Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Kenya's high court unanimously upholds ban on gay sex

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    12,129

    Default Kenya's high court unanimously upholds ban on gay sex

    Kenya's high court unanimously upholds ban on gay sex - Yahoo News

    Kenya's high court on Friday upheld a law banning gay sex, keeping same sex relations punishable by 14 years in jail in the East African nation and drawing strong criticism from the United Nations and rights activists.
    https://ca.news.yahoo.com/kenyas-hig...150352631.html
    Pastor Guest

    Free E- Book!

    "Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,182

    Default

    Is this why Obama moved from the land of his birth?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Providence, R.I.
    Posts
    2,566

    Default

    So why did Kenya ban gay sex? 'Cause it's a sin?
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

    I think you understood what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard was not what I meant.

    “Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

    My Disqus channel:

    https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Slave Region 10
    Posts
    62,685

    Default

    This week has not been good to Obama or his wife Michele,
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    "You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."
    John Buchan, 1st Baron Tweedsmuir of Enfield (1875-1940): Author and Diplomat

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Between Sandpoint and Coeur D'Alene
    Posts
    3,331

    Default

    How is that Court going to make sure that "Law" is enforced?
    Are people lining up at the court house to apply for the Peeping squad?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    12,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Bullwinkle View Post
    How is that Court going to make sure that "Law" is enforced?
    Are people lining up at the court house to apply for the Peeping squad?
    The law has been enforced for many years. When there is evidence someone has violated the law, they are prosecuted. The evidence can include testimony by witnesses as well as physical evidence that a sex act has been committed.

    BTW, Obama suspended foreign aid to Kenya in an attempt to make them change their laws against homosexuality and abortion. They refused and told him they didn't need the money.
    Pastor Guest

    Free E- Book!

    "Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5,213

    Default

    All looks good, on paper.

    Whenever the state assumes the power to enforce religious morality, in the absense of legitimate criminal (victim violated) activity, such enforcement is administered very selectively and oppression of the lower classes and political targets ensues.

    Reference the Anglican “church” of 15th/16th century England.....

    Wasn’t there a somewhat well known exodus from the British Isles, west, around that time?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Providence, R.I.
    Posts
    2,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest View Post
    The law has been enforced for many years. When there is evidence someone has violated the law, they are prosecuted. The evidence can include testimony by witnesses as well as physical evidence that a sex act has been committed.

    BTW, Obama suspended foreign aid to Kenya in an attempt to make them change their laws against homosexuality and abortion. They refused and told him they didn't need the money.
    Maybe this will be overturned.

    KENYA BANS FORCED ANAL EXAMINATIONS OF SUSPECTED GAY MEN IN LANDMARK DECISION

    https://www.newsweek.com/kenya-bans-...ecision-858608

    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Adams View Post
    All looks good, on paper.

    Whenever the state assumes the power to enforce religious morality, in the absense of legitimate criminal (victim violated) activity, such enforcement is administered very selectively and oppression of the lower classes and political targets ensues.

    Reference the Anglican “church” of 15th/16th century England.....

    Wasn’t there a somewhat well known exodus from the British Isles, west, around that time?
    If you're talking about the Puritans there was a twist to that story. The Puritans decided that they were being persecuted because non Puritans were not subscribing the the Puritans' views on morality, and letting the Puritans lord over them. So the Puritans packed their bags and left. No word if the Puritans let the door hit them on the ...
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

    I think you understood what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard was not what I meant.

    “Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

    My Disqus channel:

    https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5,213

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •