Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Does God have a wife ?

Quote Originally Posted by Forty9er View Post
    Those verses don't actually say that the Ethiopian had dark skin. So I think what must have happened is that Candace, queen of the Ethiopians didn't have someone in Ethiopia who could manage her treasure so she imported a white skinned person from one of the Germanic tribes in central "Christian" Europe, and as we know, they are one of the lost sheep of Israel.
    Yeah, right, of course. Whenever the word "Ethiopian" is mentioned the very first image that should pop into everyone's head is of some light skinned dude wearing a yarmulke.
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

There is nothing in the text to suggest the man from Ethiopia was black [ie, not an Israelite.] That he read scripture and had came to Jerusalem to worship tells me he was an Israelite.

In ancient times, Israelites lived in Egypt and Ethiopia [which was called Cush or Kush in ancient times.] Zephaniah 3:10 tells us that God's Israel people had also been scattered into Cush.

Many Israelites left the holy land for Egypt to try to escape Babylonian captivity. Ironically, God sent Babylon to conquer Egypt. Cyrus' son also conquered Egypt and it became part of the Persian empire as was the holy land at that time. There is an historical record of Persian king Darius II proclaiming the date of Passover to the Israelites who lived in the south of Egypt near Cush. There was an Israelite community and temple at the Southern border of Egypt [in ancient times, Cush bordered Egypt in the South.]

When Alexander the Great conquered Persia, he inherited Egypt too. When Alexander the Great died, one of his Greek generals, Ptolemy I, became Pharaoh of Egypt. His son, Ptolemy II Philadelphus, was the ruler of Egypt who oversaw the Old Testament translated into Greek... so obviously there were many Israelite scholars in Egypt to do that. Tradition says there were 70 Israelite scholars from which that Bible gets its name, Septuagint. And, don't forget, Jesus, Mary and Joseph escaped Edomite-jew Herod's murder of the innocents when they were warned to flee into Egypt.

Quote Originally Posted by KingsX View Post

There is nothing in the text to suggest the man from Ethiopia was black [ie, not an Israelite.] That he read scripture and had came to Jerusalem to worship tells me he was an Israelite.

So when Jeremiah wrote "Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil." he meant an Ethiopian going from a light pink to a sunburned red?

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

LOL As I said, you are going to believe what you want to believe regardless of the evidence to the contrary. I think my sarcastic explanation is more probable than your ridiculous attempt to explain away the obvious.

But let me ask you a question. What was the definition of a proselyte? Let me answer the question for you. A proselyte, by definition, was not an Israelite but a stranger or foreigner living in the land but still desiring to have some relationship to God through the Law. So by definition, a proselyte could not be one of the children of Israel.

But here is another one of those unexplainable problems that you have to try to explain away:

Acts 6:5 And these words pleased the whole gathering. They chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit, Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolaus, a proselyte of Antioch;
    Acts 6:6 whom they set before the apostles. When they had prayed, they laid their hands on them.
    Acts 6:7 The word of God increased and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem exceedingly. A great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.
    Nicolaus was a PROSELYTE believer who was one of the seven men chosen by the church in Jerusalem to be leaders. How can a man, who is clearly not one of the children of Israel, be a saved believer in Christ and not only that but be chosen to be one of the leaders of the church?

When people today call someone by their country of origin...
    it does not automatically refer to the race of that person.

It was the same way in Bible times.

Today, not all Africans are black. Many of them are White.

It was the same in Biblical times.

People migrate voluntarily... others are forcibly removed en masse.

I posted previously how both Assyria and Babylon removed the vast
    majority of Israelites from the holy land... and only a small portion
    of them returned. At the time of Christ the vast majority of all 12 tribes
    of Israelites lived outside the holy land [see James 1:1] And yes...
    White Israelites also lived in Africa, just like many of them do today.

Last edited by KingsX; 05-26-2019 at 03:35 PM.

When people today call someone by their country of origin...
    it does not automatically refer to the race of that person.

It was the same way in Bible times.

Today, not all Africans are black. Many of them are White.

It was the same in Biblical times.

People migrate voluntarily... others are forcibly removed en masse.

I posted previously how both Assyria and Babylon removed the vast
    majority of Israelites from the holy land... and only a small portion
    of them returned. At the time of Christ the vast majority of all 12 tribes
    of Israelites lived outside the holy land [see James 1:1] And yes...
    White Israelites also lived in Africa, just like many of them do today.

Yes, and black means white, up means down, and a proselyte is an Israelite by birth, even though there is not a shred of evidence to support it. As I said, completely irrational. But you believe what you have to believe in order to maintain your antisemitism and racism, which are the unassailable truths that form the foundation for everything else you believe.

Interesting version of Christianity you have there, KingsX. Your God creates whole groups of people for the express purpose of dying someday, then they'll suffer forever the torments of hell (because, of course, they can't be saved by the Blood of Christ) just so He can get His jollies. Sort of the supernatural equivalent of a six year old focusing a magnifying glass over an ant hill.

Gandalf the Grey

My Disqus channel:

Quote Originally Posted by Bezukhov View Post

Interesting version of Christianity you have there, KingsX.

Many other "Christians" have never seen what I have posted here because it's Biblical and historical.

One can not properly understand the Bible without also knowing the history that relates to the Bible.

This is why for decades God has led me in the study of both.

Many other "Christians" have never seen what I have posted here because it's Biblical and historical.

One can not properly understand the Bible without also knowing the history that relates to the Bible.

This is why for decades God has led me in the study of both.

And you agree with me that your God has the same mental and emotional characteristics as a six year old pouring salt on snails?

Gandalf the Grey

My Disqus channel:

My own posts here speak for themselves.

No one else here speaks for me, least of all those who have proven themselves to be hostile.