of Israel incarnated, to the 12 tribes of Israel who were scattered abroad [James 1:1.]

There were many called "jews" in the holy land who were NOT Israelites. They were descended from Edomites [Israel's OT enemy] who had lost a war against Israel in the 2nd century BC, then feigned "conversion" to being "jews" en masse so they could live in the Kingdom of Israel. Such conversion of non-Israelite foreigners was forbidden. Israel's Hasmonean dynasty was destroyed for this grave sin. Edomite-jew Herod conquered Jerusalem in 37BC [with the help of Rome] and became Rome's client king of Judea. Herod murdered the remaining Israelite Hasmonean royal heirs. Herod also destroyed the second temple, the temple Cyrus decreed built, which ironically placed King Darius' ancient curse [Ezra 6] on the ill-fated Edomite-jew Herod dynasty !

Reminds me of how Jesus' enemies would follow Him around to try to circumvent His message.
    They even tried to trick Jesus to disobey God's law [ie, woman THEY ACCUSED of adultery.]
    The irony is... they were unable to trip Jesus up in the details of God's law... because Jesus is God !!

People getting eaten by wolves...

Would You Know If A Wolf Was Devouring You?

Not necessarily (we will get to this in a minute); unless you can identify how this animal term is used. Messiah warned often of this, but do folks know what He was referencing? It seems most do not.

Luk 10:3 “Go! See, I send you out as lambs into the MIDST OF WOLVES Mat 7:15 “But beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are SAVAGE WOLVES. Mat 10:16 “See, I send you out as sheep in the MIDST OF WOLVES. Therefore be wise as serpents and innocent as doves.
    We see Paul spoke about it too: Act 20:29-30 “For I know this, that after my departure SAVAGE WOLVES shall come in among you, not sparing the flock.“Also from among yourselves men shall arise, speaking distorted teachings, to draw away the taught ones after themselves.

Of course there were no writings such as the above at the time; these testimonies came later. What they were reading and referencing came straight from the TaNaK…the ONLY Scriptures they had. Let’s look at how these WOLVES are described…

Eze 22:26-27 “Her priests have done violence to My teaching and they profane My set-apart matters. They have not distinguished between the set-apart and profane, nor have they made known the difference between the unclean and the clean. And they have hidden their eyes from My Sabbaths, and I am profaned in their midst. “Her leaders in her midst are like WOLVES tearing the prey, to shed blood, to destroy lives, and to get greedy gain.

Well, that was clear. These WOLVES were doing violence to His set-apart matters. Of note, no distinction between clean and unclean, they refused His Sabbaths…the result is He is profaned, the WOLVES were devouring their prey by these actions…destroying lives for greedy gain.

Zep 3:3-4 Her rulers in her midst are roaring lions, her judges are evening WOLVES they shall leave no bone until morning. Her prophets are reckless, treacherous men. Her priests have profaned the set-apart place, they have done VIOLENCE TO THE TORAH.

Another clear reference above, describing those WOLVES as profaning His set-apart; and doing violence to His Torah; reckless and treacherous men who do this. Hmmm…sounds like modern day Christianity. “Jesus is my Sabbath” – “That old law was for Jews, Jesus nailed it to the cross” – “Dogs, cats, rats, mice, and swine are now acceptable foods if you pray over it”. Here is the danger for believing such – you are leaving yourselves wide open for strong delusion; you may not even be aware that the WOLVES are eating you alive right now!

2Th 2:7-11 For the secret of LAWLESSNESS is already at work – only until he who now restrains comes out of the midst. And then the LAWLESS one shall be revealed, whom the Master shall consume with the Spirit of His mouth and bring to naught with the manifestation of His coming. The coming of the LAWLESS one is according to the working of Satan, with all power and signs and wonders of falsehood, and with all deceit of unrighteousness in those perishing, because they did not receive the love of the truth, in order for them to be saved. And FOR THIS REASON ELOHIM SENDS THEM A WORKING OF DELUSION, for them TO BELIEVE THE FALSEHOOD.

Most folks like to quote Paul in this regard, though he kept and taught Torah also. Here is a dire warning given to those who twist Paul's words (and other Scriptures) into LAWLESSNESS and ultimately destruction ...

2Pe 3:16-17 as also in all his letters, speaking in them concerning these matters, in which some are hard to understand,1 which those who are untaught and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do also the other Scriptures. You, then, beloved ones, being forewarned, watch, lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the DELUSION OF THE LAWLESS…

Nothing new under the sun.

1Co 10:11-12 And all these came upon them as examples, and they were written as a warning to us, on whom the ends of the ages have come, so that he who thinks he stands, let him take heed lest he fall.