Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Does God have a wife ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bezukhov View Post
    And you agree with me that your God has the same mental and emotional characteristics as a six year old pouring salt on snails?
    Things are seldom as they seem......but even so, what if you find that said God really is at the top of the celestial food chain, and that His is the only program out there ?

See my related post on this topic:

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...80#post2770680

I always enjoy the nit picking that goes on here sometimes. Matthew 22:37-40 among other very clear Scripture sort of sums things up for me. I place my trust in our Lord Jesus. If I had to be a Jew of one of the 12 tribes in order to be saved, I think Scripture could be much shorter and the NT would begin by saying, If you are not a Jew don't bother with this Book.

FWIW, pre-exilic Jews were not all strict monotheists. (Hence the wording of the 1st Commandment, which wasn't a claim that the other gods were false or imaginary, or even that people shouldn't give them any worship. Just that old Yahweh insisted on primacy.) I've seen articles in various places adducing archaeological evidence that Yahweh did indeed have a wife (or consort, or whatever). Here's a Wikipedia article on "Asherah," who is sometimes identified as such: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashera...rael_and_Judah

Yup, Wikipedia is the New New Testament.

Quote Originally Posted by grampster View Post
    Yup, Wikipedia is the New New Testament.
    If you don't like the news, don't blame the newspaper. Blame reality instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwump View Post
    News
    Newspaper
    Reality
    One of these things is not like the others!
    And so perfectly suited to your ethics, Merchant!
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwump View Post

My comment that elicited the above was sarcasm.