Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retirement Bill Passes House - Goes to Senate

Default Retirement Bill Passes House - Goes to Senate

Alert!

House passed a bipartisan retirement bill Thursday that raises the RMD age two years to age 72 [effective 12-31-2019.]

Now it goes to the Senate who have their own version of the bill. But the Senate version delays increasing the RMD age to year 2023, thereby denying millions of seniors [born in 1950, 51 and 52] that benefit that the House version would give them.

Oh btw... the Senator who wrote the Senate version was born in 1955... which means he still gets that benefit delayed when he included his 2023 arbitrary date. How convenient !

(1) allowing people who have saved too little to set more aside for their retirement;
    (2) helping small businesses offer 401ks and other retirement plans;
    (3) expanding access to retirement savings plans for low-income Americans without coverage; and
    (4) providing more certainty and flexibility during Americans’ retirement years.
    The measure includes more than 50 provisions to accomplish these objectives

Noting wrong with that at all. Course my 401 is long gone a long time ago. LOL So this does't mean a thing to me even though I was born in 1950. LOL

Want a monthly $30,000 Social Security check? It's coming when a cup of coffee at the diner will cost $150. The depreciation of the currency has been taking place since 1913, and the process must accelerate.

“We can guarantee cash benefits as far out and whatever size you like, but we cannot guarantee their purchasing power.” – Alan Greenspan (2005) ...

Time to cut your losses and figure on going it alone.....those of you who placed your faith in lesser gods and their insufficient tables of provision.

The RMD change from age 70 to age 72 is a BENEFIT to seniors.

Under the House bill that benefit begins next year, 2020.

The House overwhelmingly bipartisanly passed its version which would make that age 72 benefit available beginning with seniors who turn 70 in 2020.

The downside is that the Senate bill DELAYS the BENEFIT to year 2023, which means seniors born in 50, 51 abnd 52 do NOT get that benefit under the Senate version of the bill.

Why the Senate would intentionally delay that age 72 benefit to year 2023 shutting out millions of seniors born in 50, 51 and 52 from that benefit right before an election year is beyond me.

But the Senate will not vote until after June 3. We don't know what the Senate will do yet. So, if anyone else is concerned about the Senate's 2023 date delay, now is the time to tell your senators.

Why would any man or women of God be seeking benefits from civil government, benefits over and above the substance contributed by the beneficiary, which amounts to USURY ?

See Proverbs 23:1-3, Proverbs 1:10-16 (particularly verse 14)

Then tell me where in Psalm 91 it makes reference to seeking benefits from a foreign or civil potentate......

Sure am glad I am getting nearly 1300 in SS benefits I paid in course if I live long enough I surely will get More then IO paid in but that is why others that are working are still paying into such a thing as SS. Cool. But hen as SS goes up the Food Stamps allotment goes down. I only get 15 a month now, but that still is enough that I can enjoy a nice roast or stake once a month. LOL Like just last week I a a wonderful Newyork Strip Steak Yummmmmm.

I don't know but the smell is getting \pretty heavy. LOL I like it.

Do you like your stakes of wood, metal, or plastic? How many burgers can you buy for your trolling time per month?
    Educate others to grow our base of informed citizens, it's tyranny. Spread the Gospel.

Prepare wisely individually. An army runs on it's stomach.

Network with those who prepare wisely and take advantage of the strength in numbers and the economy of scale.

Then, when the curtains come down and the truth is evident to an informed citizenry, we unite and fight the new world order.