Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: World War III Warning Thread - Weeks of 6/5/19 - 6/24/19

Quote Originally Posted by danielboon View Post
    Syria Refuses Access to Chemical Weapons Investigators, Watchdog Says Syrian officials have refused access to a newly-created chemical weapons investigation team formed to identify culprits behind attacks with banned munitions, the organisation's top official said in remarks published on Wednesday.

Member countries of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) voted last year to create the Investigation and Identification Team (IIT), a decision that was opposed by Damascus and its ally Russia.

"Syria refuses to recognise the decision and to deal with any of its subsequent implications and effects," OPCW head Fernando Arias told member states.

He said Syria's deputy foreign minister, Faysal Mekdad, had informed the OPCW in writing of the decision not to issue travel visas to members of the investigation team.

"Additionally, I received two letters dated 9 May and 14 May from the vice-minister, informing of Syria's objection to grant the newly appointed members of the IIT access to any confidential information concerning the Syrian chemical dossier" Arias said.

With 193 member states, the OPCW, based in The Hague in the Netherlands, is the U.N.-supported global body established to rid the world of chemcial weapons.

Syria joined the OPCW in 2013, agreeing to give weapons inspectors access, in a move that averted air strikes threatened by then-U.S. President Barack Obama.A joint United Nations-OPCW investigation team (JIM) concluded that Syrian forces used banned nerve agent sarin and chlorine barrel bombs, while militants with Islamic State had used mustard gas.

The new investigation team was formed after Russia vetoed a resolution to extend the mandate of the JIM in November 2017. https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-...says-1.7363205

Good for Syria, since they OSCPE was caught leaving out evidence, that 100% contradicted west claims on the attack the west used to attack Syria..

From own West experts..

2 oil tankers have been attacked in the Persian gulf both on fire Iran has rescued the sailors US fifth fleet has been briefed .
    Revelation 14:7
    Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
    "not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.”

Warning after reports of Gulf tanker blasts
    https://t.co/OKeIdwsUG7
    Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

ELINT News Retweeted

Conflict News

@Conflicts
    20m20 minutes ago
    More
    CAMEROON: 24 people including 16 soldiers have been killed after 300 Boko Haram militants attacked an island in Lake Chad.

Marco Rubio

Verified account

@marcorubio
    Follow Follow @marcorubio
    More
    The attacks in the gulf today by forces under the control of the Quds Force of the #IRGC have created a very dangerous situation in the region.

Saudi Arabia warns Yemen’s Houthis of ‘grave consequences’ after airport attack Saudi Arabia on Thursday warned Yemen's Houthis that it faced "grave consequences" for a missile attack on an airport that wounded 26 people a day earlier.

"The continuation of the Iranian regime's aggression and reckless escalation, whether directly or through its militias, will result in grave consequences," deputy defence minister Prince Khaled bin Salman tweeted.

Yemen's Houthi rebels hit the civilian airport in the popular mountain resort of Abha in the southwest of the kingdom on Wednesday, damaging the arrivals hall and forcing its closure for several hours.

"We will confront the Houthi militia's crimes with unwavering resolve," said Prince Khaled, a son of King Salman.

"Their targeting of a civilian airport exposes to the world the recklessness of Iran's escalation and the danger it poses to regional security and stability."

Planes from the Saudi-led military coalition fighting in Yemen bombed areas around the capital Sanaa on Thursday, residents and the Houthi-run Al-Masirah TV said.

On Wednesday, the coalition vowed to respond firmly to a Houthi missile attack on a civilian airport in southern Saudi Arabia that wounded 26 people.

Masirah said there had been raids on three sites, including military targets belonging to Houthi forces, on the outskirts of Sanaa.

Residents told Reuters the strikes had targeted military camps west and north of the city.

Riyadh has accused the rebels of being Iranian proxies ever since it led its allies in launching a military intervention against them in March 2015.

