Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kenneth Copeland Unhinged on Inside Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Laura19 View Post
    (If you want to keep Copeland as one of your heroes, go for it. My OP was a mainstream article that Drudge posted, and I see no reason not to share it. Why not share it? He made a mess of answering the polite reporter's questions. Comparing himself to Abraham is laughable. Yes, Abraham was a wealthy man, but you wouldn't know it. Because the promised land would not be rid of the Canaanites in Abraham's lifetime, this wealthy man lived in tents as a nomad. He didn't let his wealth set him too high to travel coach. The gospel Copeland preaches is off balance...period!

All I can say about his ministering to Africa is that the people are very messed up there from his prosperity gospel. I have a friend who lives in South Africa and she is tired of being inundated with the prosperity gospel and sees it confuse the people. Maybe some truly meet Jesus thru his preaching, I don't know

Does this sit well with you? A computer response "praying for your mother's arthritis". A canned response like that? A menu with all kinds of diseases to pick from? I understand he can't personally read and respond, but like the article says, it sounds pretty cold. I wrote a famous personality once about my stillborn. Dave Wilkerson's ministry. Dave said he and his wife, Gwen, read them all. I cannot completely confirm that, but will tell you that when I wrote, a PERSONAl message, just 2 lines with my baby's name and a comforting message, was mailed back to me. A person, not a machine was really responding to me and I so appreciated that! I will say this one positive thing about Copeland, he hasn't been implicated in having affairs, etc. )

And then there are people like the former ministry employee who told me they lost their faith in Copeland after working inside the mail department, sitting hours on end in front of a computer reading letters from "Partners," processing as many as 500 prayer requests a day.
    "It's all pre-programmed choices that I had on my computer," the ex-employee told me. "When someone wanted a prayer for their mother's arthritis, I could make the choice – mother and arthritis. And when the letter would go to where it was generated … the computer knew where to put, 'We're praying for your mother's arthritis.'"

Instead, the thousands of pieces of mail that pour into the ministry every week, often accompanied by cash, money orders, stamps, checks, are brought into a vault area in tray upon tray and prayed over for a moment or two ("Thank you for these partners and, please, God, fill their needs") by low-level employees.
    "It's a cold sophisticated system," said the former employee. "And it became very impersonal.
    Only, the former employee says, that prayer was never uttered by Kenneth Copeland. Not one time. At least not in their presence: "Kenneth Copeland never sees a letter. He doesn't know what these people think of him. People write letters and they write as if he's their best friend. He never sees any of those letters."
    Laura, I've read some of your posts and from what I can ascertain, we do have much in common but there is one difference between us. You use hearsay as the final truth whereas I don't like to post or say anything until I have looked at the matter.

I do my due diligence and I have to wonder, if there are two sides to the story, where are the stories from the opposite side of the coin? I believe the things you speak of clearly shows that Kenneth is not of this world other wise the world would love him. Isn't that what Jesus said?

Lastly, I have to confess that the things that God showed Kenneth through the Scriptures, about walking in His ways concerning fiances have worked for me. God's Word is true when mixed with Love and Faith. His promises and benefits in the New Covenant are true and how much it works for you is directly gauged by the measure of faith you use.

If your measure is a thimble, that's what you get back. So we need to develop our measure so that it is bigger and Jesus will use that bigger measure and measure it back to you using the same measure.

The faith giants of our time have developed their measures to the size of dump trucks and it shows. That's why the world attacks them, because the wicked one (the god of this world) sees their faith life as a threat to his Babylonian system that we live in.

That's how walking in faith in the promises of God works.

I know that you are one of my sisters in Him and I really have no desire to argue with you because all of us are at different levels in our growth into the full stature of a full grown adult in Jesus and His anointing.

Just trust in the Scriptures and your Teacher, the Holy Spirit. Don't listen to the voices of doubt from the world, they tend to hinder your growth in Him.

Shalom and Amen...
    Pride Always Has A Better Idea.

And it's not your job to mold me to your likeness!

Mat 22:37-40 (msg) Jesus said, "'Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.'

This is the most important, the first on any list.

But there is a second to set alongside it: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.'

These two commands are pegs; everything in God's Law and the Prophets hangs from them."

Laura19 is offline Tree of Liberty Supporter

Daytona,
    When you say heresay, I don't know what was heresay on the video.

Yes, mixed with love and faith, there are good things.....great things that come from giving unto the Lord. I see it too! Every preacher can bring a different facet of the Lord's teachings to us. But it's the over emphasis that is troubling for me and the lavish lifestyles just seem so over the top. You may be one who can take the meat from the bones and be OK. Someone new in the faith may stall out on the prosperity lingo and never graduate to the meat.

Anyway, peace to you. I do still feel it was OK to post the video and would do it for my "heroes" as well, but we can agree to disagree.

THE END ISN'T NEAR.........IT'S HERE

The problem is not global warming – it is moral cooling.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytonabill0001 View Post

accuser of the brethren...
    I don't think you know what that means.

Rev 12:10 "..., for the ACCUSER (G2725) OF OUR BROTHERS, WHO ACCUSED THEM BEFORE OUR ELOHIM DAY AND NIGHT..."
    Can you imagine, accusation day and night from the adversary? Do you think that would get old, hearing that? Wanna shut the adversary up? You can, but you have to understand the terms of accusation:
    G2725
    κατήγορος
    katēgoros

"... that is, a COMPLAINANT AT LAW; specifically Satan: - accuser."

If you think His Instructions (law) have been done away, you may want to rethink that. If you are OBEYING, the adversary has no complaint, and Abba doesn't have to hear it...day and night!

The very word apostacia is a direct application to the above.