"The Iranian regime is the only party in the region that has been pursuing reckless escalation, through the use of ballistic missiles and UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles) to directly target civilian installations and innocent civilians," Prince Khaled said.

"For 40 years, the Iranian regime has been spreading chaos, death and destruction, by sponsoring and financing terrorist organisations including the Houthis."

There has been a spate of rebel attacks on Saudi targets in recent weeks.

A Houthi military spokesman on Tuesday threatened that the group would target every airport in Saudi Arabia and that the coming days would reveal "big surprises".

The alliance intervened in Yemen in 2015 to try to restore the internationally recognised government that was ousted from power in the capital Sanaa by the Houthis in late 2014.

Since 2015, the conflict has killed tens of thousands of people, many of them civilians, relief agencies say.

It has triggered what the UN describes as the world's worst humanitarian crisis, with 24.1 million Yemenis – more than two-thirds of the population – in need of aid.https://www.thenational.ae/world/men...ttack-1.873963

Quote Originally Posted by danielboon View Post
    Saudi Arabia warns Yemen’s Houthis of ‘grave consequences’ after airport attack Saudi Arabia on Thursday warned Yemen's Houthis that it faced "grave consequences" for a missile attack on an airport that wounded 26 people a day earlier.

"The continuation of the Iranian regime's aggression and reckless escalation, whether directly or through its militias, will result in grave consequences," deputy defence minister Prince Khaled bin Salman tweeted.

Yemen's Houthi rebels hit the civilian airport in the popular mountain resort of Abha in the southwest of the kingdom on Wednesday, damaging the arrivals hall and forcing its closure for several hours.

"We will confront the Houthi militia's crimes with unwavering resolve," said Prince Khaled, a son of King Salman.

"Their targeting of a civilian airport exposes to the world the recklessness of Iran's escalation and the danger it poses to regional security and stability."

Planes from the Saudi-led military coalition fighting in Yemen bombed areas around the capital Sanaa on Thursday, residents and the Houthi-run Al-Masirah TV said.

On Wednesday, the coalition vowed to respond firmly to a Houthi missile attack on a civilian airport in southern Saudi Arabia that wounded 26 people.

Masirah said there had been raids on three sites, including military targets belonging to Houthi forces, on the outskirts of Sanaa.

Residents told Reuters the strikes had targeted military camps west and north of the city.

Riyadh has accused the rebels of being Iranian proxies ever since it led its allies in launching a military intervention against them in March 2015.

"The Iranian regime is the only party in the region that has been pursuing reckless escalation, through the use of ballistic missiles and UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles) to directly target civilian installations and innocent civilians," Prince Khaled said.

"For 40 years, the Iranian regime has been spreading chaos, death and destruction, by sponsoring and financing terrorist organisations including the Houthis."

There has been a spate of rebel attacks on Saudi targets in recent weeks.

A Houthi military spokesman on Tuesday threatened that the group would target every airport in Saudi Arabia and that the coming days would reveal "big surprises".

The alliance intervened in Yemen in 2015 to try to restore the internationally recognised government that was ousted from power in the capital Sanaa by the Houthis in late 2014.

Since 2015, the conflict has killed tens of thousands of people, many of them civilians, relief agencies say.

It has triggered what the UN describes as the world's worst humanitarian crisis, with 24.1 million Yemenis – more than two-thirds of the population – in need of aid.https://www.thenational.ae/world/men...ttack-1.873963

I responded on the other thread about the tanker attacks, that the Houthi's may have been involved with the use of Drone's..

ELINT News Retweeted

Al Arabiya English

Verified account

@AlArabiya_Eng
    54m54 minutes ago
    More
    Breaking: US President Donald Trump says Iran committed the attack on the two tankers in the Gulf of Oman
    ELINT News Retweeted

Al Arabiya English

Verified account

@AlArabiya_Eng
    47m47 minutes ago
    More
    Breaking: Trump says Hormuz strait will not be closed, but if it is, it won't be for long.