In this first use, we see Shaul (Paul) is asked to ‘prove himself’ in regards to rumors concerning him teaching against Torah to the Gentiles. Of course the issue gets cleared up, (much like the false witnesses stirred up against Stephen in Acts 6 concerning torah) against but please take special notice of the first usage of the word ‘apostasia’ and the direct context of ‘to forsake’ (apostasia) Moses (Torah):
    Act 21:20-24 And when they heard it, they praised the Master. And they said to him, “You see, brother, how many thousands of Yehuḏim there are who have believed, and all are ardent for the Torah. “And they have been informed about you that you teach all the Yehuḏim who are among the gentiles to forsake (see 1) G646Mosheh, saying not to circumcise the children nor to walk according to the practices. “What then is it? They shall certainly hear that you have come. “So do this, what we say to you: We have four men who have taken a vow. “Take them and be cleansed with them, and pay their expenses so that they shave their heads. And all shall know that what they have been informed about you is not so, but that you yourself also walk orderly, keeping the Torah.
    Here we have the second, of only two uses of the word. Again, the context is unmistakable; though here it is translated ‘falling away’; the ushering in of the ‘man of torahlessness’—but is it ONE MAN, or perhaps millennia of anti-torah apostasy already seated in the temple of men?
    2Th 2:3-4 Let no one deceive you in any way, because the falling away (see 1) G646 is to come first, and the man of torah-less-ness is to be revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called Elohim or that is worshipped, so that he sits as Elohim in the Dwelling Place (temple) of Elohim, showing himself that he is Elohim. Are we now revealing the anti-torah doctrine?

(1) G646 apostasia ap-os-tas-ee'-ahFeminine of the same as G647; defection from truth (properly the state), (“apostasy”): - falling away, forsake. G647 apostasionap-os-tas'-ee-o Neuter of a (presumed) adjective from a derivative of G868; properly something separative, that is, (specifically) divorce: - (writing of) divorcement.
    (ADDITIONAL CONTEXT): 2Th 2:5-12… For the secret of lawlessness (torah-less-ness) is already at work – only until he who now restrains comes out of the midst. And then the torah-less one shall be revealed, whom the Master shall consume with the Spirit of His mouth and bring to naught with the manifestation of His coming. The coming of the torah-less one is according to the working of Satan, with all power and signs and wonders of falsehood, and with all deceit of unrighteousness in those perishing, because they did not receive the love of the truth, in order for them to be saved. And for this reason Elohim sends them a working of delusion, for them to believe the falsehood, in order that all should be judged who did not believe the truth, but have delighted in the unrighteousness. It’s says Messiah will bring this ‘to naught’…Yahusha brings Torah for His Kingdom. Lying signs and wonders; deceitful manifestations of power-‘dunamis’-miraculous power…a counterfeit of the True Spirit.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura19 View Post
    Daytona,
    When you say heresay, I don't know what was heresay on the video.

Yes, mixed with love and faith, there are good things.....great things that come from giving unto the Lord. I see it too! Every preacher can bring a different facet of the Lord's teachings to us. But it's the over emphasis that is troubling for me and the lavish lifestyles just seem so over the top. You may be one who can take the meat from the bones and be OK. Someone new in the faith may stall out on the prosperity lingo and never graduate to the meat.

Anyway, peace to you. I do still feel it was OK to post the video and would do it for my "heroes" as well, but we can agree to disagree.
    Thank you Laura, yes we can agree to disagree between the both of us and still love each other as brethren in Him. I can see how that might seem too lavish to some, but remember, the Father paved the streets of Heaven with Gold and look what He made the 12 Gates of New Jerusalem with!!! If anybody is lavish, it would have to be the Father and remember, the half has yet to be told! That was just for a nibble and the Father has no problem with riches as long as the riches don't have you.

Mat 22:37-40 (msg) Jesus said, "'Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.'

But there is a second to set alongside it: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.'

These two commands are pegs; everything in God's Law and the Prophets hangs from them."

Off-Grid Organics, I still don't understand your point. I think your Bible is screwed up. What happened to Acts 21:25? That is still in the context... You left it out, why? That verse DOESN'T HANG WITH WHAT YOU ARE SAYING!

We're talking past each other...

At the end of your post, it seemed that you don't think Mark 16:17-20 should be in the Scriptures...

I'm not going to argue with you anymore, in my world, the Father has made me to sit at His right Hand, in Jesus, I've got a feeling you're not going to like that...

But don't worry, I'm not going to argue with you any further, so be good and see you later...

Quote Originally Posted by Daytonabill0001 View Post
    I think your Bible is screwed up. What happened to Acts 21:25?
    ???? I was staying relevant to the topic.

Act 21:25 “But concerning the nations who believe, we have written and decided that they should keep themselves from what is offered to idols, and blood, and what is strangled, and whoring.

Very true...all from Torah. Like this verse, included references: Act 15:20 but that we write to them to abstain from the defilements of idols,a and from whoring,b and from what is strangled,c and from blood.d Footnotes: a Exo_22:20, Lev_17:7, Deu_32:17, Deu_32:21, 1Co_10:14, 1Co_10:20-21. b Num_25:1-3, Lev_17:7. c Gen_9:4, Eze_33:25 (Strangled - One way of eating meat with blood) Pro_21:25. d Lev_17:10-14.

And the verse before, for the context: Act 15:19 “Therefore I judge that we should not trouble those from among the nations who are turning to Elohim,

While they were TURNING to Him...Act 15:21 “For from ancient generations Mosheh has, in every city, those proclaiming him – being read in the congregations every Sabbath.”

Sorry to see you go!
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.